• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{**PCTeam**} The magnificent Noob PAM390 - Gen comparison pics

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Comparison Noob PAM 390 with Gen - Mini Review

Hi friends
Below you can see some comparison pics of Noob PAm 390 with the gen
These pics are from "hon30", the owner of these two wathes. Below pics are by hon30 courtesy, who kindly gave his permission to publish them here.

On the left side Gen PAM 390. On the right side Noob rep,
And always:
390 on Mx strap is Gen
390 on Asso strap is the Noob 390

IMG_3195.jpg

outdoor light

Hon30 comments:
- Looking both dials in person, indices and dial shade is spot on.
- Both crystals don't have that strong blue or greenish hue.

These pic are very enlightening about this matter

It is clear now that Noob is, most likely, the best option at this moment over H maker and KW 390. I will see KW version next week. But i know fron klockis who got a KW PAM 390 that features strong blue AR cristal.

You can see below my opinions following hon30 pics and other information about the PAM 390 replicas

Dial and hands
- Noob dial layout is almost perfect as we saw in a previous post:

PAM390Noobvsgen-horizcopiar_zpsc727c3cf.jpg

PAM390Noobvsgen-vertcopiar_zpsf36b400f.jpg

- Dial texture and colour: we get different results in function of the light and some of them are opposite. In some pics seems noob darker whereas in other smees gen darker. Regarding texture is the same because side pic of Noob seems have texture too. The same for lume colour.
I think that hon30 opinion must prevail and we can consider that Noob dial is accurate in this regard

- Cannon pinion is almost like gen. Perfect

- Noob PAM 390 hands are very well cut with clean edges, but, as already said in other posts, have clearly a lighter or less yellow gold colour. It seems that Noob hands are Rose Gold plated but Gen are mafde of Yellow Gold. Noob hands are really nicer than gen IMO, but the colour is not accurate.

- Lume application seems flatter than H maker and KW. Noob lume not as flat as gen but is the best approach nowadays. Differences are more evident in outdoor light.

- Colour lume seems a bit more yellowish than gen but i think it is a light effect, since hon30 says there is no difference in person

Crystal
- AR colour, although the post in Rolex-forum talking about Blue hue in gen, even stronger to PAM Boutiques:
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showpost.php?p=1454591&postcount=98
I have seen nothing to prove this statement and we have not get any pic proving the blue colour in gen PAM 390. Then colourless Noob crystal is more accurate tham KW crystal with blue-violet hue. Even AR effect seems better in Noob in comparison with the gen.

- From the pics it seems that Noob has improved the bevel of the crystal. Because in current versions the bevel of the crystal was very large in comparison to gen.
Below pic is the crystal bevel of new Noob PAM 390

PAM390noobhon30bevelcrystalcopiar_zps28988404.jpg

Whreas below pic is the bevel of current Noob replicas

PAM390BEVELNOOBCRYSTAL_zps3c318cd5.jpg

Case-set
- At last !. Noob has changed the “fat†crown to a “slim†crown. Then we have here an evident improvement of Noob set.

- Noob seems to have introduced some improvements in lever shape but has not changed the roller support shape and remain wrong like last versions.

PAM390wrongrollersupport_zps3e0072e5.jpg

- Concerning case it seems there are no changes and remain all advantages and flaws. Good finish and general shape, nice CG and perfectly accurate bezel.
The lug screws seem well placed, but in hon30 sample there is some differences left-right as you can see in the hin30 pic. The right lug screw seems to be towards inside.
The Noob 390 lugs are fater in upper side (as always). In this way, when the lugs are joining the case, they leave less space between the upper side of the lug and the cushion shape of the case.
You can see this Noob lug flaw in below comparison pic (made from hon30 pics). You can see the space left by the gen (gen orange zone) is higher than the space left by the Noob (Noob orange zone)
As well in the Noob pic you can see the gen lug contour (blue contour) superimposed over the Noob lug shape. You can see how the Noob lug is clearly fater, in the upper side, than gen (blue arrow).

PAM390HON30GEN-NOOBcopiar_zpse7f2388f.jpg

Curiously KW lugs are opposite, because they are thinner than gen. But both lugs have wrong shape. In my opinion, but this is a taste matter, Noob lugs are nicer, more aesthetic in some way, but both are inaccurate in this regard.

Conclusions
Noob PAM 390 is a replica very difficult to be surpassed. It is, most likely the best current option of this model.
Next week I hope to receive a KW PAM 390 for a fried. I don’t like the crystal AR blue hue of this KW replica. Anyway, I will get more info about this other new version of PAM 390 rep.

ALE

faberjay111

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/12
Honestly.....I can't tell the difference!

I am so happy with my 390!! One of my favorite (rep)watches.

ikiestik

Renowned Member
8/4/09
Looks like I may have to get a noob 390 then, they are pretty close.

D

d4m.test

lol.. I guess some of the people that work at PAM Boutique don't even know this. Great work man...!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Thnaks for your words and Reading

Next week I will be a Casablanca (Maroc) on business trip. I will receive (I hope) KW PAM 390. I think that about 16-17 June I will see and publish comments. But the cristal is blue, strong blue following comments of Klockis who got one.

Anyway Noob PAM 390 is not easy to be surpassed.

ALE

su23272049

Looking Around
7/5/13
Thanks. Ale
After this comparison I think I can make up my mind
To get a noob pam 390

integlspwr

7/5/12
shucks. i will stand by on getting my KW version and see if I will catch & release it, and if I do, i will get a n00b version.

SilverFix

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/11/12
The 390 is starting to really shape up to be my first PAM purchase unless I go for a Goin Vintage job, great comparison thread, thank you so much to the OP

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
The 390 is starting to really shape up to be my first PAM purchase unless I go for a Goin Vintage job, great comparison thread, thank you so much to the OP

These are very good choices for a first PAM replica
But you could consider too:

PAM 417 KW
PAm 111 Noob V3
PAM 243 Noob V2
PAM 029 Noob V2

ALE

SilverFix

5/11/12
Thanks Ales, the 111 noob v3 is clearly a renowned rep and the display back is something I love but the 390's colouration really is nice, but also looked at a couple of Goin's vintage offerings, not sure how they stand up as reps but I think they look fantastic!

Edit: I don't want to hijack this thread though, thanks again!

bchandler

14/5/12
Great info! I find a lot of these threads where we compare makers against each other to be useless, to be honest, since we should be comparing against gens directly. This data is perfect. This is my next rep for sure :)

Jaybo

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/13
Ever get the KW, Ale? Interested to read your view on it before ordering the noob.