• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Have you ever bought a box set?

geegee78

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/5/10
I was thinking about buying a boxset.

So I was wondering if anyone has bought one before and if they think they are worth the extra cash.

Also what are the reasons to buy a boxset?

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Photography prop, storage box, pretending to your friends. Lots of reasons ;)

I have a rep Pam box and a rep Rolex box. Both have been used in the past for photos but nothing more really.

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
I buy the rep boxes to store my watches in them. No one but me sees the boxes so I could care less whether they are close to gen or not. I just like keeping my watches in their brand's boxes

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
I have quite many, trying to have one per brand I own.
There is a lot of garbage, but some boxes are really worth getting. I would advise you ask for some opinions on the boards once you found a model you like.
The Panerai boxes are nice, for sure.
The Breitling one with a leather pouch inside too, as well as the black IWC one.
I've tried 2 HBB boxes, been disappointed so far.

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
I have a lot of beautiful boxes...They sit in my closet.

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
I live in a small house..>>>

I barely have enough spare storage room for a dozen condoms....The only reason I'd ever get a box set would be to pull off an ebay scam!!...

I did get a box set with my gen Omega Dynamic @ 10 yrs ago, and I use the tin from it as a pencil can on my desk...I haven't a clue where the box has gone to though....

tillybop

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
13/10/11
I recently bought a rep Pam box. Although I thouht it quite expensive at aroung 50 GBP, I was quitre impressed with the quality and accuracy.

D

d4m.test

I was thinking about buying a boxset.

So I was wondering if anyone has bought one before and if they think they are worth the extra cash.

Also what are the reasons to buy a boxset?

Yes, from eBay. They're a good investment: keep the watches organized and safe; keep them clean; adds to the ease of viewing your collection; aids in preparations for weeding out your collection from time to time. Overall, they're a worthwhile investment.

dave

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Maybe because my Dad has a GEN one and I put them side by side. From far away they look fine. But the material they are made of is nothing like the GEN.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I'm jonesing for a SE Panerai box!!!!

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
I like the boxes .... sometimes more than the watches :)

EBAY has a bunch of generic ones for sale from around $10 .... I guess some would be OK.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
;)

slytech_box1.jpg

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
rep?

One more thing about boxes while I am carrying on .....

I strongly recommend NOT buying a multiple watch case

one becomes addicted to filling the bugger!

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I want a box that holds only SIX! That LE would be perfect. Will they rep it? No fecking way....... :cry: