• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Reference PAM STRAP GUIDE" - Makers, Dimensions, Change, Combo pics

NCchef

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/13
Anyone feeling pain on the wrist when wearing the original rubber strap? Just got a 005 from toro and it is hurting my wrist.

It's because it's a rep rubber. The gen rubber is much much softer and flexible plus the gen comes in 125/75 size and it's much more comfortable on the wrist. The rep rubber rips out my arm hairs

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
It's because it's a rep rubber. The gen rubber is much much softer and flexible plus the gen comes in 125/75 size and it's much more comfortable on the wrist. The rep rubber rips out my arm hairs

Oh so that's why it hurts. I can't say I can relate as my arms are fuzz free. :lol:

Focuus

Looking Around
5/10/15
Does anybody try Panerai with steel mesh strap? Will it mount? I've made a quick mockup in PS.

Panwithmesh.jpg

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Thanks guys for the comments
Glad to be helpful

ALE

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Thanks guys
Glad you like it

ALE

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
"like" is not the proper word

Love, admire, respect, envy, worship etc maybe... :)

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

LOL
Thanks you are very kind

ALE

Variatio Delectat

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/13
Planet Earth
Absolutely fantastic, many many thanks for this incredibly useful thread!

Out of curiosity: Usually the standard length for a PAM strap has been 115/75, which always was a bit tiny so I had to order XL length. Now I read somewhere that they recently changed the standard length to 125/90. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Edit: Maybe I'll better open a new thread... :unsure:

Herc

Renowned Member
11/6/16
Belfast - United Kingdom
beautiful straps on display. Just purchased my first rep Panerai 441 and looking to upgrade the strap but not sure on what size to choose. Any help appreciated. ps wrist are around 7inches. thanks

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
beautiful straps on display. Just purchased my first rep Panerai 441 and looking to upgrade the strap but not sure on what size to choose. Any help appreciated. ps wrist are around 7inches. thanks

You can check this site for some guidance.

https://toshi-straps.co.uk/strap-width-length/

Basically it states that you'll need around 125/75 to 130/80 (wrists can sometimes decrease/increase in size depending on various factors). Also it depends how thick the strap you are thinking to buy, thicker means longer. Another factor is do you want the tail (the excess part after the keeper) long or short on your strap?

Herc

Renowned Member
11/6/16
Belfast - United Kingdom
You can check this site for some guidance.

https://toshi-straps.co.uk/strap-width-length/

Basically it states that you'll need around 125/75 to 130/80 (wrists can sometimes decrease/increase in size depending on various factors). Also it depends how thick the strap you are thinking to buy, thicker means longer. Another factor is do you want the tail (the excess part after the keeper) long or short on your strap?

Great - much appreciated buddy. I notice he is from uk so that is good for me. Ill look into ordering a strap and pvd buckle from him ;)