• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF PAM968

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
ZF is back in the game making PAM

8-A3-D12-F0-86-AF-4-FF5-BD23-CF25-DA859924.jpg

stay tuned for more photos

Last edited:

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Good news, following!

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
Saw their pictures on Puretime and it look quite bad. Using 7750 movement.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Reactions: johnlogan

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
Thank you donkacper ! Literally at the same time!:)

Well, besides a lot of strange disadvantages that are not at all interesting to observe from those who are trying to compete with VSF (thin Crown, bezel edge around the insert, and much more), The main problem is that they repeated the experience with the PAM671 and made the dial layout in accordance with the old style of PAM382, which does not fit the PAM968 at all.

I hope they will try to solve it later, but this is not just an attempt to take away at least some of the "blind" buyers from VSF.

superspark69

Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
but on a positive note, if the material is the same as vsf, the crown guard would be an upgrade to your vsf eliminating the 'G' defect. we will need to see how the zf looks in real life though.

Reactions: mrsullivan

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
but on a positive note, if the material is the same as vsf, the crown guard would be an upgrade to your vsf eliminating the 'G' defect. we will need to see how the zf looks in real life though.

I am pessimistic in this point. I have a Tudor BB Bronzo from ZF and there the bronze alloy is far inferior compared to the bronze alloy VSF uses for their Pams. But maybee they use another alloy for their new 968. I hope, they will do.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
To be checked yes. VSF used a nice bronzo, same grade as Panerai actually am I right?

Reactions: jibuti

Rupert Fripp

Supporter
Certified
27/3/21
Thank you donkacper ! Literally at the same time!:)

Well, besides a lot of strange disadvantages that are not at all interesting to observe from those who are trying to compete with VSF (thin Crown, bezel edge around the insert, and much more), The main problem is that they repeated the experience with the PAM671 and made the dial layout in accordance with the old style of PAM382, which does not fit the PAM968 at all.

I hope they will try to solve it later, but this is not just an attempt to take away at least some of the "blind" buyers from VSF.

Is VSF the top one in the comparison?

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
To be checked yes. VSF used a nice bronzo, same grade as Panerai actually am I right?
No one has tested the 968, neither VSF nor ZF, although the latter in this photo ZF look more red and but judging by the color, there is no reason not to trust VSF.
Let me remind you that a study was conducted earlier:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...icial-chemical-analysis-the-definitive-answer

This is just a comparison of the ZF and V6F (which are considered to be the predecessors of the VSF). This creates some distrust in ZF.
Later, ZF made the PAM671 and the lack of bronze color was not noticeable.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...parison-and-review-zf-pam671-and-xf-pam671-v2

Personally, I had a ZF 382 and I have no complaints about the color when there is a patina on the watch, especially since my favorite "brown" color of bronze on a more copper alloy turns out to be more pleasant to my eye in my opinion.
But of course, the yellower color VSF / V6F / KW is more correct, especially considering that PAM968 is not often covered with artificial strong patina.

However, I don’t suggest drawing conclusions from the first photo and probably the only sample that we saw.
Maybe not everyone will be like this, maybe this is the Specificity of lighting, maybe it's a kind of surface film, or maybe the next samples will be of a different color. Let's wait, or buy it as it is.

​​​​​​​Also, at the expense of CG, I want to note that it is clearly a different shape than VSF, especially on the arc, which is thinner, also thinner Crown, and the side of the ZF case may have a different shape, so replacing VSF CG with ZF can be a controversial step, and with accurate in terms of the correctness of the form, and installation without additional modifications.

TYL88

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/17
Im actually more concerned on the lume color, it looks white from the pics. The gen is caramel brown. While VSF is green :-(

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Great input KOT1917, I'd never seen that thread thank you.

The bronze texture and color on the new pictures posted on Dadog's 1rst post don't look too good so far, but you're right I guess the shooting conditions have an influence on what we see.

Wait and see for pictures IRL, even though at first glance this ZF won't be on the VSF level qualitywise.

Last edited:
Reactions: KOT1917

tlander13

1/11/20
USA
I'm at least super chuffed that someone is putting a7750's in Panerai reps.

Hopefully the trend continues and that perhaps ttwp can source me a few movements to replace numerous problematic p9000's in my collection.