• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Noob LMPO V6 is out. Time to be a super rep.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
it works upside down yes. when its lying still on a surface, it runs fine. the moment I put it on, and the watch tilts, the issue starts. it will then only start when I give it a quick jerk. so if I don't notice it stopping, then it looses time. but I agree with you. I need to find a watch maker willing to work on it. would anyone perhaps know if a watch maker is capable to work on an ETA2892, would he then also be capable to work on an A2892? is it it an exact copie?

darkknight89

Horology Curious
3/6/17
Where can i get a prof crystal with double AR coating for this watch? I have a v5 but the crystal clarity and AR coating does nt seem good .
Also should i upgrade to v6 if i have a v5??

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
The Asian copy of the 2892 / 2892-A2 is produced by Seagull. It is a Seagull ST18 inside.
A very reliable movement and also good quality.
These ST18 movements are clones from the ETA.
Difference is: ETA has 21jewels and Seagull use 23jewels. But tgis does not matter.
Weak point is for both movements the “light“ rotor for winding.

jpchub yes a watchmaker can work also on the Asian clone.

Reactions: C Master

darkknight89

Horology Curious
3/6/17
Love it on the nato-strap (phenomenato)
af121b22b82a5fce49712bd4f0742b35.jpg
12fa835be06c7117f33fd6388d12a0f8.jpg
71817fe2c7984dd02a7fdce76f4ebe95.jpg
de9c420704c33363b6a91c3da96d7ff6.jpg

Damn good !! 3 questions -
1 -is it brushed or polished?
2- is it regular length or short?
3- 20mm or 22mm
Thanks

Sent from the RWI App

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Where can i get a prof crystal with double AR coating for this watch? I have a v5 but the crystal clarity and AR coating does nt seem good .
Also should i upgrade to v6 if i have a v5??

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Contact rnrprof for an xtal. He is a supporting vendor here so he has his own section.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Nur-Uhr thank you for the info. I will try to get hold of one. my TD just asked if I would like send it back to them for insoection. But not too keen on paying for shipping again, and the risk of it travelling between South Africa and Hong Kong back and forth.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Nur-Uhr thank you for the info. I will try to get hold of one. my TD just asked if I would like send it back to them for insoection. But not too keen on paying for shipping again, and the risk of it travelling between South Africa and Hong Kong back and forth.

I would never send a watch back to a TD. The risks of it getting there safely and getting back to me are too high. I find having a good local watchmaker really adds to the enjoyment of this hobby. Saying that my V2 hybrid LMPO has been at my loclal watchmaker for 5 months now but that could be quicker than sending it to TD for repair and a lot less riskier lol.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
yllekp yes I agree. I just made a phone call to local watchmaker who said they have no problem working on a rep, but they first need to see it to make sure they can. so off I am!

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
@mech500
What do you mean "mismatching hour hands and markers" ?
They are the same colour.
Also the hour hand is nowhere near touching the dial:

Yeah, I was puzzled by that too. Certainly my watch has none of those issues.

Reactions: merowinger

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
soo, I went to the watch maker. the lady in front takes the watch to the back. the watch maker comes out and asks, sir, are you sure this is a rep. he says he has not seen such a quality rep ever. and apparently they see them often. now I might get burnt by you guys for taking to an Omega certified smith, but the are not agents, so I figured it's ok. his comment about the quality kinda gives me a bit of a hard-on, haha. well watch is booked and the main watch maker who only works on Fridays will have a look tomorrow. this might cost me a bit, but hope they can sort it.

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
My watchsmith doesn't give 2 shits if it's a rep or gen. And he does proper watches like AP and Lange and similar. He just won't touch Canal street type junk.

Oh how I wish they'd update the DW..and not f&#k up something else in the process..

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
soo, I went to the watch maker. the lady in front takes the watch to the back. the watch maker comes out and asks, sir, are you sure this is a rep. he says he has not seen such a quality rep ever. and apparently they see them often. now I might get burnt by you guys for taking to an Omega certified smith, but the are not agents, so I figured it's ok. his comment about the quality kinda gives me a bit of a hard-on, haha. well watch is booked and the main watch maker who only works on Fridays will have a look tomorrow. this might cost me a bit, but hope they can sort it.

A real watchmaker is the way to go if he is happy to work on reps. Mine is completely certified but keeps his work on reps very quiet.

Reactions: vcappp

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Therion666 the junior watchsmith said he'll only find out tomorrow if the geezer that's working tomorrow will actually take the movement apart. apparently they scared of other stuff braking while fixing one thing. so crossing my fingers.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Therion666 the junior watchsmith said he'll only find out tomorrow if the geezer that's working tomorrow will actually take the movement apart. apparently they scared of other stuff braking while fixing one thing. so crossing my fingers.

You should swap the movement with a serviced or new Swiss eta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13

The last generation of rep movements is quite well made and gen parts fit 1:1,no worries. Any half decent watchsmith can fix it.

And as Maron has said, I think this watch deserves a gen ETA. They're quite affordable these days.

Reactions: vasteen116520

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
yah I'll see what the damage is first. had to cough up $150 to get the watch out of customs as well. so now it's getting expensive. but if the movement is toast, i'll prob do it.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
yah I'll see what the damage is first. had to cough up $150 to get the watch out of customs as well. so now it's getting expensive. but if the movement is toast, i'll prob do it.

Problem with clone movements is you could pay $50 to have them fix it, three months later it needs another repair, or a full service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
yes true. was thinking if the movement is totally screwed to ask the TD if he can't organize a new movement at least