• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The one and only: Omega LMPO 1948 [Review]

pclemens

Horology Curious
19/5/15
Hi everyone!
I recently received my LMPO 2016 from PureTime.

Movement
The movement is a confirmed Asian 2824 clone 25J at 28800 vph. I brought the watch to a watch smith to check the waterproofness and to maybe get it serviced. First off it took him around a minute to realise that it wasn't a Sellita SW200 movement (apparently the shape of a screw was the tell). He's been in the industry for almost 40 years and was quite fascinated of how well it looked. No need to service according to him.

So was it waterproof? Hell yeah. He tested it to 10 bar (90m) and the watch handled it like a boss.
It was running almost 10 s/d too fast out of the box so he tuned it down a little bit. Haven't measured it yet.

Another thing I find interesting is that the watch was running when I took it out of the parcel upon receiving it, unlike the CrPO in the same parcel that had ran out of power. Since I'm noob I don't know if this is common or not.

Caseback

When I received the QC pics the caseback had lots of black stains around the markings. I told the guys at PT and they cleaned most of it off. You can still tell on the C in Geramic. It looks like a G which I think is funny so I don't mind.

Bezel
I don't know what to say, I tried a couple of Omegas in a store before I bought this baby and I can't tell a difference quality wise. It shines beautifully. It has a bit more resistance when you turn it compared to the CrPO. The pearl also seem well-centered and it aligns well with the dial.

Dial
Sweet mother of Jesus... When you wear it outside under a blue sky the dial turns more blueish and it looks so damn gorgeous. You could also use it as a mirror in the right light. Yes, you can tell that the "swiss" marking in the bottom of the dial is not very aligned, but who reads that anyway?
The second hand is indeed as orange as an orange but absolutely no deal-breaker for me.

Clasp & strap
The strap looks a lot better than I thought it would! When I ordered I thought I'd throw it away and wear the watch on the SS bracelet that was included. Turns out it's awesome and I didn't even receive the extra SS bracelet from PT so I'm working on getting them to send it out to me. Well, first I have to get them to answer my emails/tickets.
The clasp clicks in place nicely although it leaves a tiny gap. After I took the picture I bent it a little bit and now that gap is inexistent. Easy fix.

There we go! My first review finished! Did I miss anything? If you guys have any questions I'll happily answer them as well as I can. Unfortunately I get an error when I try to upload pictures. I will figure it out later today!

Lastly I would like to thank you all for such a great forum that helped me make my first purchase and I'm quite proud of myself because I think I did what you veterans want us noobs to do and not just post "which has most genlike blabla perfection best watch no flaws blabla plz help".

Cheers! :D

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Pictures mang pictures.

Congrats and enjoy it!

I asked about one yesterday from two dealers and both said no stock.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

pclemens

Horology Curious
19/5/15
Pictures!!!
mE6PLxo.jpg

I3apfbU.jpg

8axSGN1.jpg

LWxYL6d.jpg

d4v3

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
20/3/13
I got my lmpo at a m2m sale (first batch), i wasnt particularly interested in this rep but as soon as i had it in my hands, I instantly had that wow feeling, I its truly and amazing rep to own and gen version are not that expensive either, I absolutely did fall in love at first sight and its a keeper for me, grab one while you can!

pclemens

Horology Curious
19/5/15
I got my lmpo at a m2m sale (first batch), i wasnt particularly interested in this rep but as soon as i had it in my hands, I instantly had that wow feeling, I its truly and amazing rep to own and gen version are not that expensive either, I absolutely did fall in love at first sight and its a keeper for me, grab one while you can!

Lucky you, I heard the first batch was even better! I looked online for the gen and the lowest I could find it for was $5650. Sir, you must be living a good life to think that it's "not that expensive". :lol:

ScienceGuy

31/8/16
Great review mate - I still want MORE pictures though!! [emoji16]

You've picked up a great watch, congratulations - but I am extremely jealous to be honest!

Let us know if you get the bracelet too [emoji106]

pclemens

Horology Curious
19/5/15
Great review mate - I still want MORE pictures though!! [emoji16]

You've picked up a great watch, congratulations - but I am extremely jealous to be honest!

Let us know if you get the bracelet too [emoji106]

That warms my heart sir, thank you! :D
Unfortunately my brother flew to Australia earlier today with my brand new camera so I won't be able to take any good pictures for three more weeks. :/ All I have is a 10 year old DSLR which is a pain in the arse to handle.

I just received an email from the tracking department at PT saying: "Can you tell me why there should be extra bracelet included in the package?"
I believe this is going to take a while...

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
That warms my heart sir, thank you! :D

I just received an email from the tracking department at PT saying: "Can you tell me why there should be extra bracelet included in the package?"
I believe this is going to take a while...
Because it comes either with ss bracelet or on leather. And you got one on leather. It diesnt come with both

Lagunax

I'm Pretty Popular
18/4/15
CONUS
I concur with this review. I received my V3 from Lucy. From what I understand, you don't even have to remove the second hand to paint the tip red. Others have just put a 3x5 index card under it and used a red sharpie or red model/hobby paint.

pclemens

Horology Curious
19/5/15
Because it comes either with ss bracelet or on leather. And you got one on leather. It diesnt come with both

That's not what I was told by Marie in the PureTime sales dept.
"
Hi Petter,
1. http://puretime03.com/omega-seamast...mited-edition-1948-1-1-noob-best-edition.html
This watch is still in stock and it comes with free SS bracelet. :)
"

Also Lucy mentioned in a post here that it does come with both, check the fifth paragraph. [link to post]

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
That's not what I was told by Marie in the PureTime sales dept.
"
Hi Petter,
1. http://puretime03.com/omega-seamast...mited-edition-1948-1-1-noob-best-edition.html
This watch is still in stock and it comes with free SS bracelet. :)
"

Also Lucy mentioned in a post here that it does come with both, check the fifth paragraph. [link to post]
Ok well hopefully they honor that fir you. I was told by td yesterday it comes with one or the other, but it's out if stock.

pclemens

Horology Curious
19/5/15
@ScienceGuy @Maron @Lagunax
Interestingly enough the tracking(?) dept. at PT emailed me today and told me that they would be sending the SS bracelet as it's now back in stock. Expecting QC pictures in the next coming days. They probably won't send me something that isn't ment for the watch like a CrPO bracelet that would be slightly off. But if that would be the case, is there anything in particular that I should look out for? Because I've never reviewed QC pics of a single bracelet before...

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
@ScienceGuy @Maron @Lagunax
Interestingly enough the tracking(?) dept. at PT emailed me today and told me that they would be sending the SS bracelet as it's now back in stock. Expecting QC pictures in the next coming days. They probably won't send me something that isn't ment for the watch like a CrPO bracelet that would be slightly off. But if that would be the case, is there anything in particular that I should look out for? Because I've never reviewed QC pics of a single bracelet before...
Just make sure it's an lmpo bracelet. It has pins. Maybe ask someone what their clasp codes are who just got one

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

pclemens

Horology Curious
19/5/15
Just make sure it's an lmpo bracelet. It has pins. Maybe ask someone what their clasp codes are who just got one

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Alright, I think I found it amongst the pictures of the watch at their website. These are the codes you're talking about, right?
omg2016120501-11.jpg

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Alright, I think I found it amongst the pictures of the watch at their website. These are the codes you're talking about, right?
omg2016120501-11.jpg

yes. there are also code on the sel I believe. To be honest I think it's highly unlikely you'll get the wrong one. I think the lmpo brancelet is the only planet ocean bracelet with pins and tubes

gooseman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/11/16
correct most TD's will include free ss bracelet, mine though is the other way around, watch came with the bracelet attached and a free leather strap..

optimums48

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/6/16
I concur with this review. I received my V3 from Lucy. From what I understand, you don't even have to remove the second hand to paint the tip red. Others have just put a 3x5 index card under it and used a red sharpie or red model/hobby paint.
Do you have a link to a tutorial for this. I would like to give it a try but am abit nervous without instructions.