• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of the month: July 2014 | Ceramic SMP 300M Chrono Diver from Puretime

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Review Of The Month Project, July 2014

Omega Ceramic SMP 300M Chrono Diver from Puretime

Well before we start with the details, i have to thank our Trusted Dealer PureTime Watches International for participating in this project of course and for sending me this watch to make a review of it!

So far i haven't seen a decent review of it, and from the pics it didn't look that good. Well its not... A lot of work is needed as this one to be considered as a good rep. The good thing is that i don't think this is impossible as its not that a hard model to be reped. Straight to the details!

The dial is ok. Lume markers are good, hands are good, subdials have that homocentrical pattern, tachy ring is ok too and also lettering is spot on. The only thing its not ok is the date wheel. Gen has a more bold font. Pretty obvious tell... Lume effect also is kind of weak.

The bezel isn't perfect. There is something i don't like about the bezel... Numbers are not that crisp, they are closer at the end of the insert and the pearl is bad comparing it to the pearls we have seen lately. The good thing is we don't have any more wobbling, bezel clicks and rotates perfect.

Crown is nice although crown guards should have been bigger. You can a lot more crown in the rep while gen crown guards hide a big part of the crown. The silver part at the end of the pushers should have been bigger also. HE valve is of the new style! While they got the size, place and inscription correct, the paint job isn't that good as half of that has already gone.

Crystal isn't as good as the ones we have seen on the other omega models. A lot better than the old SMP crystal which had a huge reflection it still needs work as there is some reflection still at certain angles.

Bracelet is very good, nice finishing, comfortable to wear, no stucking links, no end link gaps, nice clasp.

Back isn't perfect either. Nice engravings and counterfeit logo but no serial number on the case!

As usual watch will stay with me for a couple of days, so if you have any questions, just shoot.

Enough with the words, lets see some photos now!

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
Thanks PAP...always a pleasure checking out your reviews! (pics awesome as usual)

locoandroid

18/10/12
Great review and awesome pics, could u confirm that the helium valve wordings are fainted or missing the ink?

MBevans

Known Member
20/12/12
Wow, considering the details you see, most of us, honestly can live with. I've been waiting patiently for this version for quite some time.
The date wheel kind of bugs me, blatant visual for me.
But this watch has held a soft spot in me for a long time...

Thank you kindly Mr. Pap!

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Fair and detailed review Mr.pap, thanks for sharing. :)
A few details could be improved, but it's a great looking watch!

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
overall, its very well repped.
the date font is a little tell but you wouldnt notice unless it was pointed out or sitting next to a gen.
everything else with this watch is perfect.

7753 movements are supposed to be better than the 7750.
seems like it would be a good reliable movement.
may have to go on my want list.

sooo do you get to keep the review watches? or do you send them back?

sell it to me :D

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Thank you guys for your nice comments!

sooo do you get to keep the review watches? or do you send them back?

I wish buddy :lol: Watches are returned to the dealers. Some of them (including this one) will be sold in discount prices from the dealers.

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Does the A7753 still suffer from the wobbly seconds hand @3? Like it moves slightly when you turn the watch certain angles?

Steven

Renowned Member
17/10/12
Thanks for the review. I think the end-links and bracelet are a mess for this price range.

pearl

29/4/13
Thanks looks great to me. I ordered a black and yellow the other day and am anxiously awaiting QC pics

37c5ac1dc44f285b08a85feb8e207e4c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pearl

29/4/13
I have had mine for about a week now. I really like it. Very nice rep. Almost perfect aside from the date font. Works well too. More than happy.

6b7063594475b00a2a678b98a5479025.jpg

88c528f62a8941d870933cbd73f7b20a.jpg

98051cb1667e12d11a11fe8890c8f07a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pauly404

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/14
Great review. I'm thinking about the non-chrono version. Is this the same quality as the chrono version reviewed here?

dpats

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/9/15
Another great review.
nice watch.
will wait for a better version, maybe by noob.