• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rules to choose a Milgauss rep (pics)

ayubgantz

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/9/12
Seconds hand issue is related to the movement. Asian ETA clone is the option to go for.

nlnlnlnene

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/10
ah so just dont buy the 21j?

i just bought a seadweller with 21j and it seems to have this stuttering movement... very annoying.
might have to get rid of it.

ayubgantz

Banned
1/9/12
Yup. The milgauss seconds hand is heavier than other watches so based on what I've read it's a complete no go if you want smooth seconds hand.

teamio77

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/8/12
a noob question here, is it possible to swap the 21J movement and replace it with a more powerful sweeping movement?

Fil25t

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/10/12
I'm actually searching fot THIS Milgauss rep.

1.jpg

Wich do you think is the dealer (or dealers) with deliver BEST quality rep watches?
I red reviews and expericens about many TD and i'm so confused.

I'm also confused about water resistence. Puretime says their Milgauss PVD are 50mt waterproof but it's the 1st time i hear about a "waterproof" rep. I always tought you can't have much than a shower with a rep watch.

carlton

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/10/11
Dealers almost get the same watches that other TD can, so just choose the TD that you like to deal with, send them a mail with a picture of this watch attach and they will let you know whether it is available or not.

As for the water proof/watch resistant stated on dealer website, it is the same as they stated 1:1 rep, it is more of a sales technique so don't take it too seriously until you have the watch tested by a watch technician regarding the WR.

ayubgantz

Banned
1/9/12
Yes, definitely don't let any water get near it until it's been tested/sealed.

Unfortunately, as Rolex is the only company that has control over the factory that produces the green crystals, the reps aren't really close to gen so it's best to purchase the blackdial without green crystal. Just my 2 cents

watchwatchwatch12345

23/11/12

FlyingGorilla

Horology Curious
23/11/12
I'm also wondering the same. I've read so much, but still am lost on where/what to buy.

I like the green crystal, but if it still hasn't been mastered and looks fake, I'd prefer it to be without.

watchwatchwatch12345

23/11/12
hihi. i don't know if these are actually the same or not. but the pricing is indeed tempting!

any experts willing to compare and let us know? :)

thanks in advance!

sid_008

Looking Around
12/9/13
Bumping an old thread here.

Hey guys, new to the world of replica watches. Had saved up a bit to buy a Vostok, but spending some time on google decided to opt for a replica.

I want to get a black Milgauss 116400. However, found that the following two movements:

1) Asian 2836 - http://puretime.co/product/milgauss-116400-gv-pro-hunter-edition/

2) Japanese Miyota - http://www.perfectwatches.hk/rolex-milgauss-pro-hunter-tinted-green-saphire-black-dial.html

The price difference between the two is around $60. Wanted to know which would be a better choice ?

Would appreciate some help choosing between the two.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Since the second one is not a trusted dealer there's only one option. Have you read through the milgauss sticky at the top of the rolex section? Plenty of good information and threads there.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

sid_008

Looking Around
12/9/13
Since the second one is not a trusted dealer there's only one option. Have you read through the milgauss sticky at the top of the rolex section? Plenty of good information and threads there.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Thanks a lot for the replies ! Appreciate the help. @Bonesey, I didn't spot the Milgauss sticky thread. I missed it as I just read the Explorer bit. Quite a helpful thread. @ALE, thanks for the link mate.

Pumper

3/1/13
Bumping an old thread here.

Hey guys, new to the world of replica watches. Had saved up a bit to buy a Vostok, but spending some time on google decided to opt for a replica.

I want to get a black Milgauss 116400. However, found that the following two movements:

1) Asian 2836 - http://puretime.co/product/milgauss-116400-gv-pro-hunter-edition/

2) Japanese Miyota - http://www.perfectwatches.hk/rolex-milgauss-pro-hunter-tinted-green-saphire-black-dial.html

The price difference between the two is around $60. Wanted to know which would be a better choice ?

Would appreciate some help choosing between the two.

I would go for the 2836.

bgreg

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/12
Florida
Sid always choose a TD as your dealer and always choose 2836 over quartz....

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2