• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Australian watchmaker, rep friendly!

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Oh btw Peterpl they mentioned if I know you! So you know them by a first name basis?

Yeah I know the owner Ken pretty good now cause I've used them quite a few times now. Came to realise with Chrono's probably not the best to use them. Normal ETA 2826/2836 etc they are ok and will do most things fine.

Lt.Timewalker

Horology Curious
21/1/15
Yeah I know the owner Ken pretty good now cause I've used them quite a few times now. Came to realise with Chrono's probably not the best to use them. Normal ETA 2826/2836 etc they are ok and will do most things fine.

Agreed. I found out the hard way. Today I just noticed that my date wheel was not working, off I go to Blacktown again this weekend :(

sanriopurin

Horology Curious
30/3/14
Hi people, I'm shopping around for a service place as well around Sydney. I need to service a 2824 movement and a PTS Chinese movement.

Any update on the Blacktown place? So far that seems to be the 'best bet'... not too far from where I live is a bonus too.

sanriopurin

Horology Curious
30/3/14
Follow up to the post above, I'd share my experience with the place at Blacktown. In short: never ever again.

"Disgusted" and "angry" don't even begin to describe my dealing with them. I won't go into details but it boils down to this: brought a watch with faulty second time zone (the rest is fine) to be fixed. They were unable to fix it, gave it back to me with the power reserve needle pointing the wrong way. I complaint about it, and a few days later the watch came back with some faulty winding mechanism and power reserve needle pointing the right way but totally not working.

Basically the watch came back much worse off than when it entered their workshop. It's the most aggravating service experience I've had to endure in my life (the long story is long, this is the short version).

Lt.Timewalker

Horology Curious
21/1/15
I've got more to add about Watch Express in Blacktown, my Top Gun stopped moving 2 weeks after a service so I had to take it back for like the 8th time. One week later they say its ready but wont tell me what the timing is over the phone. When I pick up the watch in person I found that the hands have been "painted over" with what looks like a black permanent marker that shines out against the original MATT black finish! There was also 3 large pieces of dirt and debris on the dial. The timing was way off, the 2nd time i took it back to them they had the timing withing 7s/day, but this time the timegrapher was jumping all over the place around 30s/day and Ken's just shrugs it off and says "its the best he can do". The date wheel is also not ticking over. I got a full refund but the watch is much worse off than before.

I am also disgusted with the experience and will not go anywhere near that place again, I'm gonna try to DIY re-paint my watch hands, clean the dial and do a movement swap and I believe I can do a better job than these dodgey ppl.

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Damn didnt know Watch Express did that bad of a job. I havent used them for a while so Im not sure but the PAM088 they fixed for me still works great today. Also the PAM312 works perfectly too. Those are non chrono's though.

I wont take chronos there at all. No way as I think they are not very good at 7750 based movements.

Spherix

Looking Around
25/8/13
Dropped my AP diver ceramic/titanium on the carpet and the movement stopped on impact
Looking for someone Melbourne or somewhere I can send it on East Coast of Australia who is reliable and will send back...any help appreciated

airtime

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/8/11
I recently used marrickville here in Sydney to service a Noob Omega CrPO with Asian 2836-2 clone. Marrickville's service was great at all levels:
* clear, prompt and frequent communications including images of the work in progress and issues found
* able to start the work quickly
* fast turn-a-round of 1 week and that included several days of monitoring the movement's performance after rebuild
* excellent workmanship; no scratches anywhere, no dust in dial, everything immaculate
* the movement had some challenging issues which marrickville dealt with by replacing damaged parts with parts held in stock (no delay)
* work came with a 12 month warranty

Overall I couldn't be happier with the marrickville's work. Highly recommended professional watchsmith based in Sydney.

Maraach

24/8/15
Hey guys,

Looking for a watchsmith in Australia (preferably Sydney) to regulate and service a non chrono A7750 (PAM rep). Reading through this thread it seems that most recommendations are later discredited for watch damage, carelessness etc.

Is there anyone who is currently highly recommended who could work on said watch? Unfortunately Marrickville doesnt do the A7750 movements.

villemus

22/2/11
Hi All,

Just want to write a quick feed back about my recent transaction with marrickville

Prompt service / reasonable price / and excellent work!

Very smooth transaction! so if anyone needs rep fixed in Sydney, give him a buzz

cheers
W

pasquale.cabiddu

Horology Curious
5/7/15
Anyone no of a good rep repairer in brisbane? Live in the spring hill cheers.

Sent from my SM-P350 using Tapatalk

antman1115

Known Member
18/7/13
Anyone on the Gold Coast that will replace dials and casebacks? (could do it myself but pulling 70 hour work weeks leave little time for hobbies)

arthuro

31/12/14
I just had marrickville service my 2 Pams. Nice guy. Great service. Progress qc photos by sms. Thoroughly recommended.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

henrychinaski

19/2/15
For all Melbournians!

Pretty sure Stewart Dawson is rep friendly - I have spoken to him about waterproofing a rep over the phone and he seemed fine about it. I haven't has any work done as yet but have heard from the guys over the road that he's ok and rep friendly.

Stewart Dawson
52 Station Street
Moorabbin 3189

(03) 9555 2116

ihs0yz

14/12/15
Malaysia
Also looking for somewhere to service my non chrono A7750 (PAM rep). Hopefully with a fast turnaround as I'm only visiting Australia. Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Adelaide, Perth are all good.