• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How To Find A Local Watchsmith

velleda

Horology Curious
24/6/19
Does anyone know any WS in Barcelona (Spain)? PM me please
Many thanks

bigbug303

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/7/19
Hi.

In Denver area. Does anyone know a good WS.
Please help.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dutchy12

Horology Curious
1/1/19
Does anyone know a WS somewhere close to the Netherlands (maybe Belgium or Germany)i would like to change the movement and glass of my arf datejust.

please PM me i am really in need of one

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Alex1219

Horology Curious
29/7/19
hello everybody, any watch repair shop I can use for my rep. in Northern NJ or by Newark Airport? thank you

bartez80

23/8/19
FL/US
My signature line is too long, so I decided to just post this as a thread.

To find a local watch smith, look in your local telephone directory for watch and/or clock repair. Most small watch smith shops will be mom-and-pop businesses and will have little or no presence on the net. Do NOT try any ADs (new watch dealers) or large chain jewelry stores.

Call them and tell them you have a watch that is a replica and uses a Chinese movement that, to your understanding, is a clone of an ETA movement. Tell them you know the watch isn't worth anything, but it was a gift and has sentimental value. Tell them that you were just wondering if they could look at it and SEE if they can service it. Let them know that you will NOT HOLD THEM RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY if the movement breaks while they are inspecting or servicing it, and that you will pay them for their time even if this happens. (Most are afraid of Chinese clone movements because they know nothing of them and are afraid that they are so cheaply made that even examining them will break them, and then they would be responsible to repair or replace the movement). You may have to call several before one agrees.

Once they see the movement, you'll have no problems. Develop a relationship by talking with them about watches and movements, asking how they got started in this, etc. Do NOT ask if they would be willing to work on other reps for you - this will scare them (if they don't yet know and trust you) that you are somehow going to get them involved in something illegal. If you have other reps, bring one in a few weeks later, etc. After you develop the relationship, you will have no problems.

Good luck!

hi everyone im looking some trusted watchsmith in floryda east coast ( st lucie county ) any help ?? thanks

PecMan

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/09
Guys. Being searching around the forum for a
watchsmith located in Florida my location is MIAMI
THANKS A LOT

Tr0cadero

Horology Curious
29/11/16
Any watchsmith in Stockholm, Sweden or northern Europe? I dont mind posting the watch if there is no watchsmith near Stockholm.

Reactions: WatchFreak!

brantzim

10/8/19
Looking for someone that can repair my AP. Crown came out while I was setting the time. Located in CONUS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RUPennybags

15/8/19
USA
I'm in North DFW area. I was curious if you were able to find someone? Just getting into the rep game. It would be nice to know if I can get service locally. Posting here so others can find the info. Feel free to PM me and/or share you experience. Thanks

Someone posted a guy in Dallas/Plano area. Search this thread and you will find the info

Reactions: Chronofrigger