• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Your headphones?

malevolent

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/1/15
Which pair of headphones do you guys use?

I use the Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI.

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
AKG K545. I love them, good value for the price (was a special offer 99 euros shipping included). I had K701 previously and for me, these new ones are better.

malevolent

Banned
19/1/15
AKG K545. I love them, good value for the price (was a special offer 99 euros shipping included). I had K701 previously and for me, these new ones are better.

Nice man, I've heard good things about AKG. I have mainly owned Beyerdynamic and Final Audio Design though.

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
Nice man, I've heard good things about AKG. I have mainly owned Beyerdynamic and Final Audio Design though.

I was torn between Beyerdynamic DT770, Sennheiser HD598 and AKG 550/545. All of them must be good enough for normal listeners but this time AKG price was the best. K701 that I had previously were lacking a bit bass but these K545 have enough of it too.

What about amplifiers? I don't have it yet but thinking of getting this one, seems to be good for the money:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...ier-Gold-Black-Silver/1162442_1694739396.html

Any others?

malevolent

Banned
19/1/15
The DT series was great. I owned an 880 and currently own a retired 990 Premium 600ohm.

My current set never stops amazing me...

zocker4711

Banned
18/3/13
Headphones are always difficult to choose ;) there are many Headphones that have + and -

I Personally have 8x Headphones around... I buyed longtime every 2nd year an new one...

I use them in the Studio... So my own Favourit is the AKG240 but this is no good Headphone for mixing...
But it is an really good Headphone for the all day things and for the Singers.
It's very Comfotable and the Sound is round.

The AKG701 I use for Classical Music mixes or Instruments.
But for me all Headphones don't beat an good Monitoring System in the Studio...

So I have AKG, Bayerdynamics, KRK, senheiser, Shure and a few others. All are ok... You must choose what you wanna spend... There are Prices ranges from 99,-Eu till 990.-Eu ;)

If I compare with my Studio Monitors I must say no Headphone can replace them...

As Monitor I use Genelec, Yamaha and KRK but this is another thematic ;)

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
Grado. Any Grado ! I have had them all. The only word I can describe about them [used with a good tube amp and source] is ALIVE !! ......... They are the only ones that give me goose pimples aside from a multi buck electrostatic. .............. and yes, I have been an audiophile for over 40 years. This old foghorn still rocks! :dancing: .... Ha ha !!

malevolent

Banned
19/1/15
Headphones are always difficult to choose ;) there are many Headphones that have + and -

I Personally have 8x Headphones around... I buyed longtime every 2nd year an new one...

I use them in the Studio... So my own Favourit is the AKG240 but this is no good Headphone for mixing...
But it is an really good Headphone for the all day things and for the Singers.
It's very Comfotable and the Sound is round.

The AKG701 I use for Classical Music mixes or Instruments.
But for me all Headphones don't beat an good Monitoring System in the Studio...

So I have AKG, Bayerdynamics, KRK, senheiser, Shure and a few others. All are ok... You must choose what you wanna spend... There are Prices ranges from 99,-Eu till 990.-Eu ;)

If I compare with my Studio Monitors I must say no Headphone can replace them...

As Monitor I use Genelec, Yamaha and KRK but this is another thematic ;)

I really need to grab some monitors.
I have decent Logitech speakers right now, but nothing remotely special.

Jaymelia

Known Member
10/11/14
Professionally, Sennheiser HD-25s... Apple when im off the clock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Headphones are personal choice, it depend on what you listen to and how you like to hear it. The only hard and fast rule should be that Beats are a marketing gimmick with poor sound but lots of it.

I use a pair of 35 year old Pioneer SE-2s made back when Pioneer still made quality product. I did look at a pair of Bose cordless yesterday that impressed the hell outa me but I'm not shelling out 300 bucks for a new set of 'phones right now.

Grumpygeek

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/2/15
I'm no audiophile, but I do listen to a wide range of music and quality vs price is always an internal battle. I don't mind spending enough to get something half-decent, but I'm never going to spend a fortune as I rather suspect that I just wouldn't get the benefit of the subtleties in performance.

It very much depends on where I am and what I want to listen to. If I'm on the move, pretty much nothing is going to give me pure sound - I've spent a lot of time travelling in planes, trains and automobiles over the last 20 years or so, and for my money a decent pair of Shure in-ear plugs are reasonable, and more importantly robust. At work, I need closed phones so as to not upset everyone around me, so use Sennheisers (can't remember the model, sorry), playing digital music from my laptop - a pair of Marshall cans, and for listening to hi def music in a quiet room with the lights off when I want to get lost in it all - a pair of Bowers & Wilkins P7's.

Not much love for the BOSE phones to be honest - I always found them a bit bass-heavy, and a bit 'muddled' at times ... but that's just me, and YMMV.

malevolent

Banned
19/1/15
Interesting to see some of your thoughts on how you choose your headphones, etc.

AGL

Renowned Member
7/6/11
I have some Beats Pro that I use when working in public places, or sometimes when I'm on long journeys if my bags have space. At home, I have proper speakers.

I do need to pick up some In-Ear headphones for the gym and travelling around London on the tube.

malevolent

Banned
19/1/15
Beats Pro usually when working or travelling. I need to get me some in ears for the gym and travelling around London.

I would consider the Bose QC 20.

J1978

4/5/15
Ultimate Ears 900 for iem's
And Beyerdynamics DT 770 -80ohm.

mstjulien

26/4/12
I have been thinking about getting the HD 800's what do you think of them so far and are the comfortable?

Danii

I'm Pretty Popular
16/12/15
I personally use Sennheiser HD 598's. Been using them for about a month, absolutely no complaints so far! (Upgraded from M40x's)