• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Jaeger Reverso Duoface

lrnz

27/1/17
EU
I want to order this so badly, but I worry if the movement is something a typical watchmaker is capable of servicing, and if sourcing replacement parts will be difficult...

That's something I ask myself every time before buying, I don't think it is easy to repair though, I will check

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I want to order this so badly, but I worry if the movement is something a typical watchmaker is capable of servicing, and if sourcing replacement parts will be difficult...

Most certainly hard to get replacements parts as it seems to be a totally custom movement, but without having it opened, it's hard to tell how they did it, they could have taken known existing movement and sandwiched them together, that would make some replacement parts available

JT888

17/6/15
Canada
In the video on trusty time posted previously, it looks as though the person isn't using the sliding mechanism correctly. In every video I've seen of this watch on youtube, they slide the case first and then flip the case over to show the second dial. In the rep video, the person uses his/her nail to open the mechanics without sliding it and then flips it over. Is this possible on a gen? I've never held a gen Reverso or even seen a gen Reverso in person so just wondering if they weren't able to replicate the flipping mechanism correctly.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
In the video on trusty time posted previously, it looks as though the person isn't using the sliding mechanism correctly. In every video I've seen of this watch on youtube, they slide the case first and then flip the case over to show the second dial. In the rep video, the person uses his/her nail to open the mechanics without sliding it and then flips it over. Is this possible on a gen? I've never held a gen Reverso or even seen a gen Reverso in person so just wondering if they weren't able to replicate the flipping mechanism correctly.

As far as I know, the gen flip like the rep. The flipping mechanism is fairly simple on the gen too, it's just a hinge and a ball bearing lock

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Following this... and look forward to timnic54 posting his review. My next door neighbour has a small collection of gens, and the Reverso is the jewel in its crown. He's really sniffy about reps, so if this one is good it'd be quite nice to own one...

Reactions: timnic54

gribouille

Looking Around
18/4/20
Quand je regarde les videos avec soin sur TrustyTime,il me semble que sur la 2ème face, la petite seconde ne fonctionne jamais.

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Last edited:

gribouille

Looking Around
18/4/20
Sorry, I'm new to the forum and I thought someone who was interested in watchmaking necessarily spoke French.
I'm joking of course.;)
My remark concerning Duoface's replicas that I wish to share is When I watch the videos carefully on TrustyTime or on other cited sites, it seems to me that on the second side, the small second never works.

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
Sorry, I'm new to the forum and I thought someone who was interested in watchmaking necessarily spoke French.
I'm joking of course.;)
My remark concerning Duoface's replicas that I wish to share is When I watch the videos carefully on TrustyTime or on other cited sites, it seems to me that on the second side, the small second never works.

No problem l'ami and welcome here
BTW ... I'm French too

Envoyé de mon moto g(7) power en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: johnlogan

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Quand je regarde les videos avec soin sur TrustyTime,il me semble que sur la 2ème face, la petite seconde ne fonctionne jamais.

As said previously, it's indeed a 24h indicator, so it's normal that the little hand doesn't move on the videos :)

Puretime added these at the end of last year: https://puretimewatch.io/reverso-two...ap-quartz.html

Does anyone have some info/comments on them?

So far only this thread : https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...coultre-reverso-classic-small-seconds-duoface

Rayyan

Horology Curious
10/2/16
Already ordered more than two weeks. But until today did not get any QC pic yet.

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
My blue dial MGF has arrived. I will post a full review with photos tomorrow

Quick teaser

49813690451_44cd239a08_o.jpg

Reactions: Toreodor and Glaude

jovame

Known Member
29/3/12
Just received this Reverso Tribute Duoface (MGF Factory). My first watch that isn't round!
Love the grainy silver dial with the blue indices and hands.