• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Ultra Thin Moon (Moonphase) Gen Vs Rep (Note: Pics Heavy!)

dan89

Renowned Member
4/9/16
Hi all,

Made an effort to find comparison pics for this model while searching around some chinese sites. (Don't mind those watermarks lol, some people just like to use that as promotion and overdo it lol) I have uploaded to imgur for your convenience.

album here: https://imgur.com/a/qm1Id

olnFPMA.jpg

SPNnKMZ.jpg

NA99MqY.jpg

KIkBXfL.jpg

OXunoUe.jpg

gFC4h3a.jpg

KzqVACi.jpg

NnZAJxL.png

R9ozr32.png

J73Oy9D.png

MxIK7pl.png

FrGMwQy.png

qXMPCaq.png

7DMnGWI.jpg

ORk3p5K.jpg

xx6ItU5.jpg

pJHCwum.jpg

pucXDot.jpg

LNkNnYI.png

zoNlJaO.jpg

qripC5N.jpg

rvdFmpE.jpg

qYXVGKT.jpg

W6r8kBG.jpg

2dVw1dk.jpg

YTgvnGw.jpg

qWjCV8W.jpg

bw7Xjyd.jpg

IJULTXE.jpg

UF82VfS.jpg

NNhdzIm.png

3IReZvg.png

F9JI8bJ.png

dOVZ8ys.jpg

HmL7ZkW.jpg

Uaaydw1.jpg

VHaxjmN.jpg

5To6KVN.jpg

Reactions: C Master

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
Clap clap clap

Well done bro! Awesome!!!

12mm (rep) vs 8.5-9mm (gen) us pretty close!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
Still acceptable if Mai Haim laaa

thedoors55

Renowned Member
28/6/16
Except the thickness and the little flaws all around the moonphase, it's a good rep (to my untrained eye). Anyone sharing the same opinion?

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Very nice. I have the rep . I'm shocked that the rep weighs so much more than the gen. The rep feels very light and delicate to me. It may be because I'm used to wearing Panerai bricks a/k/a submersibles all the time. I like it. The strap sucked so I purchased a gen with curved spring bars off eBay.

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
Very nice. I have the rep . I'm shocked that the rep weighs so much more than the gen. The rep feels very light and delicate to me. It may be because I'm used to wearing Panerai bricks a/k/a submersibles all the time. I like it. The strap sucked so I purchased a gen with curved spring bars off eBay.

Hi tucker, thank you for the wrist shot! Gorgeously classic.

Before i pull the trigger on this, can u share how it sits on your wrist? Is it kinda too thick? How is the screw in crown? Is that what you mean by delicate?

Appreciate your reply, mate.

wanged

Known Member
7/3/16
Rep almost looks better quality than the gen lar. Too bad rotor colour is different

Saby

Renowned Member
24/12/15
Miyota is a very reliable movement, but the real question is...Does the moonphase still work as 24 hrs hand or is it an actual moonphase dial????

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
My TD told me it is a working moonphase.

Just that Miyota movement is abit audible. A dip of micro oil will do the trick.

dan89

Renowned Member
4/9/16
haha [MENTION=78901]jasonbaylee[/MENTION] are you still considering this?

Nouveau

Horology Curious
5/10/16
Nice pics and nice piece.
However if 30% more thickness is acceptable, a "working moon phase" with a Crescent moon is a joke. A $250 joke !

lovesRM

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
8/10/16
Beautiful watch. Moonphase seems to work, judging by the pictures in the initial post.
Would still ask the TD before ordering if it's working properly.

Will try to get my hands on one. Good timeless piece to add to the collection :whistling:

Nouveau

Horology Curious
5/10/16
It's only a "night and day", the kind of indication usefull if you live beyond the polar circle, in the International Space Station or if you are shut in a cave for months to perfom one of these scientific experiments which were popular decades ago. Normal people get this information through the window, but you can find it on fashion watches full of subdials. JlC would hardly sell such a cheap complication, marely a division by 2.