• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Contiunued Poor IWC ZF Quality

Goodwood

Known Member
30/1/11
So after going through the ZF Big Pilot Petite Prince hands coming loose, dents on the dial from the factory - I thought I was done with qc issues but now the poor quality strikes the Portuguese 5001 Blue. Had no problems with this watch and thought I skirted the poor qc but yesterday wore the watch for the first time in a while and a few hours later I saw that the marker above the 10 has fallen off the dial and is moving around the dial/case.

In addition, I found the day function on the ZF IWC Pilot Chronograph Blue 3777 has stopped working. I have quite a few watches so none of these ZF watches have had much use and yet all seem to develop qc problems.

I now appreciate sellers that reference ZF made in their selling descriptions as I will not buy another ZF watch period. They may make a nice looking watch but the luster wears off fast when you get the qc problems.

Goodwood

AP_VC

20/2/12
I agree, ZF has such crap quality on their PAM, IWC and Tudor watches, from my own experience...

Maxsky

6/3/12
Same for me here. My crown and stem came out when I tried to set up the time.

It was a brand new one and decided to wear it for the first time :(

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
I concurred with you guys. We should feedback to the TDs n "boycott" their products till reasonable efforts are enhanced in their manufacturing QC.

"There are more than 1 road to Rome...."

Iceman2401

23/3/12
I agree with you guys. My IWC 3777 stopped working only after 3 weeks. Crown and stem was damaged. Need to replace the movement now with a gen calibre 16. I think this was my last watch from ZF.

Iceman2401

23/3/12
I agree with you guys. My IWC 3777 stopped working only after 3 weeks. Crown and stem was damaged. Need to replace the movement now with a gen calibre 16. I think this was my last watch from ZF.

Iceman2401

23/3/12

DrGran

7/3/17
Ultima Thule
This Z factory 3777 10 just arrived from Trusty, strangely..ZF QC stickers all over the place ..we will see...anyhow bracelet looks top notch...are V6 and Z factory now one and the same?

Trusty IWC0339 sale description said V6 factory:

V6 Top Edition in SS Bracelet!
This is V2 Edition Special Upgrade!

Trysty_6_F_ZF_3777_10.jpg

garnier

Renowned Member
30/5/12
This Z factory 3777 10 just arrived from Trusty, strangely..ZF QC stickers all over the place ..we will see...anyhow bracelet looks top notch...are V6 and Z factory now one and the same?

More pics please!!. I'm interested in purchasing this same model

Reactions: SadProfessor

Variatio Delectat

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/13
Planet Earth
Full ack. ZF has an incredibly bad qc, I'd assume close to none at all. Just remember they don't even manage to get the hour markers assembled straight...

Lirik

Renowned Member
17/11/13
Yeah ZF has some issues they need to address. I've had two IWCs from them, one had dust on the dial and the date window on the other got stuck after a few weeks. Sent the watch to a watchmaker and he told me the movement was quite dirty inside and not assembled well at all - he told me the movement would probably have died in a few weeks.

I don't think I will ever order a watch from ZF again unless they up their game.
The YLF IWCs appear to be very similar to the ZF IWCs. Next IWC I order will probably be from YLF.

Babang

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/2/17
Yes it does. ZF has very good rep abilities, but their assembly quality is probably the worst of all makers. :(

Haha, I'm starting to doubting ZF now, I really thought I'll get less problem with ZF's product than the other makers.
Well, in process of buying the IW371482 from ZF.
Wish me luck guys!

Desmond20052000

21/3/17
That's sounds terrible as I'm into the 3714, hearing all these bad rep about the ZF I guess I should wait till someone review the YLF.

Goodwood

Known Member
30/1/11

I have the blue version with the day and date. The day quick set stopped working 7 days after receiving the watch. Will not purchase any more ZF product.

Goodwood

DrGran

7/3/17
Ultima Thule
I have the blue version with the day and date. The day quick set stopped working 7 days after receiving the watch. Will not purchase any more ZF product.

Goodwood

It turns out mine is actually a V6F after all according to Trusty. Trusty claims he just added the ZF QF stuff as they had these laying around, rep of a rep it seems. It is running well so far.........but we will see how well the day date holds up...I am worried

vicente28

Known Member
23/10/16

Goodwood
Just for curiosity , did you follow suggested instruction for set day/date ?