• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cartier Tank Solo Small Rep WSTA0030 Steel vs. Gen W5200025 Rose Gold K11 Factory from JTime

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
Here's my review of the Cartier Solo Steel Small WSTA0030 compared to my wife's Gen Rose Gold W5200025.

The gen retails for $3,150 CAD. This rep was purchased directly from Li jtimewatch and not listed on the Jtime website for $198 USD.

Unlike my Cartier Solo Large Rose Gold and Cartier Panthère, the factory this time is K11 instead of RG AF.

Li was kind enough to source me a Red Strap, which feels pretty much equivalent to her Gen's; it starts stiff, but then molds to your wrist. I was pleasantly surprised the strap included "quick release", just like the gen. I wish Cartier would do this with their upper end Rose Gold versions too.

l7ymt.jpg

l76en.jpg

The dial is pretty point on. The only tell, per say, is the Swiss Made is finer in gen, and so appears lighter. Slight differences exist in the "Cartier" logo, but you really got to look.

If you really want to nitpick, I think the top and bottom height of the case is a mm off from the gen. But, that might be a trick of the difference in metal colours.

l71P2.jpg

l7PmJ.jpg

The crown, gem and profile has no difference to my eye.

l78t3.jpg

l7rEs.jpg

l7BHY.jpg

The embossed printing on the face in person looks perfect. Even when put beside each other, I can't really see the difference.

l7l4k.jpg

l7Q1D.jpg

The back inscription (note I blurred parts of the serial) is very good, again, you'd need to compare to gen to notice any differences. You can also see the "quick release" in this picture.

lEDoF.jpg

Deployment Buckle is Tricky

This is not a rep challenge, it's design in general. There is a trick to putting on and adjusting the deployment buckle properly - make sure not to put it on backwards. Spend some time measuring to avoid creating unnecessary creases in your strap. My wife likes the look, but I'm not a fan myself.

This is such a nice watch, as a collector, I'll be getting the gen.

My Related Reviews,

Cartier Panthère
Cartier Solo Large Rose Gold

Last edited:

Robin.Hood

8/11/17
Great review again.

Small size Tank Solo RG from AF just arrived and cannot be happier.

Getting a gen strap and will make perfect!

Pic for Cartier trio
5dfe61b8ac2edba235095990f513daf6.jpg

Reactions: axel.gold

SKnight

8/7/19
axel.brass Great review mate, and those pictures are amazing. Always a treat to read.

Also, the strap looks really good, could you tell me how much paid for it?

Cheers

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
axel.brass Great review mate, and those pictures are amazing. Always a treat to read.

Also, the strap looks really good, could you tell me how much paid for it?

Cheers

Thanks for the kind words on the photos. I would hardly call myself a photographer, but trying to improve has been fun - and hearing others here appreciating them is motivational :).

I did not pay extra for the straps. Li (JTime) included it as a swap out with the default black.

Note, you’ll need to check with him if that offer stands - I happened to be buying 3 other watches + a Rolex steel strap too.

Last edited:

SKnight

8/7/19
Thanks for the kind words on the photos. I would hardly call myself a photographer, but trying to improve has been fun - and hearing others here appreciating them is motivational :).

I did not pay extra for the straps. Li (JTime) included it as a swap out with the default black.

Note, you’ll need to check with him if that offer stands - I happened to be buying 3 other watches + a Rolex steel strap too.

You should mate, I think there's editorial good.

I've also got a few on order, so I'll ask him.

Cheers

Also why'd you go for a K11 over a ZF??

Last edited:

TheKnight

16/11/18
real one is 31mm x 24.4mm x 5.55mm so i think the fake is same as in puretimes 28mm x 24.5mm x 5.5mm

so 3mm difference in height

Alex22

12/2/18
I'm not a great Cartier brand expert but I've seen them many times. I can't understand why it's not on some super rep or newbig list, it's really very similar to gen, what do you say? The quartz movement should also guarantee great reliability and not be afraid of any failures. I would like to take the model with the bracelet, what do you think?

farmersinsurance

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/10/19
Geneva, WA
I'm not a great Cartier brand expert but I've seen them many times. I can't understand why it's not on some super rep or newbig list, it's really very similar to gen, what do you say? The quartz movement should also guarantee great reliability and not be afraid of any failures. I would like to take the model with the bracelet, what do you think?

You may be right, some of these are deserving of those titles. But at least we (Cartier fans) know the truth, and have these pieces.

I say go for it! The model with the bracelet is a stunner

Alex22

12/2/18
but what imperfections does the model of k11 have? is the bracelet cheap or different to the touch?

flextime

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/3/20
Thanks for this review. I see from your earlier post that you also have an AF. How does the K11 compare? Trying to decide on which one

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
Glad people find this review useful. Here's answers to all questions so far,

Why K11 over a ZF?: SKnight I bought from Jtime because he was the first person who I encountered with WhatsApp and willing to sell me bracelets by themselves.

Confirmation of Measurements: TheKnight I took my callipers... boy it's a pain to measure without damaging the watch... especially my wife's Gen,
MeasurementRep (mm)Gen (mm)Gen per Website (mm)
Thickness5.565.445.55
Height23.6924.1824.4
Height Including Lugs30.9330.9331
Width24.4924.42
Lug Width17.5217.82

As you can see the measurement are a little different but quite close.

Should it be on super rep or newbig list?: Alex22 Good points, and I'll be submitting this review for consideration. There is a tell in the "Cartier" and the "Swiss Made" font (per picture below), but you need an eagle eye and hold beside a gen.

Otherwise, I did a photoshop overlay and it's pretty identical.

Note: I did not want to wreck the red bracelet so could not take exact images to overlay.

Leather Strap Quality: Alex22 Very surprised at how well the leather feels, looks and performs so close to gen. So far no issues.

Last edited:

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
Thanks for this review. I see from your earlier post that you also have an AF. How does the K11 compare? Trying to decide on which one

I recently got the Large Solo AF Rose Gold and the K11 in Steel. In terms of the dial, the exact same. However, there appears to be a slight difference btw the top and bottom metal frame. Maybe it's a trick of the eye, but the Steel seems a bit thicker....

There's something off with my account, so I'll message you directly some pictures to compare.

Last edited:

nicmend

Certified
24/3/18
thanks for all your reviews, simple, explanatory and always with good pictures!

From the last macro shots you posted, the gen dial does appear to have a sharper and finer font, but I believe it to be barely visibile by naked eye.

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
thanks for all your reviews, simple, explanatory and always with good pictures!

From the last macro shots you posted, the gen dial does appear to have a sharper and finer font, but I believe it to be barely visibile by naked eye.

Exactly. I went back through my shots. Though this shot has a slight pink tinge, it has both dials in focus and illustrates your point,

wJZS2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: nicmend

GlobetrotterBoy

24/3/17
Hi everyone
I can't seem to find the large 35mm Tank Solo AF RG anywhere. Can someone assist? Is it still being produced or discontinued?

Thanks in advance

PS. Great thread axel.gold