• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cartier Tank Solo W5200025 RG AF 1:1 Best Edition Review from InTime

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
Hi, I did not see a review for this yet so giving back to the community.

I purchased the Cartier Tank Solo W5200025 Large Model, 18k Pink Gold and Steel Quartz, Leather normally retails for $6,860 CAD from InTime RG AF 1:1 Best Edition. I think AF references the Factory?

My wife owns the smaller Gen Tank Solo W5200024 held up with it here,
Urchv.jpg

Bottom line, I was very impressed, especially on how spot on the watch looked held beside my wife's gen in terms of print, embossing and surprisingly Rose Gold colouring.

The leather strap also blew me away in replicating her gen - thin, stiff to start but then works-in molding to your wrist. The embossed alligator... feel and look is just the same as my wife's real alligator strap. To nit-pick the colour is slightly darker, but (shrug) that may actually be due to the models or it may vary (anybody care to comment?).

Quartz timing ... as expected is very accurate.

I know a Cartier Tank is not often viewed as manly or have horological significance, but maybe this Hoodinkee video review might change your mind.

I like my reps to be very accurate and in my opinion, the rep Cartier Solos are at the top of the list.

Last edited:

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
I've searched the forum with no results. If anyone knows if the Gen leather bracelet fits this Rep model please let me know.

Last edited:

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Nice side by side shot! Thank you.

More pictures are much appreciated! A piece that you don't see this often around here...

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
I'll do more pics next weekend during the day and try my new lightbox.

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
sk786 yes absolutely good entry number for first replica and accuracy to gen. I just ordered (as part of other items) the two steel equivalents (from Li of JTime) - smaller for my Sister as gift and one for me as weekend wear.

SKnight

8/7/19
axel.brass
I was just in the process of placing an order for a ZF 5227r patek when I came across your post...

This hobby is getting real expensive real fast.

Btw, which steel version did you end up getting? As in which factory?

Cheers

Reactions: Voo-doo

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
Just to clarify my review is btw the Rep. Cartier Large W5200025 versus the Gen Mini W5200024. Unfortunately neither my sister or mom want the rose gold mini, but I have a colleague who may be interested. If I get a hold of it, I'll do a like-for-like review.

Reactions: BIONONE

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
axel.brass
I was just in the process of placing an order for a ZF 5227r patek when I came across your post...

This hobby is getting real expensive real fast.

Btw, which steel version did you end up getting? As in which factory?

Cheers

Hi, for the Steel version it's on order but this time with Li from jTime. I checked with Li and the Factory is K11.

SKnight

8/7/19
axel.brass cheers mate.

beautiful rep, beautiful gen.

I've been looking for a rose gold dressier watch, and I'd settled on the 5227r, but I think I I'm going to have to add this to my order.

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
Hi, I did not see a review for this yet so giving back to the community.

I purchased the Cartier Tank Solo W5200025 Large Model, 18k Pink Gold and Steel Quartz, Leather normally retails for $6,860 CAD from InTime RG AF 1:1 Best Edition. I think AF references the Factory?

My wife owns the smaller Gen Tank Solo W5200024 held up with it here,
Urchv.jpg

Bottom line, I was very impressed, especially on how spot on the watch looked held beside my wife's gen in terms of print, embossing and surprisingly Rose Gold colouring.

The leather strap also blew me away in replicating her gen - thin, stiff to start but then works-in molding to your wrist. The embossed alligator... feel and look is just the same as my wife's real alligator strap. To nit-pick the colour is slightly darker, but (shrug) that may actually be due to the models or it may vary (anybody care to comment?).

Quartz timing ... as expected is very accurate.

I know a Cartier Tank is not often viewed as manly or have horological significance, but maybe this Hoodinkee video review might change your mind.

I like my reps to be very accurate and in my opinion, the rep Cartier Solos are at the top of the list.

I'll add one more point to the review. The colour of the bracelet leather is off being browner. Notice in the photo, my wife's smaller gen has a more reddish tone.

Went to the Cartier store today. The Gen W5200025 has the same reddish tone. Funny enough, I like the less reddish tone and this is going to stop me from buying the Gen strap.

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
Wow that’s amazing! would you please do a review on the panthere as well??

I certainly can do that, but have no comparison to the gen. Things are a bit busy so I'll do a review in about a month from now.

SKnight

8/7/19
axel.brass Hey mate,
I'm actually going to pull the trigger on this model right after the CNY which ends in s few days.

I'm actually thinking of adding a Panthere to my order for my fiance.

If you could give me your feedback in a few words id really appreciate it. Also can you confirm which factory it's from??

Cheers

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
axel.brass Hey mate,
I'm actually going to pull the trigger on this model right after the CNY which ends in s few days.

I'm actually thinking of adding a Panthere to my order for my fiance.

If you could give me your feedback in a few words id really appreciate it. Also can you confirm which factory it's from??

Cheers

Congrats on moving towards married life!

I asked my wife and she loves the watch. In fact, she pretty much snubbed the idea of wearing a replica until she tried this on her Panthere.

Make sure your fiance sizes it a little loose as it's supposed to be worn more like a bracelet.

In terms of how close to gen... frankly the watch face is so small that even if there were defects you can't tell. I've never compared directly to Gen, but wife recalled trying on Gen and she felt her Rep feels and looks the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: vincentvegaxx