• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cartier Panthère (Panther) Steel Quartz Mini WSPN0006 Ladies Review from InTime

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
Per request from the Cartier Tank Solo review, I purchased the Cartier Panthère (Panther) Steel Quartz Mini (25mm x 21mm) WSPN0006 from InTime for $228 USD for my wife. The watch normally retails for $4,750 CAD and built by factory 8848F.

The watch is very very small and according to my wife, should be sized to wear loose like a bracelet shown below.

Note, my wife is a watch enthusiast herself, with a very discerning eye... and she is impressed with the watch! I would strongly recommend this watch or the smaller Cartier Tank Solo for Valentines, your girl's birthday or for Mother's day. This watch is going to my Mom who does not wear watches to get her into the hobby.

We don't have a gen to compare against, but I recall seeing it in the store and feels it felt the same. Quartz timing as expected is very accurate.

Though my wife prefers mechanical, she's happy with quartz here. In her opinion, quartz allows the Panthère to be super thin to allow the watch to be worn more like jewelry. This was also a great way to test out the watch as I'll be surprising my wife with the gen for Valentines.

courtney-eaton-for-panthere-de-cartier-2017-campaign_15.jpg

Courtney Eaton from the Panthere 2017 Campaign

qe49L.jpg

Last edited:

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Again - very nice short review. The pictures are indeed pretty neat. But the watch is too ;)

didn‘t know that the panthere looks this small even on a woman’s wrist. Like you said it is obviously meant tobe more jewelry than a watch in general.

Decent - even if there are inaccuracies compared to the gen - which i‘m not aware of - this watch looks well finished and so small compared to a 42mm offshore were the tells jump right into your face ;)

thanks for your time!

Reactions: axel.gold

Robin.Hood

8/11/17
Thanks for the great introduction to women's selections.I (and my wife) have been waited :)

She can't make up her mind between SS and RG.

Will post an update!

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
I’m glad your wife is an enthusiast and gave you such clear remarks for us all. If only all our significant others would be the same!

Great review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
Thanks for the great introduction to women's selections.I (and my wife) have been waited :)

She can't make up her mind between SS and RG.

Will post an update!

Actually our first choice was the Rose Gold, but at the time I was not sure if the gold plating would be authentic looking. However, the Cartier Rose Gold Solo is spot on. Keep in mind that there is also a huge retail price difference on the gens,

Mini Steel = $4,750
Mini Rose Gold = $25,400

So knowing what I know now, I would suggest you get the Mini Rose Gold. More unlikely for other women to be wearing. Or for the price of the reps, save on shipping and buy both!

Whatever you pick, let us know!

Reactions: princessbravestrong

Robin.Hood

8/11/17
Actually our first choice was the Rose Gold, but at the time I was not sure if the gold plating would be authentic looking. However, the Cartier Rose Gold Solo is spot on. Keep in mind that there is also a huge retail price difference on the gens,

Mini Steel = $4,750
Mini Rose Gold = $25,400

So knowing what I know now, I would suggest you get the Mini Rose Gold. More unlikely for other women to be wearing. Or for the price of the reps, save on shipping and buy both!

Whatever you pick, let us know!
Yes. Based on your Gen vs. Rep comparison, RG plating seems to be good enough.

The only concern is that gen is too expensive to own.

I might end up with getting two pieces. Will update you if I have a chance to compare SS vs RG.

Last edited:

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
By the way, this is small size, not mini :)

Robin.Hood you are correct. I measured (pictures below) and the Panthère is not a mini WSPN0019 but instead a small WSPN0006 measuring pretty close to the published website specs of 22mm x 30mm, thickness: 6 mm.

Excited to see the RG!

My measurements came out to 22.03mm x 30.02mm with thickness of 16.3mm. I also measured in the "inside height" of the square to be 19.27mm.

I'll get a hold of a moderator and hopefully be able to change the original post or may just restart the post.

Imrz4.jpg
ImtYI.jpg
ImBkc.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: princessbravestrong

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Fixed model as requested.

Kay75

Horology Curious
28/3/20
Beautiful, thank you.
Your revie helped my wife and I to make our choice.

jmc512

Looking Around
19/4/20
I absolutely love this review!! Thank you and your wife so much for the photos and the comments. I am now debating between the small Panthère or the small Tank Francaise :)

jmc512

Looking Around
19/4/20
Oh one more question, I'm thinking of ordering from InTime and am planning on just using my credit card. Is that the best way?

SKnight

8/7/19
@axel.brass Mate thanks to your reviews I've ordered the Panthere and the Tank solo in RG!
​​​​​