• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 new Santos

shaxx100

Horology Curious
16/12/21
i got 3kf qc pics and my cartier @ 7 looks a little off like yours. is it noticeable on wrist?

Sorry for late response but i dont know whats wrong woth the 7. the cartier too close to number? This watch and dial looks very big on photos but in reality its so small. Literally unreadable for most people and even the person who wears it. I cannot read the cartier text up to 7cm. Ok i have glasses lol. The screw „problem“ i did not notice at all. Since the member in here pointed it out i look at it sometimes while taking a dump. I would never have seen this. And now have in mind that literally nobody know this cartier watch pitside watch nerds.

i think you should all lower you expectations in reps. A no go would be if the crystall falls out or bracelet is trash. I hope this wont be the case. If so i post it and try to inform you all.

i bought 3 watches in the past month:

santos 3kf, vsf starbucks and vsf pam.

the santos is by far my favorite :)

Reactions: Therion666

mcn7710

Known Member
18/1/20
Down Under
I got it here, a very good dealer of gen parts and accessories.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174900457256

By the way, can anyone tell if this date wheel will fit the Miyota movement on the Santos? one of these, and my Santos will be 90% there! (it isn't gen, but the font date seems correct for the black and blue models) :)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165183717344?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Cartier...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

From the ebay store above, Is this a genuine dial for 35mm? I think it is too cheap to be true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

megapleb

Known Member
5/7/18
US
but does the gen use real screws on the bracelet? It would seem very strange to me honestly. Does the GF 35mm, besides the defects of the character (too thin) and of the round second hand, have other defects? Is the mechanism reliable?
I haven't found anything to confirm if the screws on the watch bracelets are real, but this guide to spotting fake love bracelets suggests the genuine bracelet uses stamped screws.

https://brilliancejewels.com/how-to-spot-a-fake-cartier-love-bracelet/

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Cartier-...-127632-2357-0

From the ebay store above, Is this a genuine dial for 35mm? I think it is too cheap to be true.

I've been staring at this for 20 minutes now and still can't tell. The eBay picture is under harsh light which normally is good, but here hides part of the print.

I messaged the seller for a high quality picture and history. The seller responded to look at their feedback and that they only sell original parts. There's 10 dials left at the moment.

I think the only to tell is to buy one.

Honestly, this rep is so good, the fact that I have so much trouble telling is a testament to it.

Anyone want to buy one and find out :thumbsup:.

Last edited:

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
I've been staring at this for 20 minutes now and still can't tell. The eBay picture is under harsh light which normally is good, but here hides part of the print.

I messaged the seller for a high picture and history. The seller responded to look at their feedback and that they only sell original parts. There's 10 dials left at the moment.

I think the only to tell is to buy one.

Honestly, this rep is so good, the fact that I have so much trouble telling is a testament to it.

I've been watching this seller and this bid for months now. So, I just put in an offer and will report back.

Last edited:

InnerSelfAnglage

Horology Curious
25/12/21

I've been watching this seller and this bid for months now. So, I just put in an offer and will report back.

Oh man, this speaks to me. Less than 24 hours of resistance! Good luck with it, if 20 minutes of meditation didn't turn anything up then odds are good.

The price is suspiciously low, but maybe considering the quality of current reps there's less of a point to dial swapping Cartier, fewer buyers, so sellers have to take what they can get to shift. Especially if the seller has 10 dials, rather shocking tbh.

As much as I love Cartier, there's an overlap between top reps and mistakes from gen. Two of the last four gens I went to pick up in store had scratches on arrival. Others have been worse off, be it scratched dials on a LE, surface pitting, or sloppy printing. I can't really tell if it's pandemic sloppiness, or the shift of market focus...

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
Oh man, this speaks to me. Less than 24 hours of resistance! Good luck with it, if 20 minutes of meditation didn't turn anything up then odds are good.

The price is suspiciously low, but maybe considering the quality of current reps there's less of a point to dial swapping Cartier, fewer buyers, so sellers have to take what they can get to shift. Especially if the seller has 10 dials, rather shocking tbh.

As much as I love Cartier, there's an overlap between top reps and mistakes from gen. Two of the last four gens I went to pick up in store had scratches on arrival. Others have been worse off, be it scratched dials on a LE, surface pitting, or sloppy printing. I can't really tell if it's pandemic sloppiness, or the shift of market focus...

Wow! That's crazy that the gens would be inconsistent like that in the printing. I've experienced a Gen where the hands under a Loupe were damaged. My buddy experienced scratches upon receiving his Tank, but it came from the AD's showing his newly ordered watch to walk-in customers.

I spend today looking through a loupe on my 2 reps. I believe the eBay one is real as "Cartier" written in the numerals is much cleaner.

Came to same theories as yours on pricing, so I ordered a dial, and expect to have in hand under 2 weeks... hopefully it's gen, and will fit in my rep.

Last edited:

flanker0213

Horology Curious
14/8/20
Hey guys. I have a V6F 40mm Santos. The blue gemstone on the crown has fallen out and unfortunately I have lost it.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement? Or if failing that, the dimensions of the gemstone so I could try find my own replacement?

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Cartier...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Saw your post and the following posts about this seller. Yep, prices are amazing, but so far I've bought two dials (black and blue) and a black rubber bracelet with silver buckle (Cartier branded and all)... And lo and behold, these are gen. Even if they are not gen (highly unlikely), these are absolutely 1:1 to the real deal.

The black dial even has lumed numerals as per gen, and the back of the dials have the correct markings as the ones you find on Chrono 24.

InnerSelfAnglage

Horology Curious
25/12/21
Hey guys. I have a V6F 40mm Santos. The blue gemstone on the crown has fallen out and unfortunately I have lost it.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement? Or if failing that, the dimensions of the gemstone so I could try find my own replacement?

TDs can source you parts and are even sometimes willing to if you have a purchase history with them. While V6F is gone, GF uses the same movement if I remember right(9015?) so there's a good chance the stem thread is the same and you can throw a GF crown on without issues. Alternatively you can also try getting just the gemstone, someone just got two through Hont the other day, and fiddling with gluing it in after hoping it's the right size.

Even if they are not gen (highly unlikely), these are absolutely 1:1 to the real deal.

Thanks for the feedback! More than one sigh of relief from that, probably.

Reactions: leo6929

Mr.pitt

Known Member
28/4/21
just wanted to see what the latest status is of the 40mm blue dial, is this a NWBIG from V6F? or is there a better factory option now

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
just wanted to see what the latest status is of the 40mm blue dial, is this a NWBIG from V6F? or is there a better factory option now

The best blue dial I've seen is the GF, almost 1:1, movement aside of course. Haven't seen the blue V6F irl, though..

Marbe78

29/9/20
Spain
Hello everyone, I have a blue Santos from GF and I am very happy with it.
I wonder if any of you have put a 2AR crystal?
would it improve his appearance? does the gen have it?
I'm thinking of sending it to the professor to improve his appearance and make that purple blue dial he has look better.
I appreciate your comments.

LeNormanie

Looking Around
19/2/22
I'm thinking of adding this to my collection, but I can't decide between GF or BVF - Each person I speak to has a differing view.

Seems like GF quality control is less consistent and results in more 'RL' reactions? But when it is good, it is potentially a small margin better than BVF?

Rearview

Horology Curious
25/7/21
To those who have the newer 3KF, how's the bracelet quality/feel on it?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

antonio220893

Known Member
26/8/18
HI everyone!

I read this thread but my ideas are more confused than the moment when I start to read :wowa:

So.. can anyone help me to search the rep 35 mm with dial with less flaws? lot of you say that 3k is the best.. other say that's GF... but not being there comparision... it's more difficult to me take a decision.

thanks to all.

paul.co

Certified
23/6/17
HI everyone!

I read this thread but my ideas are more confused than the moment when I start to read :wowa:

So.. can anyone help me to search the rep 35 mm with dial with less flaws? lot of you say that 3k is the best.. other say that's GF... but not being there comparision... it's more difficult to me take a decision.

thanks to all.

Have you purchased it already? I think it's worth mentioning that GF has some issues on the crystal's frosting rounded corners, and a major flaw for the medium one, the rounded edge second hand.
I haven't seen too many QC for it, but it looks like BVF doesn't have those issues or they are more tolerable.

Reactions: phdsjain

antonio220893

Known Member
26/8/18
Have you purchased it already? I think it's worth mentioning that GF has some issues on the crystal's frosting rounded corners, and a major flaw for the medium one, the rounded edge second hand.
I haven't seen too many QC for it, but it looks like BVF doesn't have those issues or they are more tolerable.

No i haven’t.. i’ve decided to wait and see more to take a decision..

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

AwesomeHappy

9/3/17
Hi guys, anyone heard of GF santos being out-of-stock currently?