• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Diver

EggsVoL

Known Member
28/8/22
hi im new here. is there any update news for ZF 15703? , New clone movement?

LaraA

15/3/11
Got my new ZF AP Diver today from my TD, it looks and feels amazing compared to my old JF v7.

But the inner bezel / ring that you can rotate with the left crown, might stopped working just now.

When I got the watch it was not straight 12 o clock, so I turned the left crown slowly and carefully, but just about when it was getting close to 12, it stopped working.

And now when I turn it, it won’t move, feels like it’s slipping inside.

Is this something that is easy to fix for a Watch Smith ?

And if so, who do you recommend to do a full service, waterproof, regulate and fix the issue at the same time.

Thanks!

LaraA

15/3/11
Forgot to mention in my previous post,
Has to be inside EU
Thanks

LaraA

15/3/11
Sorry to hear about that, there are some great watch smiths in EU…..

Yes, I know about the Watchmakers section , but I wanted to hear if someone had any personal experience with the issue I’m having and if it’s easy to fix or if I might need some new parts or new movement.
Thanks

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
Sorry I can’t help you, I have the watch but never rotate bezel…..so you are saying it arrived out of position?

LaraA

15/3/11
Sorry I can’t help you, I have the watch but never rotate bezel…..so you are saying it arrived out of position?

Correct, a little off, and then I tried to fix it but slow turning the left crown, and now it stuck as picture shows, even worse when I got it …

g00n

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
Correct, a little off, and then I tried to fix it but slow turning the left crown, and now it stuck as picture shows, even worse when I got it …
Was it off in your QC pics?

g00n

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
I only ask because if it was a lot worse than shown in picture I would have asked to have it aligned at 12 before approving to make sure everything lines up…..

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Got my new ZF AP Diver today from my TD, it looks and feels amazing compared to my old JF v7.

But the inner bezel / ring that you can rotate with the left crown, might stopped working just now.

When I got the watch it was not straight 12 o clock, so I turned the left crown slowly and carefully, but just about when it was getting close to 12, it stopped working.

And now when I turn it, it won’t move, feels like it’s slipping inside.

Is this something that is easy to fix for a Watch Smith ?

And if so, who do you recommend to do a full service, waterproof, regulate and fix the issue at the same time.

Thanks!

Yes I have fixed and realigned many of these. But remember the mechanism will remain fragile after the repair, and I always advise owners to leave the dive bezel mechanism well alone. I understand that you rotated it in the first place because the markers were not aligned. So that couldn't be helped.

g00n

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
Unless I understand wrong and you made it worse…..

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Unless I understand wrong and you made it worse…..
Oh No Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Reactions: Allure

g00n

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
To be honest I never mess around with rotating bezels and chronographs. Made the mistake once setting off chronograph and wouldn’t reset to 12…..had to let it complete a full cycle then stop it to be exactly lined up again 😂
Chicago Pd Nbc GIF by One Chicago

LaraA

15/3/11
Yes I have fixed and realigned many of these. But remember the mechanism will remain fragile after the repair, and I always advise owners to leave the dive bezel mechanism well alone. I understand that you rotated it in the first place because the markers were not aligned. So that couldn't be helped.

Since you have done this before, usually, Does one need new parts to fix this issue or just needs service of the watch ?
Thanks!