• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Audemars Piguet 15202

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
I think the biggest faults with the ZF are the hand size tbh... it's too big. Too wide and too long. Plus the already mentioned central handstack... it's just too large. Hopefully that can be adjusted. Otherwise I think the ZF is pretty pretty pretty good (to quote LD).

N77n

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/6/19
Just received mine. Dial looks excellent except of the printing. However, the bracelet is also not as stiff as the XF V1s.

Take a look at how it 'flows' on the top. It's also a bit 'rattly' like you can hear it when you shake it. The XF V2 I had before for a short time did that too. So far, very disappointed in the bracelet, again :(

Is it thicker than the Xf?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
I believe the pizza base is due to the fact that the hand stack is derived from the hand stack on a ROO rather than a 15202. Rather than create a new mould, it's likely they have revised an existing one. Here is a gen ROO for comparison. Look familiar??

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

jcguo0516

4/12/18
i actually like ZF 15202 much better than XF due the first the dial looks so much better, and bracelet finishing is on the next level from ZF, tho the hand base is a bit bigger than gen and XF, and the thickness is tiny bit thicker, im sure it's unnoticeable on the wrist, and through time, either ZF or legend will figure out the solution for the hand base for sure ;)

we have came so far from where it all started, just to thinking about it in 2018, we would never thought they would make a rep this much close to gen, just be happy and be patient guys, enjoy the moment

p.s. one of the memeber has this quote on his signature (i forgot who it is, he's pretty active on here, someone please reminds me), the quote is "The biggest tell of a rep is you" something like this, and i really like this quote because it is so truth :)

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I believe the pizza base is due to the fact that the hand stack is derived from the hand stack on a ROO rather than a 15202. Rather than create a new mould, it's likely they have revised an existing one. Here is a gen ROO for comparison. Look familiar??

Actually it doesn’t matter if they reused an existing hand mold or started a new one. It’s wrong either way. It’s far more important they get the hands correct. An apple should be an apple and not a grape, pineapple, orange or any other fruit. Anything other than an apple is wrong. Having said that, it’ll be close to impossible to get the AP hands correct I think. The gen hands are very refined and a thing of beauty and none of the rep, aftermarket and modded hands do not emulate the gen hands perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
looks great!

If any sale comes up by you, rest assured it will be nuked on the spot. Additionally to that, refrain from meaningless posting sprees like your most recent one if you don't intend to actually contribute to the forum.

popi2020

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
12/10/20
Just received mine. Dial looks excellent except of the printing. However, the bracelet is also not as stiff as the XF V1s.

Take a look at how it 'flows' on the top. It's also a bit 'rattly' like you can hear it when you shake it. The XF V2 I had before for a short time did that too. So far, very disappointed in the bracelet, again :(

do u prefer XK or ZF? i love 15202!

Accuphase

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/9/18
The XF watch (especially after legend mods!) is the better watch. I still have a suspicion that the ZF probably has the better bracelet. I'm going to see if I can pick up a ZF bracelet from a friendly TD and try it on my XF.
Yes. Please let us know. I am thinking of getting the ZF bracelet for my Legend mods XF.

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
I think it's not possible in the ZF to do the same mod on the basehand as Legend has beautifully managed to do on the XF. The hole under the basehand is too big!

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I think it's not possible in the ZF to do the same mod on the basehand as Legend has beautifully managed to do on the XF. The hole under the basehand is too big!

Yes indeed. It looks like another wait for ZF to use up all the dials with the large center hole before we see an improved version. Hopefully other ZF 1502 models won't have that larger hole on their dials.

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
Yes indeed. It looks like another wait for ZF to use up all the dials with the large center hole before we see an improved version. Hopefully other ZF 1502 models won't have that larger hole on their dials.

I would gladly wait for the next batch, the 1502 is definitely my favorite AP.

sasquatch951

Supporter
Certified
28/11/18
I know Legend is working on it now so hopefully it is possible. You're right though...from that angle it doesn't look like there's much space before that dial hole starts showing.

It's a shame because I like the ZF version a lot. I wonder if a v2 is even in the works by ZF.

I created a comparison for myself based on random QC pictures I found on the Reptime subreddit - I didn't hand pick the QC batch or anything, just most recent QCs of the ZF and XF from Jtime to keep lighting consistent. The Gen image is from google images.

Not a perfect comparison but it helps a bit IMO. ZF dial colour and print are much nicer IMO - although the colour seems to vary on the Gen over different iterations over the years.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
The use of XF hands on the ZF dial does not look like a viable option either. The hole on the ZF dial is simply too large IMO.

I thought about painting the ZF hour hand base in a color that matches the dial to "hide" the size of the base. This may not go well though and be a waste of time.

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
I know Legend is working on it now so hopefully it is possible. You're right though...from that angle it doesn't look like there's much space before that dial hole starts showing.

It's a shame because I like the ZF version a lot. I wonder if a v2 is even in the works by ZF.

I created a comparison for myself based on random QC pictures I found on the Reptime subreddit - I didn't hand pick the QC batch or anything, just most recent QCs of the ZF and XF from Jtime to keep lighting consistent. The Gen image is from google images.

Not a perfect comparison but it helps a bit IMO. ZF dial colour and print are much nicer IMO - although the colour seems to vary on the Gen over different iterations over the years.

your comparison is very nice.
From your images it seems like as on the ppf 5711, both of the rep factories didn't manage to do the bezel bevel right...

sasquatch951

Supporter
Certified
28/11/18
your comparison is very nice.
From your images it seems like as on the ppf 5711, both of the rep factories didn't manage to do the bezel bevel right...

Thanks! Possibly true on the bezel bevel but then again from what I can see in the QC pics, the bottom of the watch is closer to the camera than the top of the watch. This is a bit angled unlike the level head on shot of the gen sitting on a surface rather than being held. I think the factories got it pretty close.