• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

**** V5 - What AP are you wearing today??? ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
No compromise when it comes to ROOs.

01670E07-0057-477E-B02A-C941114A6E5B1ac3c968991cc0f0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Djsani26

Patron
Certified
10/7/09
Austria
legend really :) i ike it also i was thinkig abut selling this watch but maybe i will not sell it its really nice light strong watch for every day. Maxbe i shuold just buy some nice watch straps to make it allways different :)

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
legend really :) i ike it also i was thinkig abut selling this watch but maybe i will not sell it its really nice light strong watch for every day. Maxbe i shuold just buy some nice watch straps to make it allways different :)

The secret of enjoying AP reps is just to enjoy them understanding that even if they are flawed and such, they are nice watches on the wrist.
Modding them to improve them aesthetically for yourself gets them closer to how YOU will like them to appear and that is a good thing too.
I see guys spending thousands on their watches to get them closer to gen but sadly the results are often just minor aesthetical improvements and new flaws created, and too much pride and ego and ignorance in the way not to see their watches as anything but perfect when objectively they are far from perfection and seconds away from being identified as reps.
Models which are accurate visually will include the XF FC diver and the ZF15500 among others and meaningful tweaks will increase their visual accuracies. There are only 2 types of APs, gen and rep and even a $6000 franken will fall into the latter category. I therefore think that watches like yours are simple, efficient and believable on the wrist, looking the part with dignity without having spent thousands and with no fragile ego needed to defend a disastrous build.
Wear it well and enjoy it with pride sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Djsani26

Patron
Certified
10/7/09
Austria
legend you are 100% right thats true what do you say. But I am also thinking to buy xf with gen 2121 movement :D i will see what i decide. I have couple gens but also replicas and i must say every year they are better and better :) i think i will keep this AP how it is and i wont do mod or selling it :)

Reactions: legend

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands

I'm thinking exact the same thing. I have XF FC too. I will keep it too, it is a nice watch, but in the future it will need a new and spectacular strap :)

SMPlover will be our man I think

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
What do you guys think? Good or anus? :)
057f2ceb1269151e5151a9c994745176.plist

Hmm I like.. maybe i keep it like this for a few days and trie it.

Here is with rubberbezel(Orginal)
21847b712620c5f92c1fae09efe7823d.plist

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

Reactions: Jurgenk and tedit

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
stanevo6 wow nice straps where did you bought them :)

I do not have these straps in my collection, The first one I found on the Internet and the second one, the yellow one is made by SMP_lover . His straps are awesome. I'm sure he can make the other one too ( the one on the Royal Oak Offshore) I'm putting money aside so in the near future I can place my order with him.

Cheerss :)

Reactions: Djsani26
Status
Not open for further replies.