• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 15400 - First pictures

W47chl0v3r

PM for 5402 inquiries
Supporter
Certified
29/8/19
ZF because it's thinner and better dial. These improvements alone make it a better rep.

vh997tt

Known Member
Certified
24/5/15
One stupid question. How come there is only one number on my ZF caseback? It should be two? As for gen..

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
One stupid question. How come there is only one number on my ZF caseback? It should be two? As for gen..

Gen model that zf used didn't had both serials, so they repped it as per gen.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
legend sir specific “year and model” was used by ZF to rep this 15400

Are you referring to the blue dial? Personally, I will say it replicates a late i/early j series. Harder to tell for the rest of the colors without comparing them in hand to the gen.
Definitely not the K, as it has a very different tone and finish, and not the H and early I, which came with a different logo.
The "sunburst" effect some members spoke about, does not appear on every dial. There are matte and gloss variants as well across the different series.

farcast

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/12/18
Really tempted to get the blue. However, I think the Blue 15500 is releasing soon so I have to choose between the two...
I've never seen the ZF in person but based on the pictures I think the minute markers are not that clear? (same issue as the JF) Gen has very visible minute markers in almost any angle and lighting. I think the ZF dial and printing is so much better than the JF tho.

Anyway, here is my gen black 15400 for reference.

IMG-4005.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Rolemars and legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Really tempted to get the blue. However, I think the Blue 15500 is releasing soon so I have to choose between the two...
I've never seen the ZF in person but based on the pictures I think the minute markers are not that clear? (same issue as the JF) Gen has very visible minute markers in almost any angle and lighting. I think the ZF dial and printing is so much better than the JF tho.

IMG-4005.jpg

If you already own the gen 15400 then get the rep 15500 instead. I own the gen blue 15400 and grey 15500 and I intend to sell the 15400 to fund a another Patek. I am contemplating getting a rep blue 15400 and put in the gen blue dial I have on order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Minute Markers are fine it depends on the light, sometimes they almost can dissapear atleast on my blue dial which is very vibrant.

vh997tt

Known Member
Certified
24/5/15

IMG-4005.jpg

Really nice watch man. The minute markers will never be good, no factory will ever release that. They have no problem to make it, but they still want people to buy the next version and the next and the next... ;-)

EkaSN

Known Member
23/7/15
Are you referring to the blue dial? Personally, I will say it replicates a late i/early j series. Harder to tell for the rest of the colors without comparing them in hand to the gen.
Definitely not the K, as it has a very different tone and finish, and not the H and early I, which came with a different logo.
The "sunburst" effect some members spoke about, does not appear on every dial. There are matte and gloss variants as well across the different series.

So ZF replicates late i / early j series and JF replicates h series?