• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is the XF V3 ROO FC Diver still the "best"? Any Impressions?

Blaithin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/8/19
I've been wanting to pull the trigger on one of these for awhile now, but I haven't really found a lot of accounts and impressions of them (search function sends me to an error page). I've only seen a few threads listing improvements over the V2, but with very few true examinable "beauty" shots. This is my first rep, and I really want it to count...My expectations are in check, and I don't expect anywhere close to perfection, but I'd really love it if I could see more examples because the risk I'm taking is fairly high (our customs charges an arm and a leg percentage, and is a black hole for goods in general), and with WU...my money is already a sunk cost if I pull the trigger. So if you guys would be so kind as to provide some impressions and photos, it would be very much appreciated.

I plan to mod it, but I'm still having trouble finding a watch service provider near me whose willing to do any service (I've been over to the Philippines thread, and the one suggested there is road trip levels far). Any tips on which third party cyclops for the AP is appreciated as well

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Aesthetically, the V2 reviews can serve for the review for the V3 as well.
Only the end links were updated in the V3 apparently. So Go over to the V2 threads and read the info again. 99.9% of the pictures and reviews will apply to the V3 as well. Makes sense?
As for the cyclop, go for either the prof one or Mikey one if you can find. The gen one is more like something in between the two in terms of reflection and clarity, but either will serve.

You have already managed your expectations well in terms of the accuracy and quality of the rep, so there isn't a need to discuss that. Good luck with your purchase!

Reactions: Allure

Blaithin

6/8/19
Aesthetically, the V2 reviews can serve for the review for the V3 as well.
Only the end links were updated in the V3 apparently. So Go over to the V2 threads and read the info again. 99.9% of the pictures and reviews will apply to the V3 as well. Makes sense?
As for the cyclop, go for either the prof one or Mikey one if you can find. The gen one is more like something in between the two in terms of reflection and clarity, but either will serve.

You have already managed your expectations well in terms of the accuracy and quality of the rep, so there isn't a need to discuss that. Good luck with your purchase!

Thanks a lot for the clarification. I had initially read that the V3 had more improvements...so it's just the movable plots? Well, with that I suppose the picture I have in my mind is a lot clearer now. It's definitely going to need the cyclops at the very least just because of the general cloudiness and green tint. Thanks as well for the suggestions for the crystals

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thanks a lot for the clarification. I had initially read that the V3 had more improvements...so it's just the movable plots? Well, with that I suppose the picture I have in my mind is a lot clearer now. It's definitely going to need the cyclops at the very least just because of the general cloudiness and green tint. Thanks as well for the suggestions for the crystals

To be fair, I have never personally compared a v2 and v3 side by side, so what I read, you probably have read. So I am recounting what I know, please exercise your own discernment. :)
The green tint comes from the crystal. I have never studied the tint color on the cyclop, so I am unable to comment on that, since the general cloudiness was good enough reason to change it out.
You may wish to change the crystal to a single AR clearless one from prof. Remember we are speaking about BOTH the crystal and cyclop here. I generally do not advocate a crystal swap but for this model, it may be necessary if the green tint is visibly annoying.

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
I've been wanting to pull the trigger on one of these for awhile now, but I haven't really found a lot of accounts and impressions of them (search function sends me to an error page). I've only seen a few threads listing improvements over the V2, but with very few true examinable "beauty" shots. This is my first rep, and I really want it to count...My expectations are in check, and I don't expect anywhere close to perfection, but I'd really love it if I could see more examples because the risk I'm taking is fairly high (our customs charges an arm and a leg percentage, and is a black hole for goods in general), and with WU...my money is already a sunk cost if I pull the trigger. So if you guys would be so kind as to provide some impressions and photos, it would be very much appreciated.

I plan to mod it, but I'm still having trouble finding a watch service provider near me whose willing to do any service (I've been over to the Philippines thread, and the one suggested there is road trip levels far). Any tips on which third party cyclops for the AP is appreciated as well

Did you already read this thread just 5 below yours?
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ed-a-super-rep

Also, if you purchase a "V2" on Puretime, I'm fairly certain you will just a get a V3 in the mail.

The person you have been interacting with in this thread seems to be able to help you with the modding; you can see his past work on this exact watch here:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...er-w-custom-leather-vic-strap-beautiful-watch

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...er-from-legend

Last edited:
Reactions: Blaithin and legend

superfolex

19/2/11
Just contact legend. Hed finish the job for u :)

Sent from my iP**** using Tapatalk

Blaithin

6/8/19
Did you already read this thread just 5 below yours?
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ed-a-super-rep

Also, if you purchase a "V2" on Puretime, I'm fairly certain you will just a get a V3 in the mail.

The person you have been interacting with in this thread seems to be able to help you with the modding; you can see his past work on this exact watch here:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...er-w-custom-leather-vic-strap-beautiful-watch

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...er-from-legend

Yes, I read that entire thread. It was actually the thread that got me interested in purchasing the watch. The last few pages actually had pictures of the ROO FC diver V2 and V3, but Quetip's guess of which one was the V2 or V3 was off (and I actually believed it and got confused when you clarified that the one with the foggy lens was the V3). Lighting interaction in the comparison made it super hard to figure out what the difference was between the 2 (in one of the photos the V2 had the clearer looking dial. Also thanks for routing me to Legend...I am aware that he's pretty much an expert on this particular type of watch because I also read a really old review of the FC (noob vs jf somewhere in the archived rwg.cc) where he clarified a helluvalot about the pros and cons of a jf fc I believe. The reason why I also thought that the V3 had more improvements was from a previous comment from him in another recent thread here that was referenced in the thread you linked above.

Trustytime is also listing V2, but yeah I've read that V3 has been in production for a long time and V2 is actually discontinued, and can only be acquired via m2m. My TD has at least corroborated this sentiment too.

I have very few posts, but I've been lurking long enough to have done most of the homework from buyer's guides to finding your local watchmaker across rwi and rwg. I've already clarified that my TD (from rwg) can source the stock, and we've agreed for payment to go through Western Union.

Last edited:
Reactions: littowun

Blaithin

6/8/19
To be fair, I have never personally compared a v2 and v3 side by side, so what I read, you probably have read. So I am recounting what I know, please exercise your own discernment. :)
The green tint comes from the crystal. I have never studied the tint color on the cyclop, so I am unable to comment on that, since the general cloudiness was good enough reason to change it out.
You may wish to change the crystal to a single AR clearless one from prof. Remember we are speaking about BOTH the crystal and cyclop here. I generally do not advocate a crystal swap but for this model, it may be necessary if the green tint is visibly annoying.

No problem, I plan on seeing if the cyclop is actually as "bad" as people say it is, and then work on sourcing a cyclops from there. I was planning on getting 2xAR xtal, but I've read that it would turn the AP ROO FC Diver into a fantasy watch, and, honestly, that's a good excuse not to buy another wallet squeezing crystal hahaha.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
No problem, I plan on seeing if the cyclop is actually as "bad" as people say it is, and then work on sourcing a cyclops from there. I was planning on getting 2xAR xtal, but I've read that it would turn the AP ROO FC Diver into a fantasy watch, and, honestly, that's a good excuse not to buy another wallet squeezing crystal hahaha.

The cyclop is a visual tell IMHO and if you are serious about wearing it often it will help to get it replaced.
Crystal is subjective, some hate it and some are ok with it.
Whoever said that the double AR crystal will turn the FC diver into a fantasy watch... must be slightly more experienced than a noob lol. Listen to that advice.

All the best for your new adventure sir.

Blaithin

6/8/19
The cyclop is a visual tell IMHO and if you are serious about wearing it often it will help to get it replaced.
Crystal is subjective, some hate it and some are ok with it.
Whoever said that the double AR crystal will turn the FC diver into a fantasy watch... must be slightly more experienced than a noob lol. Listen to that advice.

All the best for your new adventure sir.

Thanks a lot for all your help. I'm hoping I can start this hobby off right, and continue it for a long time :)

RolexApLovers

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
21/4/19
Is the NOOB comparable whit XF? Or XF is still the better?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Is the NOOB comparable whit XF? Or XF is still the better?

The best noob FC diver for me is the v4.
Between that and the XF, the XF wins hands down in most, if not all aspects.
That is my personal opinion. We all have our own preferences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RolexApLovers

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
21/4/19
The best noob FC diver for me is the v4.
Between that and the XF, the XF wins hands down in most, if not all aspects.
That is my personal opinion. We all have our own preferences.

Thank you for yours feedback Legend! I have had a Noob one, i gifted to a friend years ago’s but want to try again whit FC Diver and thinking about a XF one :)

Blaithin

6/8/19
Thank you for yours feedback Legend! I have had a Noob one, i gifted to a friend years ago’s but want to try again whit FC Diver and thinking about a XF one :)

Nice choice :) I'm actually in talks with prof for one of his AP ROO cyclops as we speak. Have also found a local watchsmith who may be willing to mod the rep...I've heard he's skilled enough to service reps as well as do polishing and refinishing, but there are few accounts in the Philippine thread about his rep willingness (still confirming with him though). If the latter, pans out then everything I need to start will be in place.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Nice choice :) I'm actually in talks with prof for one of his AP ROO cyclops as we speak. Have also found a local watchsmith who may be willing to mod the rep...I've heard he's skilled enough to service reps as well as do polishing and refinishing, but there are few accounts in the Philippine thread about his rep willingness (still confirming with him though). If the latter, pans out then everything I need to start will be in place.

While you are at it, may as well consider getting Prof's single AR crystal. That crystal, ironically, is actually clearer than some of the gen ones I have seen lol.

Reactions: Allure and Blaithin

iwantaprettywatch

Known Member
1/8/16
Just popping by to tell you good choice of watch my friend and welcome to the club. I started with an XF V2 from legend as well and till date it still gets the most wrist time compared to my other gens and reps. No better watch to start the hobby with and to make sure you get it right, get a good watchsmith to sort you out. My recommendation is legend himself to ensure your first rep can serve to be your one and only rep if it comes down to it.

Reactions: Blaithin and legend

Blaithin

6/8/19
Just popping by to tell you good choice of watch my friend and welcome to the club. I started with an XF V2 from legend as well and till date it still gets the most wrist time compared to my other gens and reps. No better watch to start the hobby with and to make sure you get it right, get a good watchsmith to sort you out. My recommendation is legend himself to ensure your first rep can serve to be your one and only rep if it comes down to it.
The reason why I bought the Forged Carbon diver was because of the 28,800 vph. That's the exact kind of fantasy beat rate I wanted for this. 21600vph has always looked jerky to me, and to my long time gamer senses... It screams fps drop... I hate fps drops.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

uphoto

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/6/18
The reason why I bought the Forged Carbon diver was because of the 28,800 vph. That's the exact kind of fantasy beat rate I wanted for this. 21600vph has always looked jerky to me, and to my long time gamer senses... It screams fps drop... I hate fps drops.

So you wanted it to be a fantasy piece? That’s an odd one but sounds like you want that 28.8. I don’t get the dislike of the low beat when it’s good enough for AP.

Blaithin

6/8/19
So you wanted it to be a fantasy piece? That’s an odd one but sounds like you want that 28.8. I don’t get the dislike of the low beat when it’s good enough for AP.

I mean I could've just bought the gen if I really wanted to, but I don't like the specs of the gen so why should I aspire for something that I wouldn't be happy with? This rep represents the direction I wanted the gen to go with. It didn't. So AP didn't get my money. The rep dealers did. It's more of how I'll enjoy the watch much better with a high-beat movement. Simple as that.

Last edited:
Reactions: legend