• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

Swissys

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/2/19
I find the blue a little bit off, maybe it is just the lightening of the pictures (I own a gen blue 26331st, I assume the blue is similar). However, it is very hard if not impossible for a non trained eye to discern a black 15500 zf from a gen on the wrist. ZF really did a good job. I have only seen the grey gen once or twice so I cant really judge for the grey one

edit: it seems that some discussions with gen owners already address the grey one

Last edited:

James2020

1/6/20
Just to share, I just received my grey 15500 from chazingtime. Ordered on 5 June and it arrived at my door step today.

1 word to describe this watch : Wow! Quality and finishing are impressive to say the least.

The rotor is a little loud but still softer than my other miyota-based reps. Mind you, I’m quite OCD about rotor noise and i find it acceptable. Most importantly, the rotor doesn’t free-spin crazily (which some of my reps do...) if you give it a hard shake. The bracelet is a little sharp on some edges but It hasn’t really bother me (yet).

All in all, I’m pretty amazed with this watch. Well done, ZF and chazingtime!

Reactions: vcappp and Katarsis

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
I ended up accepting after being sent a ZF white dial dissembled. Look at the size differences in 21 & 31 compared to 22. You’ll never get perfect across all dates.

V3bPSg.jpg

V3bG0A.jpg

Ouch, indeed.
This concern only the white version or all versions?

Reactions: vcappp

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

No contest.
Thanks bro. :qtip2:
But on the wrist, in real life, the ZF 15500 will give the gen a good run for its money, objectively speaking.

Reactions: Allure

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
No contest.
Thanks bro. :qtip2:
But on the wrist, in real life, the ZF 15500 will give the gen a good run for its money, objectively speaking.

As always bro. Rep is in no way coming close to the gen in terms of movement finish or replication but hey. The price reflects that. Other than that, the ZF is a very well executed release as you said in your great review. :qtip2:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
As always bro. Rep is in no way coming close to the gen in terms of movement finish or replication but hey. The price reflects that. Other than that, the ZF is a very well executed release as you said in your great review. :qtip2:

Thank you for not asking me to elaborate on my post bro. With friends and genuine requests, I would have been obliged. :hehehe:

Reactions: Allure and QueTip

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Thank you for not asking me to elaborate on my post bro. With friends and genuine requests, I would have been obliged. :hehehe:

I basically took the words out of your head, didn't I bro? Lol :qtip2:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I basically took the words out of your head, didn't I bro? Lol :qtip2:

As always brother. Those who get it will get it. Those who don't, will always misconstrue harmless situations and messages in the most toxic way possible.

But yes, back to the topic on hand, I have essentially put my gen 15500 away after seeing how close the rep is.
It is a case of a $20k watch looking like a common $500 watch (damn the overpriced APs!), and that is no good. Time to move to greener pastures. :hehehe:

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
As always brother. Those who get it will get it. Those who don't, will always misconstrue harmless situations and messages in the most toxic way possible.

But yes, back to the topic on hand, I have essentially put my gen 15500 away after seeing how close the rep is.
It is a case of a $20k watch looking like a common $500 watch (damn the overpriced APs!), and that is no good. Time to move to greener pastures. :hehehe:

I'm happy to trade you my rep + years supply of peri peri flavoured corn chips (dips will cost extra)… for that rubbish Gen :rolleyes:
One time offer, take it or leave it!!

Reactions: legend

Swissys

28/2/19

The rep technology/innovation improves at a much faster pace than gen. Since a few years the focus has been on the aesthetics and some model are really close to gen (Sub, some daytonas, 15500). I think that more and more rep factories will try to replicate the movements as accurately as possible and their technological advances far outpaces the innovation from the gen world. I am wondering if in the long run, assuming the trend stays similar and gen factories dont invest more heavily on RD, this will drive gen prices down (im naturally not talking about a 2 years timeframe)

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
The rep technology/innovation improves at a much faster pace than gen. Since a few years the focus has been on the aesthetics and some model are really close to gen (Sub, some daytonas, 15500). I think that more and more rep factories will try to replicate the movements as accurately as possible and their technological advances far outpaces the innovation from the gen world. I am wondering if in the long run, assuming the trend stays similar and gen factories dont invest more heavily on RD, this will drive gen prices down (im naturally not talking about a 2 years timeframe)

It’s not really innovation it’s imitation. They aren’t doing anything new. it comes down to whether it’s worth investing loads more to further replicate existing technologies, like clone a movement and how much more they could realistically ask for the rep afterwards to make it worthwhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dla329

27/10/19
Can any blessed soul who owns both gen and rep help us with a picture of both the ZF 15500 and Gen to help us novice learn the different better as this forum teaches so many new things. Excitingly waiting for my ZF 15500 to join my watch case

I posted the youtube Link with the Comparison 2 or 3 sites befor. Its in german. But here for you some pics: (echt means real)
svck2.jpg
svVOt.jpg
svgJE.jpg
s7Zan.jpg
s7jp3.jpg
s7zFs.jpg
s7K8D.jpg
s7HAY.jpg
s7hvk.jpg
s7Azo.jpg
s7ekP.jpg
s7LOJ.jpg
s75VW.jpg
s7WaS.jpg
s7iGL.jpg
s7apQ.jpg
s7oAR.jpg

*the bezel brushing is more fine on gen. The brushing and finish on bracelet is the same, he said.

and here is the Video Link again:

https://youtu.be/MSIgAiX5Mn4

Last edited:

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
I hope there’s closed case back in the future for this ..

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
I hope there’s closed case back in the future for this ..

Why? The gen has an open case-back so it would be an instant tell that it's closed.... so what would you gain from that? Trading a tell for an even bigger tell?

Also, just how often are you taking your watch off and going "CHECK OUT THE MOVEMENT BRO?"
Because for me, it's never.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Why? The gen has an open case-back so it would be an instant tell that it's closed.... so what would you gain from that? Trading a tell for an even bigger tell?

Also, just how often are you taking your watch off and going "CHECK OUT THE MOVEMENT BRO?"

I mean genuine model closed case back , same old models Royal Oak

dla329

27/10/19
forgot These two pic
real datewheel an the back.
the movement is by 90 degres turned wrong.

Reactions: vcappp

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18

How much difference is there in between the ZF 15500 grey dial color and the genuine 15500 grey dial color? (Of course, I saw your picture comparison, thank you for your contribution).

According to your picture comparison, the difference is pretty obvious as the grey on the ZF replica is too darker than the genuine which has much lighter grey color that looks like it even can be blended with the case . Maybe, in real life, is the difference is not obvious as the picture shows?

As you are the owner of genuine watch and F , Could you please describe more about the grey color difference between the ZF and gen? Thank you so much for your contribution for the forum and members here.

peterpl

24/7/11
jeeezus ! ..... that’s horrid... :( I bloody love that watch let hope for the best on my next run :(....

Can someone please post dates 19, 20, 21, 22 to see if they are aligned on theirs?

stufuse

22/10/17
UK

Even if you did, most people don’t know what the movement is meant to look like and would just take it for what it is.

Reactions: Akilles and mech500