• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

In Depth Review - AP ROO Diver JF "v9.5"

outatime

Known Member
4/2/15
Did you see my pictures? A few up... thats JF 9.5 and has correct bezel.

Yeah it looks pretty good, seems like the TD's haven't updated their photos if all the JF V9.5 will have the updated inner bezels now...unless they're just going to sell them separate and call them V10's.

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Yeah it looks pretty good, seems like the TD's haven't updated their photos if all the JF V9.5 will have the updated inner bezels now...unless they're just going to sell them separate and call them V10's.

There is no official update yet...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeets

Horology Curious
14/10/19
So! I purchased this diver JF 9.5 and have been wearing it with a lot of pride! but ever since reading this forum and noticing, that my watch doesn't have the ghostlines on the bezel, Ive become quite dejected.

So- I'd like your guys opinion. How much of big deal is it for the missing ghost lines? will people notice?

Thank you

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
So! I purchased this diver JF 9.5 and have been wearing it with a lot of pride! but ever since reading this forum and noticing, that my watch doesn't have the ghostlines on the bezel, Ive become quite dejected.

So- I'd like your guys opinion. How much of big deal is it for the missing ghost lines? will people notice?

Thank you

Come on dont be ridiculous. Its hardly a standout feature. Most gen owners wouldn't know what ghost lines are.

Reactions: Swiss_goupil

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom

Thank you

Huge, tbh I wouldn't even leave the house with it on. First of all you have to accept the following facts. 100% of people know the AP Brand. 100% of all people know what an AP Diver is. 100% of people also know all the flaws on replica models. 100% of people know what ghost lines are. 100% of people are also close enough to you at all times and have enough time to stare at your dial/bezel insert and go "hmmm something doesn't look quite haunted enough for me".

Someone as close as 10 metres away would be able to say to you "Hey man, nice fake AP. No ghost lines".

Do yourself a favour, put it in a draw and never think about it ever again.

If you want to pose on reddit/gen forums. You're gonna have a bad time. But here's a good lesson for anyone that posts on instagram/whatsapp/insert social media here. Don't.

peter4ptv

14/5/20
L. A.

Thank you

the more you read this forum the more OCD you will get

Reactions: jeets and RonP

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Huge, tbh I wouldn't even leave the house with it on. First of all you have to accept the following facts. 100% of people know the AP Brand. 100% of all people know what an AP Diver is. 100% of people also know all the flaws on replica models. 100% of people know what ghost lines are. 100% of people are also close enough to you at all times and have enough time to stare at your dial/bezel insert and go "hmmm something doesn't look quite haunted enough for me".

Someone as close as 10 metres away would be able to say to you "Hey man, nice fake AP. No ghost lines".

Do yourself a favour, put it in a draw and never think about it ever again.

If you want to pose on reddit/gen forums. You're gonna have a bad time. But here's a good lesson for anyone that posts on instagram/whatsapp/insert social media here. Don't.

Let’s hope this poor kid understands sarcasm :lamo2:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Thank you

Here's the truth:

1. The gen 15703 dive bezel lume construction is different. I personally do not call them "ghost lines" as there is nothing ghostly about them. What you were colloquially referring to are clear and distinct white borders around the lume numbers. These are clearly visible on the gen 15703 and I can spot them myself about 2m away. I agree with Sonofalich that most people will not be able to spot them in real life.

2. The gen 15710 (glass caseback) dive bezel lume construction is ironically a lot more like the V9.5.

So take heart. You are wearing a $400+ rep, so you will do well if you don't present it as a gen to anyone. Learn to enjoy your watch as it is, it has a lot more tells besides the bezel lume construction. If you want to wear a watch with no tells, buy the gen. There is no substitution. If you choose to own a rep, learn to enjoy it for what it is without pretense, tells and all.

jeets

Horology Curious
14/10/19
What other tells apart from the ghost lines? I do not agree that it’s an instant tell tbh.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
What other tells apart from the ghost lines? I do not agree that it’s an instant tell tbh.

Watch very close to gen now , ithink next batch will see more better and upgrades still not official they Olso have v9.5 .

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Watch very close to gen now , ithink next batch will see more better and upgrades still not official they Olso have v9.5 .

Only close visually, still missing the 2836 for the instant date change

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk