• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Aps 15400 super clone 3120mvt

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
I'm looking at a 15450 build, does anyone know if this movement would fit the jf 15450 case?

the 9015 and 2824 are 11.5 ligne. the clone may be a touch larger by 0.6mm

with the clone mvt released expect 15450 and divers coming down pipeline. wait 6 months and see.

the JF 15450 case is thicker? we can only hope APS makes a 9.8mm case

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
Firstly you realize your forum name is going to hold true for about 2-3hrs tops :legend:

Second, please be patient if you don’t see pics of the silver yet. Given time someone WILL buy it and post a pic. Or you can be the one to do it for the benefit of the rest.

It was true when I got it!

Also, I'd love to be that guy, but I'm far from an AP expert and my comments and opinions would be useless. Might take the plunge anyway.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
It was true when I got it!

Also, I'd love to be that guy, but I'm far from an AP expert and my comments and opinions would be useless. Might take the plunge anyway.

You do not need to be an AP expert to enjoy the watch. In the gen luxury watch world, I think most watch owners are not experts, but that won't stop them from enjoying their watches. As long as you enjoy the look and feel of the watch, and think that it suits you well, it is good enough for you to take the plunge. By sharing what you see and feel, it will already provide some reference for others like you sir.
Personally, I think you will enjoy the watch when you receive it. Being a replica, it will have its fair share of flaws, but none of them would be deal breakers for the average rep owner.

m88sby

Known Member
28/1/16
Well the idea would be to drop in a clone movement, gen dial, then a re brush, finish and caseback shaving. That's my plan anyway....I'm sure I'm going to be calling on you at some point legend .

Reactions: legend

m88sby

Known Member
28/1/16
Im going to give it my best shot....dial I've found, need to find a 3120 movement now...

sscarm

Certified
27/10/21
Hopefully this idea comes together well! Looking to see pics once you start the project.

m88sby

Known Member
28/1/16
legend . Ok cool, I'll bear that in mind. I'm sure I'm going to be in touch soon for some advice.

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
Materials used for the movement are not good enough to support instant date flip in the long run. It has nothing to do with versions.

i doubt it's to do with material support. the clone movement is either missing the date unlocking yoke or the parts in the unlocking yoke have the wrong angles or tension to 'kick' the date instantly

once the movement is inspected by a modder, they can determine why the date doesn't flip instantly

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
i doubt it's to do with material support. the clone movement is either missing the date unlocking yoke or the parts in the unlocking yoke have the wrong angles or tension to 'kick' the date instantly

once the movement is inspected by a modder, they can determine why the date doesn't flip instantly

Angus (Puretime) will soon be informing APS of our concerns with their clone movement's slow calendar date change. Hopefully APS will correct the problem before they release other models using this movement. I'm wishing for a 15450 with a ruthenium toned dial.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedBearrd

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Angus (Puretime) will soon be informing APS of our concerns with their clone movement's slow calendar date change.

We’d be telling master copiers what they already know.

The Rep factory sales strategy seems to be, Why perfect v1 when you can have 3+ versions.

It’s either that, or they intentionally release prototype watches/parts whilst they perfect the product in parallel.

Eitherway, they very well know the flaws and if 100 people on this thread don’t buy the watch, it won’t make a dent on the multiple pallet load international sales they probably already have booked or could book.

Offering to tell the factory the obvious is just a sales pitch imo

asanibal

Renowned Member
19/10/08
Angus (Puretime) will soon be informing APS of our concerns with their clone movement's slow calendar date change. Hopefully APS will correct the problem before they release other models using this movement. I'm wishing for a 15450 with a ruthenium toned dial.

Tell him to make the most balance AP ever … the 15300 with this clone movement.
Now 15400 is also discontinued, the 15300 is the one many of us is waiting for with the proper ZF/JF now APS quality.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
We’d be telling master copiers what they already know.

The Rep factory sales strategy seems to be, Why perfect v1 when you can have 3+ versions.

It’s either that, or they intentionally release prototype watches/parts whilst they perfect the product in parallel.

Eitherway, they very well know the flaws and if 100 people on this thread don’t buy the watch, it won’t make a dent on the multiple pallet load international sales they probably already have booked or could book.

Offering to tell the factory the obvious is just a sales pitch imo

Wisely summed up as usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure and mech500

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard

Dude, it's a lot easier to fix a dial variation or case issue than something in the movement. Movement development and production is very difficult. I'm not expecting a change.

Inching closer to my first AP purchase on this...

Peppiniell

Known Member
Certified
25/4/19
hi guys i got it and today i got the watch, nice it really is, it has some sharp edges but sure the watch is worth much more than $ 508 to me, as i am not an ap expert i can't recommend it or advise against it, but for sure the money is worth it all.

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
hi guys i got it and today i got the watch, nice it really is, it has some sharp edges but sure the watch is worth much more than $ 508 to me, as i am not an ap expert i can't recommend it or advise against it, but for sure the money is worth it all.

The gen 15400 and 15500 can have sharp edges on the bracelet too. I’ve said this a few times: I had to smooth the edges on my 15400 myself due to the sharpness.

Worth is very subjective and as long as you like it, it’s worth the asking price. Like what I told another member on the same thread, you don’t need to be an expert to enjoy your watch and share what you see and feel. Most gen AP owners are clueless about the finer details of their own watches. If you read the reviews on gen forums, the reviews are often about what the owners see and feel and this is the way it should be: subjective and from one’s perspective. Don’t be afraid to share what you wish to. Your opinion is as good as anyone else’s and opinions are what make up this forum. All the best with your watch and enjoy it well!

Reactions: Allure and Djsani26

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Dude, it's a lot easier to fix a dial variation or case issue than something in the movement. Movement development and production is very difficult. I'm not expecting a change.

Inching closer to my first AP purchase on this...

Not necessarily true, take 3KF's 324 SC movement for example, when it initially came out the markings on the movement were stamped, now the markings are engraved like the gen. This was due in large part by complaints by our rep Patek Philippe fans. We can only hope that APS corrects their movement, if not now but maybe in later versions. Lets wait and see.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Not necessarily true, take 3KF's 324 SC movement for example, when it initially came out the markings on the movement were stamped, now the markings are engraved like the gen. This was due in large part by complaints by our rep Patek Philippe fans. We can only hope that APS corrects their movement, if not now but maybe in later versions. Lets wait and see.

I see your point - unfortunately the markings at this moment are still laser etched and not really engraved like they do it at the manufacture.

the difference in these techniques is the appearance of the underlying metal - in this case you get an almost polished brass/gold surface with a milling machine while the laser leaves an almost sandblasted finish.

Anyways - it won‘t hurt to point out some minor or major concerns - it won‘t hurt the development of future versions.