• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Aps 15400 super clone 3120mvt

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
I don’t think 3126 will come out in near future. 3126= 3120+Chronograph modification plate from Dubois Depraz+connection between the two. The rep makers cannot do this unless they acquire tech help from major wristwatch manufacturers in China, such as Sea-gull.

You’d better forget it.

So here's my question: Could a Dubois Depraz chronograph module be acquired separately (i.e. ebay, chrono24) and added onto a clone 3120? Is this even something that can be done? Excuse my ignorance if this is silly question, I don't know too much about working on watch movements.

asanibal

Renowned Member
19/10/08
So here's my question: Could a Dubois Depraz chronograph module be acquired separately (i.e. ebay, chrono24) and added onto a clone 3120? Is this even something that can be done? Excuse my ignorance if this is silly question, I don't know too much about working on watch movements.

I doubt that could be an easy task … for a Franken go for a lwo283

PecMan

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/09
That is something we won't have the answer to until one of our members (who has also owned a ZF 15400 or JF 15400) has it in hand. The clone movement is a big step up for sure, however I'm not sure how the quality of the bracelet and finishing on the case would be. Having never owned a ZF or JF 15400, yet after reading extensive reviews/threads here on RWI, the conclusion seemed to be that ZF finishing and quality were a bit better than JF's. Will APSF's quality be better that ZF? Nobody knows. (Although after owning a ZF diver I'm inclined to say that its not likely).

Thanks pal, many people do not want to deal with clone movements because it is harder to fix it of something happends. Many are tempted to buy the most expensive versions thinking that they are better quality than the none súper clone ones.

Reactions: JonathanLing91

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
Technically yes, by seperating a LWO 283 from its 2892 base you get a module, which, after modding, can fit the super clone 3120 and turn it into a 3126.

Reactions: asanibal

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
Black dial in photos looks a bit too shiny and pimply, like old JF's. I could be wrong.

Silvereagle77

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/1/20
I have an incoming APS Blue Dial. I'm awaiting QC pics right now. I will try my best to do an extensive review on ZF vs APSF. It'll be my first review so any pointers or tips on what you guys want to see. Pics will most likely be taken on my phone.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I have an incoming APS Blue Dial. I'm awaiting QC pics right now. I will try my best to do an extensive review on ZF vs APSF. It'll be my first review so any pointers or tips on what you guys want to see. Pics will most likely be taken on my phone.

Very nice of you to do so.
Modern phone cameras can take respectable photos. I think majority of the pictures taken by members here are taken by phone, and they are more than good enough for me.
I am hopeless at photography along with a host of other things, so I will likely appreciate good pictures better than most.

yesme

Horology Curious
31/1/16
San Francisco, CA
I just got one in hand. Comparing it with ZF - this new model is a lot better from the calibre perspective. It looks very GEN. The bracelet is as sharp as the ZF one and I think both are worth a good polish. There's only one issue that bothers me - this APS3120 has a quick date change, meaning the date changes to the next day between 11:50-ish pm to 0:00 am. The GEN one has an instantaneous day display I believe.

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
I just got one in hand. Comparing it with ZF - this new model is a lot better from the calibre perspective. It looks very GEN. The bracelet is as sharp as the ZF one and I think both are worth a good polish. There's only one issue that bothers me - this APS3120 has a quick date change, meaning the date changes to the next day between 11:50-ish pm to 0:00 am. The GEN one has an instantaneous day display I believe.

Care to share some photos of the calibre that looks gen like?

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
I just got one in hand. Comparing it with ZF - this new model is a lot better from the calibre perspective. It looks very GEN. The bracelet is as sharp as the ZF one and I think both are worth a good polish.

Sorry, but what do you mean by “worth a good polish”? Do you think the brushing is not up to par to previous releases by other factories (particularly ZF)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yesme

Horology Curious
31/1/16
San Francisco, CA
A quick EDIT - the date change starts from 10:00 pm and ends by 0:00 am.
By "worth a better polish" I meant both APSF and ZF's bracelet needs a better after-factory polishment. Both their edges are quite sharp.
RE: photos - I will try...

Reactions: JonathanLing91

vh997tt

Known Member
Certified
24/5/15
Still many things that are complete off compared to the GEN. Look for a VSF or clean Submariner compared to Gen, there we talk about a good rep