• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Do you remove your rep/gen at airport security?

Caboose

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
Anything from my pockets or person goes into my backpack when in line. Means by the time I get to the scanner I can just roll through, and then worry about putting a minimal amount of things into the bin, like a laptop, coat, and shoes.

Reactions: P..DR..D

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
I usually put it in my carry on bag while in the queue for security, along with my wallet and keys. Best to not have to fumble with a bunch to stuff, less chance to loose or forget something in the organized chaos. Nothing to do with genuine or replica, just want to get through as fast as possible.
Agree. There is an element of trying to get through as quickly as possible!

MapleMarmite

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
5/9/22
I've got NEXUS, and before than PreCheck. I don't take off any of my jewelry. Looking forward to the first agent that asks me to remove my rep.

Reactions: Got20Mate

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/6/23
🇩🇪
I put everything possible to sound the alarm into a soft pouch and put it in my backpack before I entered the security check, so the only thing I had to do was put the backpack into the x-ray machine and walk through the metal detector. It's fine every time and I just did that again 48 hours ago in Inchon Airport. Never have any issue.

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
I remove everything and put it in the bin. I also try to keep things moving as fast as possible. The guy above me has the best plan. I just travel so light I can't cram anything additional into my bags so I just throw it in the bin.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Never, only if asked to. Haven't been asked in years.

Got20Mate

Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Never, only if asked to. Haven't been asked in years.
Last few flights I've not been asked, but a few years ago the guy asked me to take it off (Thailand) and I was reluctant. It wasn't a rep either, gen Oris. Watched that thing like a hawk!

Reactions: leo6929

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Kept my gen Sub on when leaving the uk last week but Ibiza security said remove it on return. Put it underneath other stuff I was travelling with and kept an eye on the tray.

purple_slurp

Supporter
Certified
17/9/23
United Kingdom
I've always been asked by security to take of watches, belt, and to empty my pockets. Never would have thought to tell them no, but I guess you can do this?

Got20Mate

Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
I've always been asked by security to take of watches, belt, and to empty my pockets. Never would have thought to tell them no, but I guess you can do this?
I've said I'd rather not take my watch off but you can have my belt and boots. Wasn't bothered

Reactions: purple_slurp

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
The last time I went through Airport security, I was basically forced to take it off...

I didn't have anything else to throw at them during my escape attempt.

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Kidding aside, I not only take my watch off. I stuff basically everything in my hand baggage before going through. There's always something that's sensor-triggering if I don't. At some point you just give up and just let them scan everything.

DC69

Patron
31/12/20
Yes. I have been flying mostly inside EU and here they are usually very strict. Absolutely no metal on your person (including your belt and jacket) and I even had to remove my army boots once. So now I don't even try, might as well put everything in the tray and save the trouble of going back and forth.

ihavedrainbamage

5/4/23
USA
I always take mine off and put it in my backpack. No way in hell I'd put a valuable watch, rep or gen, in plain sight with a bunch of strangers in close proximity. However, I never remove my gold jewelry though and have never had an issue with that.

Tim4682

Certified
27/10/13
NC, USA
Similar to others my watch is never on me going through security...I put anything metal Ill have to remove in my backpack/outer carry-on pocketm, including my watch while Im waiting in line (sometimes at home if Im going straight to the airport).

#1 for speed to get through quickly #2 because i can calmly put everything (including my watch) in a pocket and ensure its not going to get scratched up vs doing it in a rush and not realizing I had other metal objects in there #3 for fear of rushing either going in or leaving security and fumbling around and dropping the watch as TSA is getting handsy and yelling at you to speed up lol.

eiwood

Panerai Curious
Patron
Certified
10/12/21
US
I've never been asked to take my watch off anywhere in the US and I've travelled a lot this past year. I will say that PreCheck is worth the $78/5yr (if you're in the states), although I never had an issue without it either.

Tim4682

Certified
27/10/13
NC, USA
I've never been asked to take my watch off anywhere in the US and I've travelled a lot this past year. I will say that PreCheck is worth the $78/5yr (if you're in the states), although I never had an issue without it either.
Best investment ever is Global Entry…precheck domestically and when you travel internationally coming back to the states you get through customs in minutes vs hours