• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 126500 Daytona review

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Now I’m curious if anyone has or requested a single AR (underside) from Deep?
Far as I’ve seen and read, Deep only offers 2xAR ?

AleksanderWolfe

Horology Curious
Supporter
8/12/22
Canada
Luckily we are at the point where stock is good enough but the fact that “too clear” is somewhat of problem to people is hilarious to me.

Nothing better than looking at my Panda and not having to angle my watch a certain way to get rid of the reflections or glare.
If your goal is to get closest to Gen spec then stick to the stock crystal.
If you want to walk around like there’s no crystal in there and blow peoples mind that they can see the dial regardless the angle your wrist is at go with Deep.

If anything 9/10 people have never seen a real Daytona and in my opinion, the fact that the crystal is that clear probably adds to the wow factor that it actually might be Gen because of how good it looks.

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Removing the top AR coming from a crystal is just too much work 😁.
But if Prof or Deep offered a single AR (underside) I’d be interested.

Im guessing it’s easier, faster and less labor to coat the entire crystal than just one side. Maybe that’s why they only offer full 2x AR?

Last edited:

samsoniteman

Supporter
Certified
2/6/23
US
Removing the top AR coming from a crystal is just too much work 😁.
But if Prof or Deep offered a single AR (underside) I’d be interested.

Im guessing it’s easier, faster and less labor to coat the entire crystal than just one side. Maybe that’s why they only offer full 2x AR?
I recall Prof offering a single AR crystal. That said, the his 2x ARs just look too good 😁

Reactions: m5smg2

Ferax

Supporter
Certified
17/12/17
I just received the Daytona from @Therion666.
It is one of the best reps OOTB that I have ever seen. The last time I was so impressed was when my gen navitimer arrived... 😬
I see absolutely no reason to franken this thing. It is just crazy good.
But it is clearly not my cup of tea. I don't see myself wearing it, so I will post it in the sales section.

Reactions: m5smg2