• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pelagos or Black Bay

ryanb

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/4/10
I am on the fence to purchase a Tudor.

Which one should I get Pelagos or Black Bay (red one)?

I do like both, but not sure which to get.

Legger

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/11
I'm thinking the same. I'm leaning towards Black Bay but want the deployant clasp as well as the bracelet.

Naburus

2/12/12
I'm thinking the same. I'm leaning towards Black Bay but want the deployant clasp as well as the bracelet.

Sora used to sell the BB with SS bracelet and a leather strap with deployant clasp as gift. The strap itself was rubbish, but the clasp was OK.

Legger

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/11
That's good to know. I'm currently thinking about an Aqua Terra from Sora too.

ryanb

27/4/10
Ryan offers the BB with leather strap and bracelet. The strap has the clasp on it. Not sure about the quality.

Which is a better quality rep the BB or Pelagos?

Legger

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/11
I've read that the markers are often out on the Pelagos.

bRONX

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/13
heres some help ;)
7619a4edbbb388af715e9f5c3ecefedd.jpg

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
get both, then sell the one you like the least. That's the fastest way to decide on which you like the most.

anonwatchguy

24/11/14
I think getting both and selling the one you like the least is the way to go. For me the BB is almost the perfect watch. Double check your pip/pearl when you get it though to make sure it is glued in strongly. I am not the only one that has lost one.

Sain

Known Member
17/4/10
I went with the Black Bay. Figured that most of the updates for it have run its course. Where as we may see some V2 of the Pelagos in the near future.

So I picked up the BB and then will pick up the Pelagos in the future.

ryanb

27/4/10
I am leaning towards the BB it looks better built/ less flaws.

Hopefully there will be an updated Pelagos soon

bRONX

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/13
They both look great. Are the markers on your Pelagos off?

only 2 of em .. the 3 marker by the date is slightly slanted and the 11 marker is jus a touch too far to the right

the rest looks good and didnt want to risk getting a worse one so i took it... unless your 3 inches from it , its not noticable

bRONX

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/13
id say the biggest thing to look for is the lume application , see mine kind of "bubble" out

sgtguk

Known Member
8/7/12
Just ordered a Pelagos with Ryan, rejected first piece as the markers were way off but the second piece was spot on, been waiting a while for this one...

halbook

Horology Curious
13/1/15
Ryan offers the BB with leather strap and bracelet. The strap has the clasp on it. Not sure about the quality.

Got my BB from Ryan. The leather strap is garbage but the clasp is really nice and would work very well with an alternative strap the right size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryanb

27/4/10
I made my decision I will get the BB in red and wait for V2 Pelagos or get a Gen :)

Shade

18/8/11
I personally think the Pelagos is the more accurate rep than the bb. Theres an issue with the pearl that *I* cannot live with, and the colour of the gilt (if you're getting the red)..

The pelagos *to me* is a much more accurate rep, if you can find one with a properly made bezel insert and aligned markers, the second would be the blue BB, but I personally wouldnt go to the red BB as theres too many flaws *for me*...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skratch

Horology Curious
14/1/15
got the pelagos V6F for $318
personally i like it more than the blackbay which cost around the same

prtscn

Known Member
23/5/14
I think getting both and selling the one you like the least is the way to go. For me the BB is almost the perfect watch. Double check your pip/pearl when you get it though to make sure it is glued in strongly. I am not the only one that has lost one.

What do u do with the lost pearl?

Lost mine last december and have yet to have a decent replacement..