• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Problem with KW PAM 441

GeDi

Renowned Member
5/2/13
Guys,

I bought this watch from Sora.

It was one of the first with updated decoration on movement from KW.
-with the faux power reserve.

Some members remember the debate on darkened back glass, which i confirmed it wasnt.

When the watch came i noticed two things.

1. The lume sucks
2. The watch stopped keeping time after some hours (even when properly winded).
The small seconds keep moving, but the hour + minute stops.

I contacted immediately Sora, sent it back -not for replacement as i wished,but for repair).

The watch came back.
First time i wore it everything ok,
From the second time on, the watch has the same problem.

Stops efter 4-5 hours and the small seconds keep moving.
Very dissapointed from the quality, and a little confused as to how am i supposed to deal with this.

Your thoughts would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
This is a matter to be solved firstly between Sora an you

If you don't get solution from the dealer, then you can start a claim
But I'm sure you will get a solution from Sora

Anyway, bear in mind we are dealing with replicas.

Keep us informed

Some comments from Sora would be appreciated.
Ask him for that

ALE

GeDi

Renowned Member
5/2/13
Ale,

Of course i've send him an email.
And no i m not the kind of guy who will go mad and ''attack'' Sora, just because my watch has a problem.

Sora, is a great guy and i m not changing my mind just because my watch stopped.

I would like some comments though, for the problem itself..
Has anyone dealed with such a problem?

The watch stopping but the small seconds keep running?

Thanks

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
If the second hand is running the movement is running
Maybe the main hands are loosen in the axle
Have you a friend watchsmith to consult it?

GeDi

Renowned Member
5/2/13
Yes i have,

But they are afraid to mess up with replica movements.

And i m also afraid that if he try to repair then, maybe Sora will not accept it.
I ll have to discuss this with him. And indeed the movement is working, because i can see it moving, through the back crystal.

MoreCowBell

5/9/13
Yes i have,

And i m also afraid that if he try to repair then, maybe Sora will not accept it.
I ll have to discuss this with him. And indeed the movement is working, because i can see it moving, through the back crystal.

Perhaps you can get the watch serviced/repaired by one of the watchsmiths here and ask Sora to share a percentage of the repair cost or give you a credit towards your next purchase?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Yes i have,

I'm not saying about a repair from the watchsmith, just ask him about the problem he guess the watch has. In order to take a decision, because if the hands are just loosen it is no worth the return to China

ALE

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Perhaps you can get the watch serviced/repaired by one of the watchsmiths here and ask Sora to share a percentage of the repair cost or give you a credit towards your next purchase?

After knowing the problem this would be a good way to take

ALE

GeDi

Renowned Member
5/2/13
Hi all,

i tried to fix locally, but no luck.. Some movement parts seem to be defective and although the watch is working properly, the hour and minute hands are not advancing.

So i have 2 choices as i see it.

One send the watch back to Sora -for second time- to fix it, OR sell it here at a low price.

Any suggestions from more experienced members would be helpful.

Again my target is not to cause trouble to anyone. I wish Sora could take it back, but he cant.

He volunteered to fix it though.

All suggestions are welcome guys.

Prancuzas

Renowned Member
6/3/12
No option to send back to Sora for replacement of the watch itself?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
It seems the best option is return to Sora in this case
Either Sora or KW are very professional surely you get a good solution.
Just being very patient about the delay.

ALE

marcogumbo

14/8/13
So i have 2 choices as i see it.

One send the watch back to Sora -for second time- to fix it, OR sell it here at a low price.

I had to re-read this thread and edit my post...sorry, all!

My question is, will Sora agree to still fix this watch if you sell it to someone else?
It seems that he would.
And KW (and the Kuvarsit staff) seem to be very easy to deal with...I would think they would have the same good relationship with the dealers.
Many might be interested in a deal like that...get the watch cheap, and have Sora (or KW) fix it.

marcogumbo

14/8/13
and GeDi, I understand your frustration, sending it back twice....who's paying for all that shipping?

GeDi

Renowned Member
5/2/13
and GeDi, I understand your frustration, sending it back twice....who's paying for all that shipping?

i am paying of course. its too bad of a negative experience, because it is the same problem that occured. Not something different.

Seems that no one paid attention to fix the watch correctly.

GeDi

Renowned Member
5/2/13
I had to re-read this thread and edit my post...sorry, all!

My question is, will Sora agree to still fix this watch if you sell it to someone else?
It seems that he would.
And KW (and the Kuvarsit staff) seem to be very easy to deal with...I would think they would have the same good relationship with the dealers.
Many might be interested in a deal like that...get the watch cheap, and have Sora (or KW) fix it.

Yes my friend, but what if i sell the watch to a member, with the term that Sora will repair it, and Sora does not fix the watch for the second time?

I will be liable to the buyer on behalf of Sora, and KW. And this is not good to me to rely my reputation on other people's work.

I asked to send me a replacement movement so that i can fix locally,But Sora said KW does not do that.. Thats not very good service for KW, as they failed to fix the watch the first time.

justlounging

I'm Pretty Popular
14/10/10
Sounds like a defective hour/minute gear..perhaps find a replacement part?

The base movement is a 7750 yes?

*edit: check with Ofrei for 7750 parts..the parts i'm referring to are the hour and minute wheels..

Link: http://www.ofrei.com/page1539.html

marcogumbo

14/8/13
Yes my friend, but what if i sell the watch to a member, with the term that Sora will repair it, and Sora does not fix the watch for the second time?

I will be liable to the buyer on behalf of Sora, and KW. And this is not good to me to rely my reputation on other people's work.

I asked to send me a replacement movement so that i can fix locally,But Sora said KW does not do that.. Thats not very good service for KW, as they failed to fix the watch the first time.

In my eyes, the answer is simple. Sora is expecting you to do the same thing again that has already been done...and didn't work. And cost you money due to no fault of your own.
The answer is to take the customer service to the next level in your case.
That is to replace your watch, and send that one back to KW for the second time, then refund to you the shipping you will have paid twice.
This will cost him his profit only, but save his good name as a dealer.
No one really loses here, and the responsibility goes to the maker....where the problem originated.

GeDi

Renowned Member
5/2/13
I simply dont think Sora can offer this kind of service.

I EVEN proposed to him that he takes the watch back to KW, repair or replace movmt. Keep the watch and refund me half the ammount on my next purschase!

Which is a very generous proposal from my side.

I loose, he doesnt. And he said he cant do it.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I have just sent a PM to Sora asking him for his opinion at this regard and for a solution, if possible

Waiting for his reply

ALE