• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

“Deep” crystals for Rolex - a pictorial

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
As you all know , there is a Deep crystal for Rolex available from Chinese modders for sometime now.

I will share some pictures

1) Daytona, OP36 deep crystal ( with single ar as per gen ) and LEC

2) DJ41, DJ36, Subs and Gmt , with double AR cyclops and LEC

Just wanted to share that Prof and Gen aint the only options

Last edited:

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
if you are Asian and know Chinese it should not be difficult to source them. You can add watchbuff on wechat

There is a member that has them on sale

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
if I may add, it is not mindblowingly invisible like Prof but it's visibly clearer and without any distortion as opposed to stock ones from Noob or clean

And it doesnt cost a bomb for sure

Reactions: Akilles

Lotdem

Known Member
12/6/19
if I may add, it is not mindblowingly invisible like Prof but it's visibly clearer and without any distortion as opposed to stock ones from Noob or clean

The GMT image above the cyclops looks very distorted.

Lotdem

Known Member
12/6/19

Lotdem

Known Member
12/6/19

balduran85

I'm Unknown!!
11/2/15
Wow..looks stunning. Recently got a Clean 116500 black v3 and liked everything about the watch except for the crystal which is just plain awful. If Jtime sells it, I should give it a go.

Reactions: Goldsimba1989

michaelle1193

15/1/20
Wow..looks stunning. Recently got a Clean 116500 black v3 and liked everything about the watch except for the crystal which is just plain awful. If Jtime sells it, I should give it a go.
Agree. Very cloudy, i need one for this model

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
The first (and most common eye catching) detail of my BTF Tona is indeed the crystal.

I have a DJ41 with gen crystal also, and truly feel they are pretty much the same clarity.

The odd part is I could never, until today, explain why the Tona crystal was so damn good. Now I know!

This pic does ZERO justice, but IRL it’s mind blowing my clear. The best rep crystal I’ve ever seen, by far.

**Edited to add different pic to try and show clarity**

Last edited:

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
The first (and most common eye catching) detail of my BTF Tona is indeed the crystal.

I have a DJ41 with gen crystal also, and truly feel they are pretty much the same clarity.

The odd part is I could never, until today, explain why the Tona crystal was so damn good. Now I know!

This pic does ZERO justice, but IRL it’s mind blowing my clear. The best rep crystal I’ve ever seen, by far.

**Edited to add different pic to try and show clarity**

Yes buddy, the BTF uses deep crystals out of the box, not too sure why clean doesn't do that.

Reactions: deepdish29

k.stoichkov

Getting To Know The Place
19/4/16
Guys, if i get deeps for gmt pepsi CF and a DJ 41 CF do they need some additional modding gaskets etc or they can just be replaced with the cfs any1 has exp? :)

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified

I thought of you when in the bathroom today: this is a stock crystal, unedited photo, and yes, I’d say it’s as invisible as a Prof 1x, it can’t be the same as a 2x because it’s not double AR’d. I have two light sources in this room: one in front of me and one above, and zero glare.

Last edited:

Rubberman

Forever young
Certified
9/12/17
I thought of you when in the bathroom today: this is a stock crystal, unedited photo, and yes, I’d say it’s as invisible as a Prof 1x, it can’t be the same as a 2x because it’s not double AR’d. I have two light sources in this room: one in front of me and one above, and zero glare.

I think Gen is more reflective than this. Meaning less AR.