• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ziczac Leather Straps for Panerai, anyone?

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
I was browsing around for some gator straps for my 288K and came across Ziczac leather. Anyone tried bands from these guys?

Maybe it's too good to be true but it's only 59 USD including shipping from Vietnam to WW.

This navy gator strap looked good in pics so I picked one up. I will share pics when it arrives.

If anyone has experience with these guys, please share :)
ZQjMdR.png

Last edited:
Reactions: johnlogan

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
My former 288k was mounted with a ZicZac, it looked really good on it.
Go ahead, you won't regret it, they feel great on the wrist too.
d86eb5a3dac6b597cb57f6f740c80acb.jpg

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: sukwonee

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
I had at least 3 pieces at different times. I am satisfied. It is quite cheap for the declared material, made with high quality and neat. The ones I had were all without tubing, but the holes are narrow and well finished so I didn't bother. However, some crocodile leather straps had a very thin front surface, and the loops of the holders were made from it, which on some models were disproportionately thin. I don’t think this applies to all models and textures, especially yours, but often, catching on a thin metal object, I would rather expect to scratch the skin, but not leave a "hold".

In any case, these are all very good straps for their price, and given that when you buy on the site, as far as I know, you get this particular strap, and not made afterwards, similar, from the same leather, with the same paint, I find their offer quite unique in the market.

The only thing, in my memory, they did not send quickly and I received the track number only after a couple of weeks. But buying a crocodile nubuck strap for 60$, I am ready to close my eyes to a lot.

On the right is a black shiny crocodile with orange contrast, I used it for pam687 while I had it, before selling to a respected member:

It has specific features, it seems to me that they cover the entire strap with some kind of laminate.

Here the skin of the Godzilla, as I call it, is very soft, and it feels like it has a very thin surface layer, but very comfortable and looks amazing.

Also a Martian red-brown crocodile, this is nubuck, but the dressing is not ubiquitous, it was worn out after manufacturing, and not entirely. But their nubuck is clearly different from stownwash.

Last edited:

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
mysterio will do for sure. I just have to wait.... which is the hardest part lol

mrsullivan omg... that looks so amazing. I didn't see the grey one like yours on their website but if it becomes available I may pick one up for my 005.

KOT1917 this is great info. I actually have some left over tubes from another strap so it shouldn't be an issue with me but that is good to know. And maybe I should paid a little extra to get it expedited. There was a 3 dollar option but I opted out lol.

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
The holes are small, just under the rods, the tubes will be hard to put in, and I don't see much point in this. Moreover, as I said, it seems that the surface is laminated on some of the ones that I had, and even the rod comes in with very high friction. I myself prefer pipes, but did not put them there.

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
KOT1917 thanks for the heads up and also adding pics. They look amazing. Idk why I haven't heard of them before.

I also kinda like the laminated look. I just hope it doesn't peel over time haha. Well... If it does peel, I can just buy another one I guess lol. So cheap for what it is.

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
I don’t know, it has always been one of the best strap suppliers in terms of price / performance ratio. Even RWI seems to have a thread of them.
No, the ones that I had are definitely not peeling, but also cheap thin straps. But at the same time, on my bronze radiomir the crocodile strap is much heavier and denser. But for 1/3 the price of Orloff, it's just great.

By the way, a photo of the straps from the site for which I ordered them. They are a little whitish, brighter in life. Just so you understand the expectation / reality ratio of the color scale.

Last edited:

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Alright. I yolo'd and bought a green one for my 005 too. Can't wait haha.

I also picked up this cool 24mm buckle on etsy for 9 bucks.

Reactions: johnlogan

jibuti

24/4/08
EU
Had few of them. For that price... They are OK. But for my taste front and especially back leather is too thin. If padded when on wrist it seems strap just breaks and makes angle where padding ends.

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Had few of them. For that price... They are OK. But for my taste front and especially back leather is too thin. If padded when on wrist it seems strap just breaks and makes angle where padding ends.

This may not be a bad thing for someone like me with thin wrist. I find most handmade straps to be too thick haha. I can see what you mean by where the padding ends. Maybe I will pre-fold the strap in a more rounder shape before putting it on.

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
I would go Orloff if you want next level....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I have handled Orloff before and his straps are amazing. A tad bit too pricey for me though, although it's reasonably priced for the quality.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I have both orloff and ziczac for PAM. Both are stunning. You won’t belwide how good ziczac is. Very soft and supple.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
ZPb7QF.jpg
ZPbvW5.jpg
ZPbEft.jpg

ZPbFun.jpg
ZPbR22.jpg
ZPbfnE.jpg

Holy crap.... I am amazed at the quality haha some of you guys are picky!! Jkjk

Unfortunately though t they sent me a 25/25 instead of 24/24 on the green strap. So I can't show you guys the wrist shot but enjoy the pics :)

I am super happy with these straps.

EDIT: Actually the green strap was indeed 24/24. But maybe it's like...24.2mm. It's just thicker enough to not fit through my 24mm buckle. I may have to use a 26mm buckle for this to clear without ripping the sides.

Also the straps are a tad bit lighter in color than as pictured on their website. Especially the blue ones - look a lot lighter in person.

Last edited:

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW

My 24/24 buckle from Etsy finally arrived. I can now show you guys the green croc from ziczac on wrist :)

​​​​​​

Reactions: KOT1917