• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF V2 AP 15703 advice needed

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
I'm interested in buying the watch from the title.

I've read quite a bit about them and I believe there's a consensus, that the ZF is the top option at the moment.

My experience with ZF watches has been less than stellar so far, so I'd like to ask about the build quality.

Is it any good? Does the watch feel solid or is it a rattly POS? Any gen vibes? :)

Some reps feel like gens, but every single ZF rep I've owned so far has felt like a rep. Sharp edges, misaligned dates, poor bezel action, etc. Or all of the above in a single piece :D

It may have only been bad luck, but my VSF, JF, Clean and ARF reps always seemed far superior to ZF, GMF, etc.

Any insight from the owners will be very much appreciated :)

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Here's my good old, long sold JF V7 version, that thing was built like a tank :) Perhaps there were flaws, but it felt great. I think about it a lot and that's a good sign, so I'd like to give it another go ;)

silver.forever

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/9/23
Here's my good old, long sold JF V7 version, that thing was built like a tank :) Perhaps there were flaws, but it felt great. I think about it a lot and that's a good sign, so I'd like to give it another go ;)

You sold it? I think JF is not available anymore.

silver.forever

21/9/23
I've sold it years ago. I know that JF no longer make watches. This is why I'm asking about the ZF to replace it.
Oh sorry, only saw now that you are OP.
From what I heard the ZF is very close to "NWBIG" since it has the closed case back and everything else is very close and hard to spot.

Reactions: Therion666

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Oh sorry, only saw now that you are OP.
From what I heard the ZF is very close to "NWBIG" since it has the closed case back and everything else is very close and hard to spot.
Yeah, I understand the flaws part of the thing. But the build quality is very important too. The watch can look the part, but feel like shit. Like I said, most ZF watches so far felt much worse than CF, VSF and other higher end factory products.

I used to own a VSF Seamaster 300m and it was mind blowing quality. The ZF version had sharp edges, wobbly bezel and shitty bezel action. But it looked the balls in photos. So there's that.

silver.forever

21/9/23
Yeah, I understand the flaws part of the thing. But the build quality is very important too. The watch can look the part, but feel like shit. Like I said, most ZF watches so far felt much worse than CF, VSF and other higher end factory products.

I used to own a VSF Seamaster 300m and it was mind blowing quality. The ZF version had sharp edges, wobbly bezel and shitty bezel action. But it looked the balls in photos. So there's that.
Yeah, I feel you.
I do own a APSF 15400 and from what I heard, they are very close in quality. The 15710 / 15720 are on my list as next watches and I think you will love the quality. APSF and ZF do very good products when it comes to AP. Seems that you are selling your watches from time to time anyway so guess that someone would buy your watch in no time. I would not hesitate on this model

Reactions: Therion666

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
I buy and sell all the time, it's a disease and they still haven't found a pill to cure it ;) I'll do some more research. And probably find some other watch to obsess about in the process :D

Nick.au

Supporter
Certified
28/5/12
I received my new Zf 15703 from Hont a couple weeks ago. I had the old JF when they first came out a decade ago. Much like yourself, I was smitten with the build quality from back then.

The new ZF v2 is unbelievable. It’s actually much better in every respect. They turned it up many notches. All the micro beveled edges and the rubber strap so soft and buttery. Just close your eyes and buy immediately, you will not be disappointed.

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Hmm..sounds very promising..oh, what the hell, off to send an email to my TD :D

Reactions: Lariram

slowblow

On peut tromper une fois mille personnes
Supporter
Certified
13/12/23
Belgium - France
I received my new Zf 15703 from Hont a couple weeks ago. I had the old JF when they first came out a decade ago. Much like yourself, I was smitten with the build quality from back then.

The new ZF v2 is unbelievable. It’s actually much better in every respect. They turned it up many notches. All the micro beveled edges and the rubber strap so soft and buttery. Just close your eyes and buy immediately, you will not be disappointed.

Looks amazing ! Wharf was the price from hont ?

bombina

Known Member
17/8/15
I have the 15720 from APSF, it is next level. With the quick change straps/buckle, clone movement that is smooth as butter (best winding / feeling movement I have from the many I have tried) and build like an absolute tank, I think its the pinnacle of ROO at the moment (IMO).

Reactions: Autobús

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
I have the 15720 from APSF, it is next level. With the quick change straps/buckle, clone movement that is smooth as butter (best winding / feeling movement I have from the many I have tried) and build like an absolute tank, I think its the pinnacle of ROO at the moment (IMO).
I went for the ZF V2. I hope it will feel similar to yours :)

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
The most significant observable difference in my opinion is the movement - the JF one sounded like a train leaving the station, the movement in ZF watch on the other hand is almost completely silent. I mean you can hear the rotor a bit, but the difference is day and night. It's a very solid watch, I can't recommend it enough!