• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF RM Release Waiting Room

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
Not yet... probably delays also so I’m guessing by Dec we see V1 and then May 2022 V2 w updated something lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5955f94f-22a5-480d-ba6e-3922248dcae1

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
I'm interested to see what the big selling point of the rumored 011 is going to be. If they just make gen case dimensions with a 7750 in there, it'll be nice but I have an older 011 with nearly exact dimensions and just updating the case material isn't worth an entire rerelease. I know the rumor was that they were tearing a gen apart to clone, but I can't see what improvements they could make beyond shaving a couple mm from the thickness, massaging the case shape, and NTPT without cloning the entire movement. I figure there's a tiny tiny chance that's what they've been trying to do, but it'd be quite the coup if they succeed. What do you guys think the selling points of a ZF 011 would be?

Timrm

24/4/18
Pretty sure we won’t see a 011, been like 3 years since they already had 80% of the watch done. Give me a gen RM, all the machines and material and I make it 10 times faster lol

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
If they just make gen case dimensions with a 7750 in there, it'll be nice but I have an older 011 with nearly exact dimensions
I can assure you, you don't.

Reactions: BIONONE

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Pretty sure we won’t see a 011, been like 3 years since they already had 80% of the watch done. Give me a gen RM, all the machines and material and I make it 10 times faster lol

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

Honestly I agree with you, it's been in the pipeline for so long that it's probably vaporware.

Que, I ain't gonna argue with you, but it's the right size. Everything else is crap, but it's very close in overall dimensions. (LxWxH)

Point being, to even release one they're gonna need to do something beyond making a thinner KVF with better proportions, and the scope of those things gets narrower as times goes on. I don't know what that thing would be.

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Que, I ain't gonna argue with you, but it's the right size. Everything else is crap, but it's very close in overall dimensions. (LxWxH)

These don’t mean anything if the overall curvature and shape of the watch looks like a potato. And it does. On any release I’ve seen so far.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
These don’t mean anything if the overall curvature and shape of the watch looks like a potato. And it does. On any release I’ve seen so far.

Which leads to my point, which is wondering whether a proportion refresh alone will be worth it as a standalone ZF release without anything else substantial.

It seems like they're at the point of diminishing returns, where the only major upgrades they could offer are the correct proportions/dimensions (or at least much closer to them as per their past releases) without major movement work. Would that by itself be worth the release given the options already available is the question I find interesting, and if not, what would be?

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Which leads to my point, which is wondering whether a proportion refresh alone will be worth it as a standalone ZF release without anything else substantial.

It seems like they're at the point of diminishing returns, where the only major upgrades they could offer are the correct proportions/dimensions (or at least much closer to them as per their past releases) without major movement work. Would that by itself be worth the release given the options already available is the question I find interesting, and if not, what would be?

I’d like to say so mate. Of course any other refinements will be a welcome cherry on the top but shape alone will make it sell like hot cakes, that I’m sure of.

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
QueTip You've got an eye for proportion that's much better than mine, so I'll take that assessment, lol. I guess I shouldn't knock progress however it comes!

And here I am talking like I won't buy it when (if?) it comes out anyways. A working and well-executed 011 in red is my dream rep, and we gotta get there somehow.

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
The proportions will be better, but who knows if 100% like gen, but better. If you own a ZF RM, the KVF are like large toys, the ZF are a huge improvement in thickness and wearability.

The carbon if collaborated with ABD will look better, and the crystal will look better so one can actually see the dial instead of having a $0.10 canal street crystal in the watch from KVF. The strap will be better and not some XL cheap rubber strap.

Those upgrades for me makes the watch enjoyable to wear and enough to buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
Why do they not rep something easier? Like RM30? less sophisticated than RM 35 and a lot more space to hide the movement behind the dial. Even latest Tag reps has those similar date wheels used on RMs

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
And TAG reps doesn't seem to have better market share than the RMs, at least that's what it suggests here, RMs thread is more populated

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Why do they not rep something easier? Like RM30? less sophisticated than RM 35 and a lot more space to hide the movement behind the dial. Even latest Tag reps has those similar date wheels used on RMs

They rep what sells well, and that's mostly the hype watches. I'm amazed they haven't made a 14mm RM010 with better deco, but the popular watches are the ones that get made, usually. The round ones would be dead-easy to rep well, also, but no one really likes those so they haven't really made good reps of those and when they did they were in small batches.

Reactions: SuperLory

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20

They rep what sells well, and that's mostly the hype watches. I'm amazed they haven't made a 14mm RM010 with better deco, but the popular watches are the ones that get made, usually. The round ones would be dead-easy to rep well, also, but no one really likes those so they haven't really made good reps of those and when they did they were in small batches.

True, that doesn’t seem okay that they have not. Looks like not much to do on it, thin the case put a TAG date wheel and ZF rotor and some deco and is done

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
True, that doesn’t seem okay that they have not. Looks like not much to do on it, thin the case put a TAG date wheel and ZF rotor and some deco and is done
there is so much wrong with this post - man that is not how things work.

and even if they would work - this piece would still look like a canal st. shitter

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Lol thanks, I was writing a big long post trying to skirt that issue.

Bottom line, they rep what sells, and the RMs you see all over social media and the internet are the 011s, 055s, and 052s which are available from a variety of factories of varying quality in a bunch of different combinations. Even something simple like the 030 wouldn't sell too well IMHO, so it doesn't get a ton of attention, same with the round watches RM makes.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
the round watches RM makes.

which are hideous by the way.

We want RM35 / RM27 / RM55 / RM11

These are worldwide famous for a reason.

The skeleton is also famous but it's just tacky af so they can stop producing it and it's ok

Reactions: BIONONE

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
which are hideous by the way.

We want RM35 / RM27 / RM55 / RM11

These are worldwide famous for a reason.

The skeleton is also famous but it's just tacky af so they can stop producing it and it's ok

This right here is why we only see 011s, 055s, 035s, etc. The demand is for those, not for the others that would be much easier to rep.

And I totally agree, the skull is the tackiest thing I've ever seen, even for RM. I wish they would put that effort into some other models but people loooove that skull for some reason.