• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Patek 5167r review

Kid__watchmaker

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/5/22
Just bought and received this watch from another member and thought I'd post a review. Main things I was worried about before buying:
- the gold plating (an obvious difference from the gen)
- the lume color matching the hands and not being too green)
- the thickness (supposedly .3mm thicker than the 3KF version)

After receiving the watch, none of these concerns really stuck with me. The overall case proportions seem spot on (maybe more so than the 3KF based on pics) and the dial has a nice finish. The lume is a bit green but so is the gen so what can you do. My one real issue is the clasp- there is a gap that is super noticeable (seems like a common issue with the stock aquanaut clasps all around). The date wheel is not perfectly aligned (angles slightly downwards) but I don't really mind. I was worried about getting the 5167r over the 5167a because of the gold plating since I really wanted to use this watch as a beater. I'm still conscious of the plating because I'm not sure how thick/long lasting it will be but probably nothing to worry about.

Reactions: Owl1789

Owl1789

Patron
13/5/23
Switzerland
I have to say, I'm a little disappointed about the clasp. It's like showing up to the Oscars in a stunning designer gown, only to realize you've got a toilet paper trail stuck to your shoe. A minor hiccup in the grand scheme of things, but a hiccup nonetheless :D

LazardLizard

schizophrénie
12/3/23
Belarus
I have to say, I'm a little disappointed about the clasp. It's like showing up to the Oscars in a stunning designer gown, only to realize you've got a toilet paper trail stuck to your shoe. A minor hiccup in the grand scheme of things, but a hiccup nonetheless :D
But in general from the pictures the watch looks amazing

Reactions: Owl1789

Kid__watchmaker

2/5/22
Just got a 3KF 5167a for comparison, and there is definitely a noticeable difference in thickness. The caseback is thinner on the 3kf and it really shows (in a good way). Also the clasp is much better than zf and has no gap, but I’ve read it might just depend on how you cut the strap so idk. Tbh after having zf and 3kf in hand, 3k wins purely because of the thickness difference. The winding and time setting isn’t sturdy feeling with the 3kf clone movement but I doubt it will cause any issues.

Kid__watchmaker

2/5/22
Another downside with the 3kf is that the brushed finish on the bezel looks a little too pronounced but i’d have to see a gen to really compare.