• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF New Release: Vacheron Constantin Overseas 4500V, four colors

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Thats nonsense - I have a gen blue dial in hand and almost picked up my ZF thinking it was gen, they are very very close. ZF have done an amazing job.

Agreed. People keep comparing pics taken under different lighting/angles/exposures/saturation and drawing silly conclusions.

locvs

7/12/20
Germany
I also think the blue dial is really close to gen. ZF 4500V blue is much better than the AP Royal Oak Reps blue.

So far the problems with this Rep seem to be dial and dw alignment. Get an alignet dial and dw and you'll be happy.

IMO this is a strong contender for overall Rep of the year. Even if a fully functional Patek 5712 appears!

pateknaut

Horology Curious
28/5/22
I own an gen overseas. One thing I notice right away is that the maltese cross on the bracelet clasp never seem perfectly aligned...

Reactions: KilltheDeath

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I own an gen overseas. One thing I notice right away is that the maltese cross on the bracelet clasp never seem perfectly aligned...

Wasn’t the gen released 6-7 years ago or something? So, depending on how some people have worn theirs, used ones that have been repolished for sale purposes, could have clasp pins that are loosened up / stretched, with play etc resulting in a misaligned cross. So yeh, I don’t think the bracelet cross is an issue on a supposedly 7yr old watch but I get different things bother different people.

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
I also think the blue dial is really close to gen. ZF 4500V blue is much better than the AP Royal Oak Reps blue.

So far the problems with this Rep seem to be dial and dw alignment. Get an alignet dial and dw and you'll be happy.

IMO this is a strong contender for overall Rep of the year. Even if a fully functional Patek 5712 appears!

full functional ppf 5712 have a arrived and they screw up the dial sadly :(, looks like you still need to put the old dial in the new watch

MaxAndPaddy

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
26/5/22
Crewe
brown produce a red hue compared to the "chestnut brown" of the gen.
but i dont think anyone in the wild would be able to spot that.
i want the blue or black with rubber, very tempting

Blue with rubber would be a nice choice.

I doubt a lot of people where I’m from would know who Vacheron Constantin are anyway, that’s why I’m drawn to them really, not very robbery prone lol.

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
Blue with rubber would be a nice choice.

I doubt a lot of people where I’m from would know who Vacheron Constantin are anyway, that’s why I’m drawn to them really, not very robbery prone lol.

even me when started watch collecting, no idea what a vacheron is anyway ???? have fun with yours

bunny123

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
18/7/18
Thats nonsense - I have a gen blue dial in hand and almost picked up my ZF thinking it was gen, they are very very close. ZF have done an amazing job.

bro i have been offered gen blue dial for 2500 USD ,, just in two minds. any suggestions?

solduvel

Horology Curious
23/11/20
Just ordered a white one. I have too many black faced watches and the blue one doesnt really do it for me.