• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Audemars Piguet Royak Oak 15500ST.OO.1220ST.03 Brief Review + AD Experiment Conclusion

Zer666

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
8/3/22
Since many of you have already purchased or read multiple other reviews about the infamous ZF Royal Oak 15500, I shan’t be talking at length, but will, instead, address the main aspects of the watch briefly, as well as attach some photographs, albeit subpar in quality to give you, the readership yet another example of the timepiece.

Z Factory (ZF) is known for it‘s almost immaculate watches when it comes to their AP like, and rightly so. The ZF AP RO 15500ST.OO.1220ST.03 is, indeed, a watch deserving high praise in attention to detail, notably a pattern emblazoned dial with sunburst reflective properties and the alternating ‘brush’ and ‘mirror’ polish of both, the case and the bracelet. “That’s only to be expected for $500” one might say… and I agree. But celebrate not, for even a replica watch as advanced and perfected as the aforementioned RO comes with certain flaws — most notably: the movement. Whilst the exterior finishing of the watch may allow it to pass off as the real deal, even to those in the know, being worn on the wrist, the rather disappointing quality of the movement finishing and the loud rotor is a striking contrast to the otherwise well made piece. To prove this theory, I have taken my watch to 2 Authorized Dealers in my area: in one AD, I have simply had the watch on my wrist and, unsurprisingly, received genuine and enthusiastic commentary and questions from the SA marvelling at such a rare watch and wondering how I acquired it —> results: the first AD failed to recognise the watch as a replica (knowing some of you might say that the assistant was merely being nice, I must note that the obviously genuine reaction of the SA spoke louder than words). Fast forward to the second AD, I have taken the watch off and left it on the table to see how the SA reacts. Once again, as expected, the SA checked out the watch (this time seeing the movement) as I was trying on one of the pieces they brought me, but there was an astounding difference in the reaction from the second AD, where the SA seemed concerned rather than overjoyed, that is, as I suppose, because he was able to instantly spot the replica movement inside the actual watch, which brings me to the inescapable conclusion that one can wear the ZF AP RO 15500ST.OO.1220ST.03 with confidence, so long as one doesn’t take it off to reveal the movement, or vigorously shake one’s hand to make the rotor spin loudly out of control.

P..DR..D

KING OF BALD ARMS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Unfortunately you broke a cardinal rule Sir.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...itution-of-rwi

1 / F / 4
zLNjX8.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: clk168 and joeyc

3rdpirate

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
4/10/17
What a moronic story.

Buying a beautiful watch for the wrong reasons.

Reactions: clk168

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21
You really shouldn't bring a rep to an AD and discuss it with an SA with whom you're not familiar.

They'll likely treat you snobbishly or badly after that because they will either think that you are too poor to afford the real thing or have no interest in buying gen watches from them.

It's like going to the Vatican to read the Satanic bible to the Pope. It's a bad idea.

Reactions: clk168 and BIONONE

momokurai

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/2/22
What a waste of story which accomplishes nothing. Just wear with confidence and not act smart by bring to the AD for some social experiment.

Reactions: clk168

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Ummm..... Beyond all the obvious things such as breaking one of our Cardinal rules by wearing a replica intentionally into an authorized dealer, The only thing you've done is prove a point which is very well known. Unless you have a clone movement, there will be significant tells in any display case back watch when viewed from the movement display side. On the wrist from a couple feet away no one is going to be able to discern any number of the superreps around here, and the closed case back models a fair number of them even if you were to hand it over they would not be called out without a detailed inspection.