• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
It is a solution, however I would argue it is impractical (you know me, I love to argue) haha. But that's very good news that it fits - thank you for confirming that for me. To be honest with you, once I saw the prices of a single link, I knew that 1.5 links would be stupidly expensive. It's not a question of costs to me, but principle. I would feel robbed to pay ~£400 for a link, when the entire watch cost £400. It wouldn't sit right in my brain...

I guess that's the joys of working in Finance, turns you into a bean counter eventually! :)

Here’s the thing, modding a watch can easily double the cost of the watch. Do hundreds of RWI members pay for it? Yes. Is it worth it? To me, it is.

There are Frankens that people build that can exceed $5,000! To me, that’s not worth it, but paying $500 for mods on a $500 rep is completely worth it. And if you’re someone who has a wrist that requires the 1.5 link, then it’s worth it IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: legend

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
May i say without offending anyone that that 1.5 link spoils the design of the bracelet ?

I respectfully disagree, if anything it’s a great talking point and conversation starter. It also adds to the overall gen-like feel of the watch considering you have a part that is completely unavailable in rep form.

Last edited:

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
J, lets face it, you are NOT a good benchmark for most of the guys here.
Guys like you will buy the entire building because you like the painting on one of the walls on the 16th floor. lol

Hahaha, fair point my friend!

Reactions: legend

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I respectfully disagree, if anything it’s a great talking point and conversation starter. It also adds to the overall gen-like feel of the watch considering you have a part that is completely unavailable in rep form.

regardless of rep or gen, to me it's altering the design of the iconic bracelet and sticks out like a sore thumb. My opinion obviously.

repreg123

7/8/19
Yes, agreed completely on AP. Their current CEO has lost his mind! Instead of refining the current 40 year old product line, he develops Marvel comic themed watches and devalues the overall brand image!

I always wondered what was up with these hideous offshores...

matadore

Do not accept unsolicited offers
28/4/20
Hi guys, I hate to be that guy, but I've got my QC pics after 3 weeks or so. I think the screws are misaligned. What do you think and can I unscrew or screw them further to align with the hexagon? So far I see 4 of them over screwed - the top 2 and the 2 left side lower side. Thanks

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hi guys, I hate to be that guy, but I've got my QC pics after 3 weeks or so. I think the screws are misaligned. What do you think and can I unscrew or screw them further to align with the hexagon? So far I see 4 of them over screwed - the top 2 and the 2 left side lower side. Thanks

If you try to adjust the bezel screws from the front, you’ll be truly.. screwed.
You adjust them by removing the caseback screws and doing fine adjustments from there for each of the 8 bezel screws. You will need a 4 prong screwdriver to remove the collars you find when you remove the caseback screws.

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20

The screws are NOT misaligned. Go compare it to a gen photo.

Reactions: RonP and Lariram

Dragonfly35

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
29/4/20
Sunny country
You will need a 4 prong screwdriver to remove the collars you find when you remove the caseback screws.

Sorry mate, are you sure about this? Cause in my Zf 15500 there are no 4 prong collar screws, but the caseback screws have the thread for directly thightening the upper bezel screws.
In the JF Roo diver, 4 pong screws are present. Not in the 15500 Zf.
Just to know, maybe this is a lack in mine

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Sorry mate, are you sure about this? Cause in my Zf 15500 there are no 4 prong screws, but the caseback screws have the thread for directly thightening the upper bezel screws.
In the JF Roo diver, 4 pong screws are present. Not in the 15500 Zf.
Just to know, maybe this is a lack in mine

I’ve seen some rep royal oaks with this and some without. Can’t remember what factory or which watch.
The collar nuts are not the main points here. The point is that the bezel screws cannot be adjusted from the bezel side. Don’t be too concerned if your watch came with (or without) these. I think that it’s totally fine either way.

Snil

Certified
18/8/20
Nordic
Anyone got experience with the rep rubber straps? I can't find anything between a gen/rubberB or like $20 one on AliExpress.
Appreciate any feedback

kubectl

Getting To Know The Place
28/8/19
Quick question. Is the ZF 15500 bracelet compatible with the JF 15400?

Sent from my SM-F916B using Tapatalk

fu-ore

Getting To Know The Place
19/6/21
Hi at everyone!
I'm thinking of getting a 15500. I admit that I did not read all the pages - My simple question: Is there someone in Germany who could silence the rotor or do any mods on a rep?

PM if so, Thank you all and I keep reading.... :)

baia64

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/16
Italia
Hi at everyone!
I'm thinking of getting a 15500. I admit that I did not read all the pages - My simple question: Is there someone in Germany who could silence the rotor or do any mods on a rep?

PM if so, Thank you all and I keep reading.... :)

Domi.

Reactions: fu-ore

Kang_salavtore

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Gentleman, what is the size of the rubber strap of the 15500, 26mm or 27mm ?

Sent from my LIO-AL00 using Tapatalk

Reactions: dsi

Guglhupfer

Known Member
26/6/21
Does somebody by chance have a 18,5cm / 7,3inch weist and can post a wristshot with a 15500 oder 15400?
i would love to get one but I am worried about the size. I read that it is more like 43mm watch, which would be ok, but I am still worried.
Thanks!

Sonofalich

James
Supporter
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Does somebody by chance have a 18,5cm / 7,3inch weist and can post a wristshot with a 15500 oder 15400?
i would love to get one but I am worried about the size. I read that it is more like 43mm watch, which would be ok, but I am still worried.
Thanks!

Get the 15500, better rep and it will look fine.

Reactions: Guglhupfer