• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15450 Bezel Screw Sizes

Dutlin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
23/7/23
United States
Does anyone know the size or have a link for the bezel screw parts on the ap 15450? One of mine disappeared today.

dizon

Looking Around
22/1/20
Sorry to necro a thread, but same thing happened to me. Did you ever find a replacement @Dutlin ?

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
How do they disappear? Are they not threaded, just glued?

speedywombat

Supporter
Certified
29/7/23
How do they disappear? Are they not threaded, just glued?
I've had that happen to my ZF 15710 and what happened is that the screws are tightened too much so it just snaps inside, then they fall off.

speedywombat

Supporter
Certified
29/7/23
got a replacement from a TD but it wasn’t an exact fit for the back of the case so it sticks out. If anyone finds the right one let me know
I had similar experience with my ZF 15710, the replacement screw from the TD differs just a little bit. Only noticeable if you look for it and thankfully from the front side it still matches. From this experience, finding exact same screw might be difficult because seems like ZF has variations going from one batch to another.

Dutlin

Supporter
Certified
23/7/23
United States
If I had a small lathe it soundly be too bad to sand down the diameter so it would fit. Agree with that it’s probably not worth it and just going to live with the bump on the back. Can’t feel it so it’s fine. Chalk it up to a learning to tighten all screws on these darn Apps and a dab of good ole blue loctite.

Reactions: speedywombat

tc1709

15/12/15
I seem to have a similar problem with my ZF 15450. Caseback screws are very loose upon arrival.
I thightened them myself, but seem to still be coming loose.

Dutlin

Supporter
Certified
23/7/23
United States
I seem to have a similar problem with my ZF 15450. Caseback screws are very loose upon arrival.
I thightened them myself, but seem to still be coming loose.
Add just a dab of blue 242 loctite. Normally comes in a red container but liquid is blue. Do not get red version it will never come off.