• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Alternatives?

UkBionic

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
25/1/20
NW England
Hi all,
So i placed an order for the ZF 15500 V3 with my dealer, a day or two before the news of the raids. Unfortunately this has meant no QC and uncertain whether or not they will actually open again. Seems that they will be out for a while, if they are coming back at all. What would you AP fans do in my situation? I was really looking forward to my first APRO. Alternatives could include the APSF 15500, or choosing a diff watch altogether. Are the differences between the ZF and APSF all that noticeable?
Given that ZF made a lot of top reps for AP, what will you guys be doing now? Thanks in advance
Tom

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Hi all,
So i placed an order for the ZF 15500 V3 with my dealer, a day or two before the news of the raids. Unfortunately this has meant no QC and uncertain whether or not they will actually open again. Seems that they will be out for a while, if they are coming back at all. What would you AP fans do in my situation? I was really looking forward to my first APRO. Alternatives could include the APSF 15500, or choosing a diff watch altogether. Are the differences between the ZF and APSF all that noticeable?
Given that ZF made a lot of top reps for AP, what will you guys be doing now? Thanks in advance
Tom
I suggest you wait awhile until you hear something more definitive.

Reactions: UkBionic

silentcut

Known Member
28/6/23
Hawaii
i placed an order for the same watch today and i contacted Puretime yesterday. They mentioned watch is in stock. I'm assuming factories should be open ?

Reactions: UkBionic

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
i placed an order for the same watch today and i contacted Puretime yesterday. They mentioned watch is in stock. I'm assuming factories should be open ?

Well, this means primarily that the watch is in production (according to the TD's knowledge). This does NOT mean that a factory could not be TEMPORARILY closed or other issues could arise that could lead to extreme delays of up to a few months.

The most important thing is to be patient and not freak out if after 3 months you still haven't received even just QC.

Our dealers are trusted for a reason, your funds are as safe as it could possibly be in this very gray zone of trade.

I think you will get your watch within a reasonable amount of time, because this is how it goes in most cases. If there are delays though, do not come back to freak out and publicly accuse the TD to be "scammers". It won't do anything to escalate your case, and only make you look like a massive dolt to the community. Check similar threads and name a single instance where this wasn't the case as described above. 😂

So... Sit back... Relax... Be cool. This is the rep game.

It's not Amazon where "on stock" means literally on stock. You will (in most cases) eventually get your watch. If it becomes unavailable during ordering, there are many ways to resolve this, ranging from changing to another model or factory to a simple refund.

Rule #1 in TD transactions:

Season 3 Reaction GIF by American Gods

silentcut

Known Member
28/6/23
Hawaii
Well, this means primarily that the watch is in production (according to the TD's knowledge). This does NOT mean that a factory could not be TEMPORARILY closed or other issues could arise that could lead to extreme delays of up to a few months.

The most important thing is to be patient and not freak out if after 3 months you still haven't received even just QC.

Our dealers are trusted for a reason, your funds are as safe as it could possibly be in this very gray zone of trade.

I think you will get your watch within a reasonable amount of time, because this is how it goes in most cases. If there are delays though, do not come back to freak out and publicly accuse the TD to be "scammers". It won't do anything to escalate your case, and only make you look like a massive dolt to the community. Check similar threads and name a single instance where this wasn't the case as described above. 😂

So... Sit back... Relax... Be cool. This is the rep game.

It's not Amazon where "on stock" means literally on stock. You will (in most cases) eventually get your watch. If it becomes unavailable during ordering, there are many ways to resolve this, ranging from changing to another model or factory to a simple refund.

Rule #1 in TD transactions:

Season 3 Reaction GIF by American Gods
Yes. Thank you. I understand the reality and i will be patient. I was just explaining my personal knowledge dealing with a TD regarding the same watch.

Reactions: eBoy