• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 15400 - First pictures

vh997tt

Known Member
Certified
24/5/15
Oh, a new one. Hope there will be a batch with black dial.

It would be nice to see a new improved bracelet, more close to gen, todays feels like a toy.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Oh, a new one. Hope there will be a batch with black dial.

It would be nice to see a new improved bracelet, more close to gen, todays feels like a toy.

Zf 15400 black dial doesn't exist?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
What do you want to improve from the v1?

It is a meaningless aspect of the hobby where guys always wish for a Version n+1.
Look at the AP diver for example.. more than 3 factories and 12 iterations later, it is still not perfect.
I think the rep Rolex sub has an even longer history. There is the gen and there is the rep and guys should learn to enjoy the rep for what it is. Most of them are awesome for the price.

fabilud

Horology Curious
23/3/20
hi guys,
I got my ZF15400 (blue dial) end of last year - what a beautiful piece! I am pretty happy with this watch, except of the "sharp" edges on the bracelet.
Any experience how to get rid of it or at least improve it?

Cheers

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
hi guys,
I got my ZF15400 (blue dial) end of last year - what a beautiful piece! I am pretty happy with this watch, except of the "sharp" edges on the bracelet.

Cheers

I have the same, sharp edge have been reported to be same (approx) on gen.
You can still send it to a modder or DIY for *arrange* the edge.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I have the same, sharp edge have been reported to be same (approx) on gen.
You can still send it to a modder or DIY for *arrange* the edge.

You are correct. Some gen royal oaks have sharper edges than the other. I mentioned before that I had to manually soften the bracelet edges of my gen grey 15500 and one of the my gen 15400s.
Gen bracelet isn't all that magical. They are steel and exhibit the standard characteristics and temperament of steel. Its just that some bracelets are finished better than the others. The thing is you seldom get gen owners complaining about the bracelet edges, mostly because they are unaware of it. Most gen owners I know are ignorant of this until it has been pointed out to them.

Reactions: Allure

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
hi guys,

Cheers

Word.
I have a 15500 on the way and searched the DIY area for smoothing the bracelet. No luck. Can one of you AP fixing brothers give a quick idea of what tool, (dremel, fine sandpaper, elbow grease) one can use to make the bracelet less "Sharp"?

exacten

Known Member
31/10/19
Word.
I have a 15500 on the way and searched the DIY area for smoothing the bracelet. No luck. Can one of you AP fixing brothers give a quick idea of what tool, (dremel, fine sandpaper, elbow grease) one can use to make the bracelet less "Sharp"?

perhaps using some scotch brite will do the trick :confused:

Reactions: NightShot

Genta2014

Patron
Certified
31/3/14
How is the ZF Datewheel of 15400 Blue when you compare it to the JF V5 Blue dial datewheel ?

Genta2014

Patron
Certified
31/3/14
Both Datewheels looks the same to me .

Is it worth buying a Genuine datewheel when you compare it to the Rep datewheel?