• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 15400 - First pictures

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
It is about the decoration of the movement - no one ever said that you can expect a 3120 clone - even though ZF is one of the biggest players this AP journey seems to be a side project looking at the over all line up of their reps.

anyways - it is about the decoration because the way they use the 9015 is demanding how thin it can be.

it is quite exciting as ZF/PPF managed to thin their models drastically down by using the base movement and its bridges (custom balance cock) with a way thinner decorative plate. Unlike JF where the 9015 is left untouched but instead a 2mm thick deco plate is almost glued on top of it.

we already stated that the 9015 is thinner than the 3120 gen calibre.
and seeing how ZF solves the deco problem will tell us more about their standard and future releases (15202, 15500 etc.)

and to end this rant - i dont expect the deco to look decent. It can be the same tin foil look like with any other decorated movement as long as they get the dimensions right - no sane rep enthusiast would expect the movement to be comparable to the gen lol.

have a great day haha :D

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
and to end this rant - i dont expect the deco to look decent. It can be the same tin foil look like with any other decorated movement as long as they get the dimensions right

Whatever they do to the decoration, it will still be the same miyota 9015 movement. It won’t fool anyone no matter how well decorated it is. Put premium finishings and engravings on it, And it’ll be like putting premium furniture in a shabby apartment.

Your post actually focused more on the resultant thickness as a result of the movement/decoration than the movement per se and I agree that it will be a refreshing change over the JF one. Movement will of course be another completely wrong iteration but on the wrist, nobody will be able to see the movement. The correct thickness will be something I look forward to as you know how it can change the geometry and feel of wearing the watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d3xophen

Renowned Member
15/9/18
For me I hate deco movement with closed caseback. LOL
For example, ARF daytona. Because of that deco movement ARF is 1mm thicker.

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
For me I hate deco movement with closed caseback. LOL
For example, ARF daytona. Because of that deco movement ARF is 1mm thicker.

You’re right. Closed caseback dispenses with the need for decorated movements, at least visually. But the decoration and finish is being discussed here precisely because the 15400 is a see-through caseback model. I prefer see-through casebacks in the gen and it’s one reason I replaced my older models with the newer 26470s. :)

Reactions: Allure

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Screws very bad , really this’s ZF !!
I hope 15703 not like this.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
6580090cf830662f76db913b44e03253.jpg

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
I‘m impressed.

They achieved the best V1 they could have released.

Look at JFs V5 on the website and compare those shots to this beauty from ZF (in relation to what beauty is in the rep world of course).

Reactions: Nivka

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Ill be honest this looks a million miles better than that crappy first picture. Im going to get one just to have a look at, very interesting.

Reactions: Swiss Maiden

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I agree that it’s a good effort by ZF. Hands are still obviously off and movement is the same cheap one, but assessing it as a replica, it seems to be a better job than the Jf one especially where the case is concerned. Good first impression.

Reactions: Allure

JG0523

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/6/19
This looks decent for a V1. I'll pick one up too. Near-gen case thickness is impressive.

Reactions: Swiss Maiden

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
Will it come also with white dial?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk