• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Zenith 400 Calibre converted to Rolex 4030

LuminorReptar

RepTime BST Mod
27/3/17
Beyond the Pines.
Hey guys

I had a quick question regarding the Zenith 400 calibre movement, that I'm hoping one of our resident experts here might be able to shed some light on...

I have noticed that the Zenith El Primero Defy (running the Z400) is equipped with a date complication. The crown pulls out to two positions (1- quick-set date setting / 2- time setting).

The Rolex 4030 is time-only, and therefore the crown should only pull out to one setting.

I was looking at the setting lever for the Z400 & the Rolex 4030, thinking that a new setting lever would help convert the Z400 to a one-setting only crown function.

Photo enclosed of the part in question (from Z400):

Strangely enough. When I found the corresponding Rolex part for this, 4030-230, I have noticed it appears identical to the setting lever for the Z400.. :

So I suppose my question is two-fold....

1. Is this not the correct part to adjust the crown setting, to change it from a 2-setting crown to just a 1-setting.. ?

2. If it is not the correct part, then could someone please help guide me as to what is the correct method & part required to make this change to the Z400 movement?

Thanks to all who've had a gander at this post. Hoping one of you smarty-pants can help a brother out here.

Cheers