• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

YES I've used the search function lol. AP ROO Grey Theme NOOB VS J12

kamellip

Known Member
24/3/14
Yes I know that theres a search function, lol. And yes, I have searched but I needed some of your feedback to help assist.

Topic: AP ROO Grey Theme aka Elephant - J12 vs Noob version comparison

I am simply trying to determine whether I should get the J12 or Noob version of the Grey Theme. I know the main drawback to this watch is that the grey dial isn't accurate compared to the gen.

Dial Color:
Who is touted as making a better dial color for this watch? J12 or Noob?

Movement/Reliability: J12 wins here right?

Date Wheel: I keep reading that people are swapping their J12 DW for the Noob DW, so I assume the Noob beats J12 in this category.

Strap: J12 wins here right?

THANKS!!!

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14

Dial Color:
Who is touted as making a better dial color for this watch? J12 or Noob?

Movement/Reliability: J12 wins here right?

Date Wheel: I keep reading that people are swapping their J12 DW for the Noob DW, so I assume the Noob beats J12 in this category.

Strap: J12 wins here right?

JF
JF
Noob
Gen - aftermarket, all rep leather straps aren't a jackpot, some are decent some total shite.

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
I would get the JF version, however the dial is terrible green looking and not grey, very far from gen. JF has an issue with the grrey dials with the exception of the Lebron they did very well. The strap on the JF is better than Noob, the crystal will be better on JF, and the new version will have the dial plates on JF. If I had to pick one, JF all the way. However, sadly I never got this ROO simply because the dial color was way off.

Good Luck!

kamellip

Known Member
24/3/14
I would get the JF version, however the dial is terrible green looking and not grey, very far from gen. JF has an issue with the grrey dials with the exception of the Lebron they did very well. The strap on the JF is better than Noob, the crystal will be better on JF, and the new version will have the dial plates on JF. If I had to pick one, JF all the way. However, sadly I never got this ROO simply because the dial color was way off.

Good Luck!

I agree with you regarding the "greenish" dial, although I have never seen one in person, only in pics and those largely rely on lighting. Does is look green in person? If so, then its a deal killer for me.

Would love to hear from some current owners!

spursian

Supporter
Certified
1/7/14
It's really dark as compared to the gen. You can barely see the numbers. It's a nice understated watch but if you're looking for color accuracy, it's way off. I sold mine few months ago.

kamellip

Known Member
24/3/14
It's really dark as compared to the gen. You can barely see the numbers. It's a nice understated watch but if you're looking for color accuracy, it's way off. I sold mine few months ago.

I wish I would have seen it, would have loved to take it off your hands. The problem with me is that I don't really like having bold colors on a watch (Im a Panerai guy), so that eliminates a lot of ROO models. The gen pics of the Grey Theme look amazing, but nothing close to in person; I checked one out at the boutique here and its definitely NOT as dark and gunmetal as per the stock photos.

barth

5/10/12
One thread would be enough I guess mate. This is your 3rd one about the same watch...

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
Yup, i also think you should not start a new thread for every new question about the same watch.

Sent from my iPhone 6