• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Excelent work on my 16610

911flyer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
15/10/13
EU
Hi guys,

I wanted to share a success story with you all...

I sent my TC 16610LV to SSTEEL in Finland for some tweaks and insert install. The results are absolutely stunning and I could not be happier with the watch. Its so nice, words do not do it justice.

Whats been done?

Gen 16610 flat four insert install
TC V3 bracelet and V4 clasp
Gen spec brushed links
Ultra sonic cleaning
Oil bath
Custom bracelet by adding 2 solid links and 93250 stamp
Time graph test
Lubed O-rings
Preassure test to 6atm - flying colors! :thumbsup:

Watch is stunning!!

Here is a link to pictures of the process and the final product. Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4kdublycg1j4ool/aFe7ERnLgt

Great thanks to SSTEEL in Finland for all his help, his skills are hands down the best I've encountered and his communications through out the entire process are flawless. I highly recommend this guy.

Love this watch!

Cheers!

Edward

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Glad to of had the pleasure to work on your TC my friend. Happy to hear that you are pleased with the work. It reminded me so much of my genuine Sub when I finished it, brought back fond memories :)

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06
Nice! I must say that is an interesting combination- LV dial with a flat 4 insert.
But you're good to 6 atms, happy diving!

dbane883

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/12
Whats the sand trick all about? rub bracelet in sand to get different depth of "scratches" for that unique Rollie sheen? I dont think I've ever seen that before.

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Whats the sand trick all about? rub bracelet in sand to get different depth of "scratches" for that unique Rollie sheen? I dont think I've ever seen that before.

No trick, no sand, just experience with brushed stainless steel, and how to perfect the grain/brush just right. I have a eight stage process for each bracelet I do to get the brushed finish correct.

arcadia

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/11
I like it. You can really find a good smith anywhere in the world, including Finland.

Hey steel, would you be open in doing bracelet mods with that 93250 marking?

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
I like it. You can really find a good smith anywhere in the world, including Finland.

Hey steel, would you be open in doing bracelet mods with that 93250 marking?

Sorry, no, this was a one off.

911flyer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
15/10/13
EU
Nice! I must say that is an interesting combination- LV dial with a flat 4 insert.
But you're good to 6 atms, happy diving!

Love that maxi dial mate - I just had to combine it with the coolest LN insert! Don't be a hater, player.. ;) and that 6atm was a must. I really do use it for diving. Mexico in 60 days! Hitting riviera maya again! :)

The bracelet really made this watch excellent! Thanks again Michael - It's super sweet!!

Cheers!

Sent from my sub using helium