• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Yacht-Master 42mm 226659 GMF

Bstanbury

Horology Curious
5/4/20
Will work out how to post a wrist roll video - in the meantime a few more pics - got this from puretimewatch.io - very happy with their responsiveness & service overall.

The movement is smooth, cyclops is straight, I'm no expert on any of this but not found any glaring issues as yet - I did see another review where the chromalight color was uneven & the date adjustment stuck - none of those issues here

xcarrerassanchez

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/4/20
I am quite curious about the GMF Vs NOOb Vs ARF. Don't you think that ARF will be a better rep?

Bstanbury

Horology Curious
5/4/20
Couldn't tell you I'm afraid - from what I read before buying, this was the most recent rep of the 42mm Yacht Master & rightly or wrongly that influenced my decision. I give the build quality 10/10 for everything except the bezel & ceramic insert - which have a slightly cheaper feel to them than the rest of the watch.

Aventador S

6/5/19
I have the BP version already which doesn't compare too well with my gen, but will check this one in more detail. Expecting it to take at least a month to receive though. The high price is probably because there is no good rep out yet. Hoping Noob will jump on it.

Following up on this - did the GMF version make it for your review against your gen ? The 226659 is on my shortlist of rep's to acquire and sure would like to get one that has good reviews..

Last edited:
Reactions: Swiss_goupil

Aventador S

6/5/19
Bstanbury - just wanted to say thanks for posting the all the photos.
How is that watch for keeping time, screw in post mechanism, clasp adjustment, band / bracelet feel and strength (gen has internal metal band), rotating bezel feel, and any real wearing observations.

bigbangtkh

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
28/1/16
Can i know what is the size of this strap lug ? 20 or 21mm?

Bstanbury

Horology Curious
5/4/20
Bstanbury - just wanted to say thanks for posting the all the photos.
How is that watch for keeping time, screw in post mechanism, clasp adjustment, band / bracelet feel and strength (gen has internal metal band), rotating bezel feel, and any real wearing observations.

No problem at all! Glad they’ve been helpful. The watch has been keeping time well assuming I wear it everyday. I’m not sure how long it should keep going without movement, but I didn’t wear it last weekend & it lost ~30minutes - I’ll keep an eye on that so I can provide more specific details next time. Screw in post mechanism is solid, moves easily between wind, time & date adjust - no issues there. The quality of the clasp is excellent - the band doesn’t have a lot of adjustment so that’s something to be aware of - if I can work out how to post a quick video of how the internal adjustment on the strap works I’ll add that.

I don’t think this strap has any internal metal band - just from flexing it there might be a thin metal strip at the top where the watch meets the strap - but definitely not down closer to the clasp.

Rotation of the bezel is smooth & has a nice click with each rotation - as I’d noted earlier my only grip there is the quality of the metal used to construct the bezel - just seems like tin or some cheaper metal.

One other thing I had noticed on closer inspection of pics of the gen face is that the white text is a little off - thinner text & a slightly more washed white color. Minor gripes.

Actually now that it’s picking up small signs of wear if anything it looks better - definitely wearing in nicely. I add some additional photos shortly.

Happy to answer any questions as best I can & provide pics as requested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
f45cfd61371622492dde917a27a8ce99.jpg

to help you out here..

bigbangtkh

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
28/1/16
Got to be honest with you, I don’t know what a strap lug is - I’ll google it & measure when I get a chance

Hi,by any chance u measure the lug size ?

Aventador S

6/5/19
"Rotation of the bezel is smooth & has a nice click with each rotation - as I’d noted earlier my only grip there is the quality of the metal used to construct the bezel - just seems like tin or some cheaper metal."
Perhaps others with greater knowledge, or may have a genuine to compare with, can comment on this issue. Could this "cheaper" feel be because of the ceramic bezel material? I don't know how a ceramic bezel would feel compared to an all metal one.....

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Looks like the hands may be a different shade to the dial markers

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Looks like the hands may be a different shade to the dial markers

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
I have the BP version already which doesn't compare too well with my gen, but will check this one in more detail. Expecting it to take at least a month to receive though. The high price is probably because there is no good rep out yet. Hoping Noob will jump on it.

mate, any update on this?

drferrari1

Known Member
13/8/20
CONUS
Hi all, I am really interested in getting this 226659 GMF 904L but have my doubts regard quality. That GMF is pretty much the best out there. Does anybody can comment on the pictures kindly uploaded in this post? I have read that ARF are sort of the best but isn't available as yet

kiki@oe

8/2/20
Hey guys. Sorry about the long silence. I got a first version of the GMF and the hands were loose inside, so big hassle, tried to send it back etc. Then I ordered another one and it arrived but also has some quality issues (crown stuck etc.) so I would not recommend and will wait for a better version from Noob or higher quality factory.

Reactions: drferrari1