• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Xtal swap on cf dj

DenisT95

Horology Curious
6/2/24
hey guys, i‘m about to pull the trigger on a CF DJ41. I know that the xtal is a weak point of the cf, so the TD offered me to install a deep xtal directly upon purchase for an additional charge. The question that arises for me is whether the xtal offered is worth it or can I find significantly better alternatives on Ali Express or eBay e.g.

The offered xtal is this one, so maybe done of you have already experienced with this one.

Best regards

Denis

J.reaper

Horology Curious
12/9/22
I know it doesn’t directly answer you question, but CF since 2023 have updated their crystals. They did initially have some issues with pre 2023 models. I have just received a GMT Rootbeer from Clean and the crystal / cyclops is the same, if not better than the xtals so could be worth sticking with stock on this one. Just my opinion, J.

asusundevils1971

Your Parents Warned You To Stay Away From Me.
Supporter
23/2/23
Canada
I have the Clean DJ 41 and as mentioned above they did improve the crystal in 2023 and I'm happy with it.

The Deep crystal will be an improvement from the stock Clean crystal and if you can get it installed from the TD then go for it. If you have the know how and feel comfortable replacing the crystal yourself then you can buy it directly (link below) from David.

Reactions: DenisT95