• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF V2 AP Diver Ceramic is out

Jaykay47

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/18
Cant believe I’m saying this about a rep but it’s a little too thin... the genuine case thickness is 14mm, this one is 12mm. Still looks great though. Will they be making a regular steel version? Would love it with a nice white dial

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
and there should be a low beat movement (23J, if I recall correctly) coming along with this version as well

thewatcher

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
5/8/12
But the dial still looks glossy by pictures, not as matte as gen or H-Fac.

nine

Known Member
17/9/13
Cant believe I’m saying this about a rep but it’s a little too thin... the genuine case thickness is 14mm, this one is 12mm. Still looks great though. Will they be making a regular steel version? Would love it with a nice white dial

12mm ? I don't think so, there maybe a mistake.

mosh_2k7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
28/9/10
Is this the best version so far, without doing any mods?

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
It isn't 12mm thick. The TDs never have the right thicknesses on their websites

Eulise

Renowned Member
7/5/16
Looks amazing, anyone bought it yet?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

nine

Known Member
17/9/13
I had one pcs 15707 (21600) . It is in good price for 278USD for review,A23 jellews movement .
I get it to rebiuld into ETA low beat movement.

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12

it will be 14mm mate. Is that white dial diver in your pic yours? how good is it?

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Hands and counter ring are matching and look both great IMHO.

I think they could improve the brushing on the bezel...

BUT the dial looks still shitty.
Incorrect Tapisserie pattern of each square.

old H-Fac dial was the best...
What a shame H-maker was shut down by police.

On this particular model they messed up the whole watch with their V1 dial from their old FC diver. No improvements on this. Still that nipple or bubble foil look.

Cannot understand how JF got everything right on the ugly Neon-Diver-Series but everyone else makes the same mistakes over and over again. Even JF could update his White dial diver to the correct Tapisserie size and surface finish.

Anyways - the over all look is ok, the ceramic finish is good too but as already mentioned the dial is a deal breaker even with that 23j mvmt.

Last edited:

mosh_2k7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
28/9/10
Thanks for the detailed comment! I’ll stay clear from this watch, for the time being!

BIONONE

28/4/17
Thanks for the detailed comment! I’ll stay clear from this watch, for the time being!

If you are abled to wrap your hands around an H-Fac dial then this version is a very good base for a modded non-franken i think.

A rebrush for the bezel as stated above and i think the watch is good to go. If you are picky then add a Mickey or Legend Datewheel for the A2836 version. I like the fact that they don't use the 9015 anymore as there are more options regarding modding and stuff.

Maybe they will come up with an updated version of the dial in the future...

Anyways - I'm excited about JF's work on their new 2018 diver collection - Maybe they will add up the old 2015 white dial diver to their update-list and rework the whole series of 15710ST dials with the correct tapisserie pattern including the ceramic diver.

BIONONE

28/4/17
I still have the feeling that nothing beats JF in the diver game at the moment :D

even if XF/V6 dropped a hot one out of the box with their forged carbon diver V2...

thewatcher

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
5/8/12
Does anyone know which ceramic Diver on the market is the best? Noob, JF or XF?
(I know all of them have the wrong dial tho..)

BIONONE

28/4/17
Does anyone know which ceramic Diver on the market is the best? Noob, JF or XF?
(I know all of them have the wrong dial tho..)

brushing and movement is IMO the best on the new XF ceramic diver. Just slap in a H-Fac dial if you can get one and it is pretty much decent out of the box.

The most critical part on the Ceramic divers were the number ring not matching the hands and so on. Then some needed a rebrush etc. etc.

Movement.options on the XF versions are good IMHO