• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF or ZF Pelagos?

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
I'm not finding much via search, the XF Pelagos seems to be more expensive than the ZF, but the ZF seems to be the popular one here. Is the ZF a more accurate replica? Is there a comparison thread somewhere I'm missing? Your input is appreciated.

Also, is there an LHD Pelagos replica?

The XF ( v6f ) is the superior rep that is why is a ' super rep ' on the NWBIG ' Consensual List ' . The XF is the more accurate rep . The latest batch come with the an Asian 2824-2 clone so no noisy Miyota movement. I would pay the extra bucks and get the XF version . For what you pay for the watch it is a bang for buck super rep . When you get your QC look at markers and make sure they are straight .

kryp29

Known Member
27/6/19
Whatever you buy, always avoid Miyota movement with decorated Tudor rotor. Its badly made, not only the rotor grinds, the decorated plate somehow couldn't keep the rotor securely. Just avoid it like a disease.

Last edited:

Crabber

I'm Pretty Popular
12/7/12
ZF now has a “best edition” with 2824 movement, actually more expensive than XF V5.

Anybody have this version or is it just too new? Have an XF V5 on order but factory is not yet online, so TD is asking me whether I want this ZF as it’s available now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phobos9

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/7/20
ZF now has a “best edition” with 2824 movement, actually more expensive than XF V5.

Anybody have this version or is it just too new? Have an XF V5 on order but factory is not yet online, so TD is asking me whether I want this ZF as it’s available now.

Bad times to buy pelagos. ZF is not bad but you can find in this forum a lot information and coclude that XF better by far

Crabber

I'm Pretty Popular
12/7/12
Have read all that which is why I ordered an XF v5, am wondering if this ZF “best edition” is a new version that has not yet been commented on.

phobos9

3/7/20
Have read all that which is why I ordered an XF v5, am wondering if this ZF “best edition” is a new version that has not yet been commented on.

As far as I know ZF makes only one pelagos with 2824. If they make a New version it may be indicate, V2, V3..

In wich TD did you see? Can you post the link?

Last edited:

Crabber

I'm Pretty Popular
12/7/12
phobos9 the link is just above, this TD has a 3 ZF Pelagos, one blue, specified as "best edition" with no Version stated (I want blue) and two black, one is a LH "best edition" with no version, and the other black one is also a "best edition" specified as a V2....all three come with 2824 movements.

phobos9

3/7/20
It doesn't look like the same watch. You can send an email to ask. When I get some time I Will compare that watch with fotos from Trusty web

Last edited:

phobos9

3/7/20
It doesn't look like the same watch. You can send an email to ask. When I get some time I Will compare that watch with fotos from Trusty web
Edit: i mean "it looks like the same watch"

Crabber

I'm Pretty Popular
12/7/12
The ChazingTime TD said that the Blue Tudor Pelagos ZF Best Edition is "the latest". I also checked on Trusty and they have what appears to be the same watch with the same description. Looking thru the pics the ZF "Best Edition" whatever version that is...has inferior bezel markings and stamping on the lugs, so I'm going to wait for the V5 XF.

phobos9

3/7/20
The ChazingTime TD said that the Blue Tudor Pelagos ZF Best Edition is "the latest". I also checked on Trusty and they have what appears to be the same watch with the same description. Looking thru the pics the ZF "Best Edition" whatever version that is...has inferior bezel markings and stamping on the lugs, so I'm going to wait for the V5 XF.
Ok, them photoshop comparison is no needed. I have been waiting for the blue XF pelagos for more than two months (Just saying for your information). Andrew from Trusty said to send me the black, for me is okay for now but imho the blue pelagos is a real special watch.

Any of us should open a New thread when XF version where available. Ok with that?

Chinaski

Horology Curious
13/10/23
Hello guys and girlsss, i wanna buy a LHD Pelagos from chasingtime. They have both, xf & zf. And with the same exact price.

XF still better in the lhd area in 2023 (this thread Is 4 ys old)
Thanx